Claire's Stores

Be The First To
Add Photos

Claire's Stores CEO James D. Fielding

James D. Fielding

Pros
  • Awesome employee discount- although it made spending money within the store easy (in 35 reviews)

• Will hire you as a keyholder as long as you have previous retail experience, 50% discount on everything (in 27 reviews)

Cons
  • district manager doesn't care about individuals, just how we make her look (in 30 reviews)

• Too much tasking without the help of a staff because you are usually working alone (in 28 reviews)

More Highlights

Poor Management

Third Key Holder (Former Employee) Flagstaff, AZ (US)

ProsPoor management, horrible rushed training, too many hours and then little to no hours, high employee turnover and District Manager highly unprofessional and rude. Are forced to sell to customers and constantly bug customers while they are shopping. ADS is the most ridiculous system sales is second important. Employees undervalued no growth opportunities

ConsPay for third key is a bit higher than minimum wage and you are allowed to be alone in the store so some sense of independence

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your employees more and give reasonable tasks. Don't leave all the dirty work for your employees get your hands dirty too and stop making promises you can not keep.

This was probably the absolute worst place I have ever worked. The company is so unorganized. Stay away from this compan

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLaid back, easy. I have nothing more good to say.

ConsThe company was unorganized. I had highest dollar per sale 3 months in a row, and was supposed to get a $25 gift card for every month. Never received any. I also only worked 3 hours a week with the promise of more hours once fully trained. After 6 months, the manager said that she just never had the time to train me, and made me tell the district manager that I had been fully trained.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy manager was fired, so I'm hoping that the management is fine now. But I quit long before that happened.

Tough workplace!

District Sales Manager (Former Employee) Albuquerque, NM (US)

ProsThere are not manu pros for this company. You do get company car, computer, cellphone. Mostly 9-5 work schedule.

Conseverything! Low pay for store managers, little training, low workforce payroll, large shipments, low retention, cut-throat upper management.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Claires cute products

Retail Store Manager (Current Employee) Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Proscute products, good work hours

Consnot a lot to do some days, not great pay

Advice to Senior Managementpay better, give more creative freedom

Fun and Exciting!

Store Manager (Former Employee) Aberdeen, SD (US)

ProsWorked with some great people!

ConsNot much communication from above

Depends on your DM

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros• Great workplace environment
    • Decent hours
    • Flexibility when it isn't holidays or back-to-school

Cons• Never get pay raises
    • High turnover
    • Uneven distribution of responsibilities
    • Not paid enough for responsibilities

Ups and downs

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Hoffman Estates, IL (US)

Prospleasant working environment
    technological infrastructure has been improved since I started
    goodie boxes with merchandise for friends and family
    on site cafeteria with healthy choices
    on site exercise facility

Conspay is less that average
    middle management often overlooks females as potential experts
    first level support needs to increase troubleshooting skills, time management

Advice to Senior Managementall upper management needs to be certain that middle management is treating all departmental employees with respect
    middle management needs to make sure that all departments work on skill development

Fun and energetic!

Assistant Manager (Former Employee) Harrisburg, PA (US)

ProsGreat people to work with and a lot of great training is available for students that are working for the first time in retail

ConsVery overworked management
    very small staff, very hard to take time off

Advice to Senior ManagementHaving a bigger staff would not be very hurtful to employees, especially around the holidays.

Intensive

Sales Associate (Current Employee) The Woodlands, TX (US)

ProsGet 50% off everything in stores. Friendly people. Nice working environment (sometimes)

ConsTraining, ear piercing, organization of the store. Can be stressful at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave little competitions between sales associates during the week. This will help motivate everyone while working.

LOVED THIS JOB

Third Key (Former Employee) Bend, OR (US)

Prossmall team of co-workers so we were like a family, it was easy to sell the stuff cause is was inexpensive and fun stuff. Plenty of opportunity for advancement. the employee discount was the BEST.

Consthere was a bit of a disconnect between our store and the higher ups in the company, our district manager would sweep in and give us her "solutions" to our problems and just expect the numbers to magically change.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaybe make it easier to transfer? I would still be working for Claire's, but i moved to another state and the store here wouldn't even consider me cause they had a full staff, I wouldve liked the change to meet the team and be put on an on call staus maybe, to help out when needed, I loved the company.

Worked for Claire's Stores? Contribute to the Community!