Clear Channel

Clear Channel Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Clear Channel CEO Bob Pittman

Bob Pittman

Pros
  • I enjoyed the work environment and many staff members were very close(in 13 reviews)

• lots of good people at my job place(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Outside of upper management and AM personalities, the pay is very disappointing(in 21 reviews)

• No room for growth and they don't like to pay very well unless you're in upper management(in 7 reviews)

Great place to work; no two days are alike!

Account Executive (Former Employee)

ProsGreat resources. Fantastic benefits. Good local leadership.

ConsLack of perks. No on going training other than on-line.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet back to basics.

Micromanaged

Station Management (Current Employee) Denver, CO (US)

ProsA steady paycheck. Decent management and good coworkers at the local level.

ConsEvery department is micromanaged from the corporate level. You do not dare to make meaningful decisions at the local level for fear of being reprimanded by corporate. In many cases the people at corporate creating and dictating policy have never so much as set foot in a radio station. The end result is a local staff that sits back and waits to be told what to do, and is content to do nothing in an effort to simply "stay under the radar." There is so much wrong here that one would have to write a book to cover it all.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake some effort to know the business you are running. You treat everyone as if they work on an assembly line at a factory. Let the creative people be creative. Realize that one size does not fit all.

Great place to work and meet new and exciting people

Web/Promotion Assistant (Current Employee) Bakersfield, CA (US)

ProsMedia, Music, Marketing, Graphic Design

Conscompensation, there is a great lack of pay for the promotion, job clarity

Advice to Senior Managementcompensation

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Clear Channel takes advantage of lower level employees and interns.

Morning Show Intern (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsIt was a great learning experience.

ConsI could seriously write a novel about the cons, but the biggest one is the absolute disrespect they show employees from entry level to mid-level management. The constant fear of budget cuts and hiring freezes all while trumping record profits. It was maddening.

Marketing/Promotions Intern

Marketing/Promotions Intern (Former Employee) San Antonio, TX (US)

ProsI enjoyed getting to sit in meetings and discuss ideas for promotions, etc.

ConsIt was sometimes the "fetch my coffee" type of internship, and I spent a lot of time doing work like cleaning out closets, etc. Internship also unpaid.

Advice to Senior ManagementInclude interns in brainstorming sessions more!

Micro management to excess. Failure to retain employees because of time consumption in the office.

Account Executive (Current Employee) Panama City Beach, FL (US)

Prostraining, company benefits, perks, unique creative group, reputation of stations

Consnegative atmosphere with constant need to breakdown staff to try to make them feel like they could never succeed anywhere else

Advice to Senior Managementlet your people do their jobs

Not a company to grow with.

Traffic Manager (Current Employee)

ProsLooking from the outside in, it seems like a good company to work with. They seem to be making big moves in the market. Company culture is ok, being in the Radio Industry.

ConsNo raises for 6 years, bad compensation, then after many years of dedicated work they make a number of layoffs and big cuts as they have been for years, this would not be a time to work this type of company.

Account Executive

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNumerous opportunities to meet artists and celebrities

ConsHigh turnover
    Slow career growth
    No training or entry-level support

Advice to Senior ManagementGrow your hungry and young talent. Give them opportunities to work on larger projects to keep them from leaving.

Poor Management

ProsFlexible work schedule. Fun coworkers. Great internship program.

ConsNo room for growth, been told I was lucky to still have a job when looking for an increase in compensation. Rather hire out than promote from within.

STAY AWAY IF YOU ARE A 'SEASONED SALES REP'!!!

Account Executive (Current Employee) Rockville, MD (US)

ProsLots of helpful information; presentations on their internal website. Perfect for the YOUNG and INEXPERIENCED!

ConsHORRIBLE training. You can't even call it 'training.' MICRO-MANAGEMENT throughout; salary is TERRIBLE and only for 6 months. After that all commissions. IMPOSSIBLE to make a living at CC. Managers all stick together. Not very friendly. A very, very strange place to work!

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your act together. CC is NOT the great company you preach it is. Take your heads out of the sand and let 'new' blood bring in new ideas. If you want 'ORDER TAKERS', don't hire SEASONED SALES reps. Same advice ... if you want someone to sit at their desks ALL DAY and go through useless leads, don't hire an OUTSIDE or SEASONED SALES REP!

Worked for Clear Channel? Contribute to the Community!