Coca-Cola Refreshments
www.coca-cola.company Atlanta, GA 5000+ Employees

Coca-Cola Refreshments Reviews

Updated Apr 14, 2014

Muhtar Kent

Pros:
  • "Good benefits, big opportunity to relocate, tuition assistance is very easy"
    in 40 reviews
  • "Great Benefits along with job growth makes Coca-Cola worth while"
    in 33 reviews
Cons:
  • "Benefits eligibility is too long (90 Days); Hard to transition into higher level roles;No work-life balance"
    in 42 reviews
  • "Long hours in an unprofessional work environment for little pay"
    in 62 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

its hard work with no reward

I have been working at Coca-Cola Refreshments

Prosyou get to work by yourself

Conshours always change, days off always change.

Advice to Senior Managementfigure out problems

great

I have been working at Coca-Cola Refreshments

Prosgreat place to work today

Cons24/7 work not a lot of moving up

Sounds good, but is it?

Manager (Former Employee)
Hollywood, FL (US)

I worked at Coca-Cola Refreshments full-time for more than 10 years

ProsWorking for worlds most recognized trademark. Benefits competitive. Upon hire, all employees are encourage towards advancement ( but doesn't pan out for more than 15%).

ConsThe company name does not equal career. Where you work doesn't define you as a worker.
Promotions are far and few between and as management changes, so do those promoted. Unfair and inconsistent. You are made to feel you should be happy for a job, but you know you are worth and deserve more. Managers know less than most of their reports. Managers are not held accountable for high turn over or complaints.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at your management team and ask your employees who they do or will respect as their manager. You should be able to formulate better decisions that way and keep retention and moral higher. Obviously you can skew things anyway you want but the engagement results are consistent and desperate for improvementt

Coach up or coach out.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Coca-Cola Refreshments full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThe Coca-Cola name looks good on a resume. Usually pretty easy to get into the system, gain some experience and basic skills and build your resume for your next company.

ConsExtremely fast paced environment with consistent reorganizations. Very much a coach up or coach out atmosphere. Only good for a career if you plan to move or move-up every few years.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlace a higher importance on showing your employees that they are valued and that you value individualism. Do a better job of training and developing your employees.

Great experience AND Resume builder....but time to jump ship, its sinking....

National Account Executive (Former Employee)
Orlando, FL (US)

I worked at Coca-Cola Refreshments full-time for more than 10 years

ProsIt is an education, you will learn more technique and selling process then you will ever need or could possibly use. Brand trademark and recognition, thee is a sense of pride that comes with Coca-Cola trademark.

ConsDysfunctional environment at best, there are many silos - (departments pitted against each other) the business is in decline and unstable at best. Both the distribution side is in complete disarray, and the consumer is choosing other brands. The company is a billion dollar brand, but can be very 'cheap' when it comes to employees and even business tools (i.e. Point of sale material, etc). The best thing used to be a company car, and some free tickets....those went away not too long ago. And so did I as a result.

Advice to Senior ManagementBreak down the internal walls and politics first! Get your ego folks in check and fast.... evaluate compensation structure to better align and re engage employees. Open up the checkbook to drive community relevant events, allow the employee voice to be just that...and not a program that someone can check a box. Review products and market strategies. The brand needs a boost and bad. Innovation, Investment is needed in the company....badly.

I am happy to be part of the family

Financial Analyst (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at Coca-Cola Refreshments as a contractor for less than a year

ProsI make my own hours. No one is checking on me.

ConsI was offered a perm position, but CCR withdrew the offer because of credit. This is unfair. I was not given an opportunity to explain. The dispute process sucks!

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the hiring process. Credit should not be used to deny someone a job.

very positive experience

Merchandiser (Current Employee)
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at Coca-Cola Refreshments full-time for less than a year

Prossalary
positive environment
safety is a priority

Conslong shifts
breaks can be hard to get at times

Advice to Senior Managementlisten more to your workers suggestions

good days and bad days

Account Manager (Former Employee)
Fort Worth, TX (US)

I worked at Coca-Cola Refreshments full-time for more than 5 years

Prosflexibility during day
good benefits
quality of product

ConsManagement is out of touch with what goes on in trade

You will not see a manager in trade unless they are forced to

Managers can not make a sales call unless a fellow manager is with them. They have a problem doing calls by themselves like others in the company do on a daily basis

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote more within company. Working for someone with no experience is bad morale

Pride in the company

Human Resources (Former Employee)

I worked at Coca-Cola Refreshments

ProsThe brand is amazing. Coca-Cola is everywhere and is an important part of history and culture all over the world. Very proud to change purchasing habits to support the brand and encourage family and friends to do the same.

ConsLots of changes are rolled out and executed initially; however the follow up and continued follow up needs improvement. If a change was made it was wholeheartedly promoted and rolled out, then it just fizzled and burnt out, especially employee engagement programs.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication! In the department that I was employed, the Senior Management team were rarely on the same page. One manager said one thing; another said something else; and the third was completely in another direction. Regular meetings were held in an attempt to keep the team on the page; however the management team rarely seemed to know that others were doing. Little synergy seemed to exist.

Educational

Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee)
Alsip, IL (US)

I worked at Coca-Cola Refreshments full-time for more than 5 years

Prosworking there made me happy to be a part of the team

Conseveryday is different .... no communication from sales to distribution

Advice to Senior Managementtake a look at the little guys and reward them often

Worked for Coca-Cola Refreshments? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Coca-Cola Refreshments reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Coca-Cola Refreshments CEO Muhtar Kent. All 766 reviews are posted anonymously by Coca-Cola Refreshments employees.