Cognizant Technology Solutions

3.5 5,022 reviews

Cognizant Technology Solutions President & CEO Frank D'Souza

Frank D'Souza

(3,603 ratings)

Pros
  • Good work culture compared to other offshoring companies(in 496 reviews)

• Better work-life balance as compared to top tier consulting companies(in 415 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-Life Balance & Onshore opportunities depends on the project you are into(in 288 reviews)

• No work life balance because of nightly offshore calls(in 64 reviews)

5,022 Employee Reviews

Excellent organisation to work for

Manager - Projects (Current Employee)

ProsPerformance based growth, travel opportunities, good management. Overall Cognizant is a good organisation where performance matters. Personally I am happy to be part of this organisation for the last 9 plus years.

ConsNothing much, but many areas to improve though. Performance management has improved a lot which needed changes earlier. Back in offshore, travel to office is a big problem with offices located far off from the city.

One of the best company that I had worked

Project Manager (Current Employee) London, England

ProsOn site opp, can work various domains, good comp etc

ConsPromotion depends on your manager that u work for

Good people working hard

Project Manager (Former Employee) London, England

ProsDurring my time, the people I met where open and supportive, driven and talented for the most part. I served time at a major CTS customer, difficult but enjoyed the experience.

ConsIntegrating with offshore delivery model, communication and client centric model where all challenging. Difficult to adhere to a standard and an ethos so remote.

Advice to Senior ManagementIntegrating teams across different engagements, building a work community beyond offshore. Capturing what works across the various projects to improve delivery. Focus on not just selling in resources but the high value areas.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Project Manager

Proslots of opportunities abroad, compensation

Consoffice culture, no transparency in people process,

Advice to Senior Managementtransparency in appraisal and promotions

Experience has been very good

Client Partner (Current Employee) London, England

ProsEmployee friendly work environment and varied opportunities for growth

ConsNone significant that need to be mentioned

Company

Project Manager (Current Employee) London, England

ProsGood culture and great people

ConsInexperienced and non decision making management with very traditional indian mentality, certainly not a Tier 5 company as they keep claiming.
    No consulting experience what so ever and won't have with just bringing in offshore people to clients site

Advice to Senior ManagementGet better training for yourselves on how to manage with cooperation and not manipulating employees to take the blame.

Positive experience .. good people to work with

Senior Manager (Current Employee) London, England

ProsSenior leadership commands respect within & outside the organisation. Compensation & benefits are in-line with the industry standards .. very good training opportunities offered throughout the year

ConsShould increase organisation visibility in Europe & UK markets

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Great bunch of people to work with

ProsPassionate people, ensures career growth, onsite travels, good HR policy

ConsCompensation is not up to the industry standard

Body Shopped : Bad trade off. Lack of sensitivity!!!

Manager - Projects (Current Employee)

ProsThere are no fake components in the salary. OK for starter/freshers but not advisable for mid level career seekers.

ConsTypical office politics and you'll be lucky only if your manager and peers are genuine. No consideration is ever given to your personal life. All you are looked upon is as money making machine, who is not allowed to carry any humanly aspects of our 'life'. Even if you have leaves accumulated you can't take time off since it's considered as a billing loss.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet employee feel like Human beings, specially those who are at client site and not as someone who has been body shopped for billing and company's profitability.

Consultant

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) London, England

ProsGrowth opportunities, in-house training, compensation, benefits

ConsCompany organization, poor management, perks

Advice to Senior ManagementOffice culture

Worked for Cognizant Technology Solutions? Contribute to the Community!