Clear Channel

Clear Channel Reviews

Updated Jul 31, 2014

Clear Channel CEO Bob Pittman

Bob Pittman

Pros
  • I enjoyed the work environment and many staff members were very close (in 13 reviews)

• lots of good people at my job place (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Outside of upper management and AM personalities, the pay is very disappointing (in 21 reviews)

• No room for growth and they don't like to pay very well unless you're in upper management (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Loans are due, so employees must be let go. Doesn't matter how hard they work.

Director (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsAbility to be creative. Good Co-workers. Sometimes enough money to complete a project

ConsPeople are laid off like a bodily function. Chaotic management. Some people work hard, some have friends in higher places.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to figure out a profitable business plan for each division. Learn what people do before you lay them off

Top flight company for products and processes

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsReally smart, committed people in some key positions. Key clients and major agencies were part of the everyday sales process. Best in class company from competitive point of view.

ConsConsistent bad hiring in management positions caused constant turmoil. Company consistently' reached' on the perceived abilities of managers and this caused friction and hard feelings regards the employees individuals managed. Turnover was rampant during this time- no experience was left in the market.

Advice to Senior ManagementFigure out a way to stabilize your management and you will have a more stable and productive rank and file.

Account Manager

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLarge organization so you get decent benefits

ConsManagement in the Cincinnati office is lacking

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen you get a good manager in a department do everything you can to keep them.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A place for the Pro-Active Indidividual

Intern (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsIf you want to work in a relaxed and laid-back environment, this is a good place to do so. If you are a person who prefers working by yourself, this is the place for you.

ConsAs an intern it is hard to find a place for yourself among your superiors. You are expected to be a "self-starter" but there weren't any resources provided to do so. By "resources" I meant that we were limited to the things we were exposed to. Your best bet is to find a mentor that will take time outside his/her schedule to work with you. The employees are very unprofessional and there is a lack of concern for the well being of their interns.

Advice to Senior ManagementI do not want to hold the whole Clear Channel Inc. accountable for my dissatisfaction because I interned for one part of the company. I interned at the Atlanta office and my experience was subpar. Management needs to consider creating an actual program for interns, with the goals clearly set out. Frankly, I did not gain much experience with this company.

Promotions Intern during college

Promotions Intern (Current Employee) Raleigh, NC (US)

ProsA fun work experience promoting media and entertainment for a major corporation.

ConsInternships are unpaid. Even without pay, there should be a considerable amount of learning experience offered and full-time employees do not put a focus on giving that to college interns.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

My experience at Clear Channel was AWESOME...

Producer, Board-Op (Current Employee) Detroit, MI (US)

ProsI worked with some of the greats in radio and televison. I leaned a lot about the the industry as an intern and as an employee. There were perks such as meeting celebrities on a daily basis, getting free concert tickets and free access to clubs.

ConsThere weren't many who were wiling to help your grow.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your hard working interns a little more.

An Intern's View

Intern (Former Employee) Burbank, CA (US)

ProsI enjoyed the work environment and many staff members were very close.

ConsThe company is very large and you can get lost in the shuffle if you don't prepare.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would try to listen to more people and have better organization.

Learned a lot while selling my soul

Producer (Former Employee) Richmond, VA (US)

ProsAs a producer for 3 local news-talk programs for WRVA, I learned my way around a board, how to edit and finalize audio in less than 15 seconds, and I developed an on-air personality through my interactions with the hosts. That helped me to land a gig DJing for the local indie radio station, WRIR which I love.

ConsClear Channel is an utterly evil corporation owned by the Romney family with it's tendrils sucking the life out of low-paid college students across the country. I slaved away with no hope of a raise, worked insane hours, and had to put up with affronting and insulting political opinions that often targeted me. It was not a happy place for me.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind a way to offer raises to those who deserve it, stand up for your employees.

Great Atmosphere, Terrible Upper Management

Account Executive (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsEnvironment is best in the industry, friendly colleagues and managers always willing to help each other. No traditional cutthroat sales tactics here.

ConsCompany finances are poor. $21billion in debt, more cuts coming. Stay away for now if you are looking for something long term.

Advice to Senior ManagementLaid off a ton of people with no notice. Company spend a lot of money in the wrong places, and the employees pay the price.

Clear Channel was a good company to work for

Radio Personality (Former Employee) Columbus, GA (US)

ProsFun radio experience, people were great

ConsPay was not good. When asked for a raise they basically laughed in my face

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your good people a little bit better....Every little bit counts it at least lets them know that you really do care.

Worked for Clear Channel? Contribute to the Community!