Clinical Professionals

1 Rating

1. Consultant

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Reading, England
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Reading, England

I have been working at Clinical Professionals full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A TIMES 100 top company to work for, a survey completed by employees that is truthful, accurate and not open to distortion. Great training, development, career progression, benefits and great working environment. A great team of people in a business that has gone through exceptional growth.

Cons

Sometimes we hire people with a negative attitude that feel they can do or be what they want with no feeling towards others in the business. This needs to be focused on as bad apples can cause a stink in the barrel

Advice to Management

Hire great people so we continue to get great results and remember some team members bring pleasure wherever they go OTHERS WHEN THEY GO

2. Can be ok-if management likes you

Former Employee - Consultant in Reading, England
    Former Employee - Consultant in Reading, England

I worked at Clinical Professionals full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some great people
    decent atmosphere
    often was a fun place to work

Cons

people on different salaries even if you're doing the same job and billing ok
    Average to poor commission
    really obvious favouritism
    rookies/ grads get exploited because they dont know better.
    If you get on the wrong side of the management you can get treated pretty badly

Advice to Management

start treatng everyone more fairly becaus it gets noticed

3. Clinical Unprofessionals

Former Employee - Recruiter in London, England
    Former Employee - Recruiter in London, England

I worked at Clinical Professionals full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good marketing. If you look at the company info it makes good impression and you may think this is a quality business... but that's where it ends.

Cons

- No training
    - Unprofessional management, bullying of employees and very bad work environment
    - "Zero-level" know how. They do not have a clue about recruitment in Europe and when I worked there hardly anyone was making sales. I really wondered at times where their profit was coming from... and if all these growth figures they quote as 'official' have anything to do with reality.
    - Long working hours with poor remuneration

Advice to Management

What kind of adice can you give to people who act unprofessionally and do not understand the business they work in? Try to find another job...?

Great opportunities for hard workers!

Current Employee - Resourcer in Reading, England
    Current Employee - Resourcer in Reading, England

I have been working at Clinical Professionals full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been at clinical professionals for a short time and can already see it has been the best decision I have made so far in my career. Having come from a completely different background, I was uncertain at first if it was going to be the right career move, but can definitely see the opportunities that are available for me here if I put the hard work in, in which I’m going to do! The hours are long but I find the day goes quickly and I am always busy, and we get a good hour for lunch in which I like to go for a walk or lunch with my fellow colleagues which is great. Everyone here has been really friendly and supportive, and the thing I like most is that everybody is pleased and happy when we get a placement, and we even do a mass office Mexican wave which is brilliant as it really gives the consultant a boost in morale that they have done well. I hope to stay here and progress with the company, and of course, do well so I can make the money!!

Cons

Possibly starting at 8, but I have got used to that now so isn’t as bad!

Advice to Management

Keep going, it's a great company to be part of!

Brill!

I have been working at Clinical Professionals full-time

Pros

The team; it really is a great environment with so much energy & ambition. We are all focused, & trying to achieve the same things, as a team. The two offices work really well together, & the senior management is knowledgable, supportive & approachable - I can't fault them
    The opportunities; career opportunities here are amazing, if you do well, you will progress. But also, working for Clinical Professionals mean that as you progress, you learn "the best way" to work in recruitment. The quality standards are very high for the 360 recruiter, but also as you work your way up the ladder, leadership skills & management styles are taught to you that are of equally high standards

Cons

Recent reviews on glassdoor that are based on untruths & come from disgruntled former employees that are simply "throwing a mood".

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. This business is only going to get better & better, I can see it happening. It's already developed so much since I joined

7. I love my job and my career

I have been working at Clinical Professionals full-time

Pros

Since joining CP over a year ago I have never been so happy or fulfilled in the work place. It is a fun, engaging and genuinely exciting place to work. I have all the support and training I could ask for, I am challenged and this work brings its own rewards, both money and recognition in the team. My team are great, supportive and it is a fantastic work environment. If you care about succeeding and put the work in, you will go far. The people who have left early either didn't have the skill or the attitude to last in this business.

Cons

Long working hours but by no means terrible for recruitment.

Advice to Management

Perhaps a little more insight on company workings.

Not a great company - do not recommend

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Reading, England
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Reading, England

I worked at Clinical Professionals full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good training.
    Good social scene.
    Few good managers.

