Citrix Systems

Citrix Systems Reviews

Updated Apr 14, 2014

Citrix Systems President, CEO, and Director Mark B. Templeton

Mark B. Templeton

Pros:
  • "It is a great place to manage your work life balance"
    in 116 reviews
  • "Management is always working to make the work environment better"
    in 47 reviews
Cons:
  • "Work life Balance sometimes a challenge based on company culture and commitment to getting job done"
    in 16 reviews
  • "Middle management should be trashed , they are ' Yes Men ' who don't stand up for their teams"
    in 22 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Excellent work life balance

Software Test Engineer (Former Employee)
Gerrards Cross, England

I worked at Citrix Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros- Excellent work/life balance
- The people you will encounter and work with are amazingly talented and friendly
- If you work hard you will be recognized and rewarded for it (pay rise/incentives)
- Interesting work with the ability to easily move roles if you no longer feel challenged
- Starting salary is good (not the best out there but considerably better than most)

Cons- Promotion scheme needs to be improved
- Salaries progression should also be improved when compared to the US as the US employees are paid a LOT more. (However as stated in the Pros if you work hard your work will be recognised)
- Socializing outside of work generally does not occur as employees are too spread out due to the cost of living close to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management and finance/budgeting should pay better attention to feedback from managers, when the managers state that someone will be (probably) be ready for promotion in 6/12months they should budget accordingly so that more people can be promoted

Same problem as a startup with none of the benefits

Senior Engineer (Former Employee)
London, England

I worked at Citrix Systems full-time for more than 3 years

ProsWork life balance is OK. It's generally easy to work from home for a day or so or take time off.

ConsWorking remotely is generally limited to senior management. it's generally not possible to work from home for a long period of time, despite Citrix specializing in "work from anywhere" tools.

It's generally hard to work on something new or develop new idea. new technologies are generally acquired, not developped internally.
l
All in all, it feels like a giant startup, with no clear direction and middle management having no clues, but also adding layers upon layers of administrative slowness.

Advice to Senior Managementbe more flexible, take decisions and stick to it, dogfood tools by having employee use the product they develop while working remotely.

Generally a great company with a mixture of experience and enthusiasm.

Sales Engineer (Current Employee)
Chalfont Saint Peter, England

I have been working at Citrix Systems full-time for more than 5 years

ProsJudged on results rather than methods. Free tea. Little restrictions on innovating to make things better

ConsPoor pay, inconsistent marketing activity and still very US-centric in terms of opportunity and personal growth

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't get carried away with the new toys and listen to advice from experienced employees more, regardless of their position.

A combination of good people and good technology

Principal Architect (Current Employee)

I have been working at Citrix Systems full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThere's very little 'big company' politics, the company values "authenticity" and it shows. Everyone wants to do their best to make Citrix successful. Although much of the company was acquired, new groups are handled with care and not forcibly integrated in a manner which would destroy their value.

ConsThe company grows primarily through acquisition, so if a group needs significant resources to expand internally, it will find life quite difficult. Although the company has grown steadily over the last few years, it feels like some of the company processes haven't kept pace. For example making relatively small purchases must be signed off at a high level. Hiring is also tricky because the company uses a form of "on/off flow control" resulting in very narrow time windows where it is possible to hire someone.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompanies become excellent when they hire and exploit the best people. The best people are only available to hire intermittently. Maximize your chances of catching them by recruiting 24/7. Don't stop hiring to move a metric a small amount.

OK company to work for

I have been working at Citrix Systems

Prosgood working culture, cutting edge technology

Consnot so good salary, people are a bit arrogant

Good

I have been working at Citrix Systems full-time

ProsExcellent company to work for, career pathing is also good

ConsTest processes followed are tiresome and sometimes an overhead

Good place to work, reasonable pay and relaxed environment

I have been working at Citrix Systems full-time

ProsReasonable pay, very relaxed working environment, very flexible time, work from home, well defined careers path, generally a very skilled development team

ConsNo graduate program, pay increments are shrouded in politics, people don't tend to mix socially, with the odd exception - poorly educated test team

Clearly in top 20% best places to work in for software engineers

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Cambridge, East of England, England

I have been working at Citrix Systems full-time for more than a year

ProsQuite a nice place to work for a professional. Everyone around you is highly skilled.

ConsChanging things is so slow and corporate bureaucracy does slows down progress.

Innovative and room for personal growth

Solutions Architect (Current Employee)
London, England

I have been working at Citrix Systems full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat opportunity to work on the leading edge of mobility and cloud solutions
Work with the worlds largest organisations in transforming their IT service delivery
New learning opportunities continually appear
Personal responsibility for your delivery and career

ConsStill very US centric
Silo'd teams still make technical delivery difficult

Advice to Senior ManagementIntegrate pre & post sales consultancy more closely
Add headcount in-house rather than use sub-contractors

Great company being slowed down by a growing population of poor middle management.

I have been working at Citrix Systems full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGood products, great culture, good rewards, flexible working, successful, and growing fast even in the current economic climate.

ConsIncreasingly bloated, insufficiently experienced, weak, and self serving middle/senior management in too many areas. Lack of coherence and drive to coordinate between product groups. These are the main contributors towards an accelerating erosion of what once was a uniquely positive corporate culture.

Advice to Senior ManagementExecutive leadership needs to be brave enough to cull the weaker senior management and remove some management layers. Remind those that remain that a corporate culture only works if all are held accountable for supporting and acting in accordance with it. Make more vigorous efforts to better integrate the huge number of acquisitions into something more coherent.

Worked for Citrix Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Citrix Systems reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Citrix Systems CEO Mark B. Templeton. All 625 reviews are posted anonymously by Citrix Systems employees.