Cons

Poor management structure.
    No real guidance or support.
    Upper management was unprofessional on many levels.
    Poor pay & benefits.
    No progression.
    Management turned a blind eye to unprofessional behaviour in the work-place.
    Poor reputation in the industry.
    Take advantage of young employees/fresh grads.

Advice to Management

Both the recruitment and pharmaceutical industries are places where everyone knows everybody - treating your staff with respect usually will help you in the longer term. Unfortunately it might be too late for Clinical Professionals to turn it around with many of their ex-employees now working in-house at the companies who they are trying to get business from.

What a team!

I have been working at Clinical Professionals full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I joined the business last year having interviewed at several other agencies. I chose Clinical Professionals as the development and support program was the best offered in the market and I wanted to join a fast passed growing business. The initial training course which covers Candidate, Client and Job management as well as a comprehensive overview of the Pharma industry was delivered with detail and passion by the management team. I had a logbook which covered off my first few months with the business which enabled me to track my development and progression. The career path is very structured and after my logbook, like all of the recruitment team, I now have quarterly reviews and a PDP which will is tailored to my development and career goals. As the business grows the progression opportunities are endless, which is great for me as I know I want to progress - I'm just not 100% sure into what yet! There is a lot of process within the company with regards to the way we recruit, how we manage candidates, KPIs etc, more than I have been used to - but I can see the processes are there for a reason, as Clinical Professionals operates in such a competitive market, the processes seem to be constantly evolving to ensure we are consistently a cut above our competitors! The process also enables me to earn that well deserved commission!! The social side of the company is amazing, (allowing me to spend the well earned commission!) with a fat cats club for the high achievers every quarter, dinner and drinks!

Cons

I have seen a few people leave since I joined, but no-one that was 'top of the board' so to speak. In my experience in recruitment, if people can't hack the pace and they are failing, they move on to what appears to be greener grass! They can watch us grow from the side-lines!!

Advice to Management

Focus on the top performers and keep going with the training and development program, its a brilliant culture, full of drive, competative spirit and shared learning. I'm glad to be part of it.

Market leading business with still more potential...

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Clinical Professionals full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've worked in a couple of recruitment companies in my career and it's fair to say some have a very much 'boiler room' approach and didn't put emphasis on quality and long-term relationships with candidates and clients; it was much more a transactional 'here and now' revenue focus. I joined Clinical Professionals for many reasons, I was not actually even looking for a role at the time, but the talented individuals working there were so passionate and the owner of the business had a great vision. Since I joined I've progressed to a senior leadership role and have also worked on a wide range of different projects. No day is the same and it's very challenging but I thrive in this type of environment. I don't notice the longer recruitment hours anymore at CP as the people here are truly great, very talented and fantastic fun! I work for a very passionate and driven leader now who is so supportive and nurturing, giving us constant training and investment so we can continue to develop - I like learning! We also have a talent development team who are dedicated to training and development and genuinely care about ensuring this happens. It's a meritocratic environment - good attitude and hard work are rewarded - many have had fast track promotion because of their results or won quarterly incentive schemes.

Cons

Reading some of these negative reviews makes me quite sad as I think most of those concerned unfortunately were not successful in their roles, or it wasn't the right environment for them, but there are many long-standing members of staff who have been very successful, and I am glad to say also some newer members of staff who show great potential who I can't wait to see progress.... Yes recruitment is long hours and demanding, but you can't have a better chance than in our niche sector with the leading independent business that invests heavily in marketing, advertising, etc., and with a great career path and support/development structure.

Advice to Management

Stay focussed on the positive changes you are implementing as the benefits are already showing, then expand further! Keep listening to staff via the Consultants forum and open door policy.

I love my job

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Clinical Professionals full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Since starting at Clinical Professionals it was quickly established this was a company I knew I wanted to stay. The support you receive from your managers, MDs and peers is second to none and there's no problem they're not happy to help you with. I enjoy coming in to work and leave feeling like I have achieved something great every day looking forward to the next. No achievement (little or large) goes un noticed and there's always encouragement and acknowledgement from my manager :-) the commission structure is great and I like working for a recruiter where the candidate is valued just as much (if not more) as the client.

Cons

I have none, I love my work, the people I work with and the fact that everyday no matter what problems may occur I leave feeling like I am fulfilling my potential.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work :-)

Clinical Professionals Photos