Cognizant Technology Solutions

Cognizant Technology Solutions President & CEO Frank D'Souza

Frank D'Souza

(3,208 ratings)

4,417 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Fair company with good work culture, good opportunities to learn and explore"
    in 441 reviews
  • "Better work-life balance as compared to top tier consulting companies"
    in 346 reviews
Cons:
  • "Work-life balance is nil at many projects due to poor work culture imposed by lower level managers"
    in 247 reviews
  • "No work life balance, Working with the same client unless you move out of the company"
    in 52 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Architect

Architect (Former Employee)

I worked at Cognizant Technology Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

ProsExcellent opportunities for Learning in both technology and across lots of industry verticals.
Flexibility in exploring various roles and responsibilities. Working in a new domain.

ConsToo many levels of hierarchy. Career growth is stagnant.
Less avenues for professional growth.

A pleasant one

I have been working at Cognizant Technology Solutions full-time

ProsGreat place to work because of the high quality culture that is put in perspective.

ConsNo sour experiences during my tenure

Needs to understand what is is trying to become

Senior Manager (Current Employee)
London, England

I have been working at Cognizant Technology Solutions full-time for more than a year

ProsAmbitious well funded and recruiting heavily. has a fascinating range of clients across a large number of verticals and is actively looking for more "new logos" to add.
Also has an internal venture capital business looking to invest in clever ideas.
Ability to work worldwide.

ConsSenior managers obsessed by relative rank, often telling more junior members of staff just to get on with things even when valid concerns are raised.
Time serving staff just promoted because they have been around for quite some time, rather than because they have the talent
Poor quality of vertical and sales staff, more concerned with getting the win than securing a deal / project that is deliverable
Highly variable quality of individuals within the company both on an offshore

Advice to Senior ManagementHire some experienced senior managers from outside
Promote a culture of healthy challenge and accept that junior members of staff may have valid concerns to raise
Stop relying on throwing huge numbers of (cheap offshore) resources at projects because a salesperson (see above) has undersold something

Fast paced

Business Analyst (Current Employee)
London, England

ProsInnovation and independence and key to cognizant and to their culture. This allows you to be creative and have the full backing of senior leadership.

ConsThere aren't many cons. They are a fast growing organisation and so it can be hard to see their future. They seem to be transitioning into new areas from the old BPO which is exciting.

Advice to Senior ManagementClean up and speed up internal systems.

A lot of potential, but currently hampered by arbitrary business mechanisms.

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Cognizant Technology Solutions full-time

ProsGood platform for an introduction to market leading clients in a wide range of industries across the world. A solid range of technical expertise can be sought within the consultancy. Future plans as set by CEO and board level members points to a good future growth strategy.

ConsOverbearing business processes hampers innovation, progression and at times morale. Communications to and between employees is typically very impersonal - associates at all levels of the organisation are communicated as a numeric ID rather than names. Politics having negative impact to Cognizant internal delivery structure and fractures are damaging potential client solution proposals.

Advice to Senior ManagementFor BAU clients and operations - hire appropriately.
For your innovation strategy - again, hire appropriately.

Please remember that employees are people - try investing more time and effort in building appropriate teams for appropriate objectives; you'll end up enhancing quality and not have to fight the price wars you're engaged in against lesser S.Is'!

Overall good experience will say

Project Management Officer (Current Employee)
Leeds, England

I have been working at Cognizant Technology Solutions for more than 5 years

Proshas spent 5+ years with no growth

Conssome bad experience with lower management

Advice to Senior ManagementLower management people are non co operative. racism noticed

Good work ethics

I have been working at Cognizant Technology Solutions full-time

ProsThis firm is Employee friendly.you will find buddies all around the world to help you .

ConsPublic sector. This is a tough area right now. Governments are in the process of cutting back, especially in light of budget deficits. Thus, expect these pressures to have an impact on the firm.

Management. This is a highly complex organization
Hard work is must onshore.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore perks for deserving employees

great place to work at and good culture

Consultant (Current Employee)
London, England

I have been working at Cognizant Technology Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

ProsCognizant technology solutions as a company has lot to offer to an employee. the points which I consider as pros are as follows Culture, opportunities, Company growth and work life balance

ConsThe company Cognizant technology solutions has lot to offer to an employee. the points which I consider as Cons are as follows work pressure, employee on pressure for business development

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Ambitious company where you need to create your own structure and pace

Director (Current Employee)
London, England

ProsCan drive as fast as you choose and take initiative within your accounts. Often sees opportunities vs. liabilities which can good and bad. Exciting pursuits and some very creative people but you have to find them and use them.

ConsLeadership as many weak links so need to avoid the 'yes men' and focus on who can enable the right solutions.
Too big
Work-Life balance is what you make it. No one will control it but you. In CTS world working 16 hours a day 7 days a week is barely fully time.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in following some stronger delivery approaches. Focus on core capabilities and exceed performance vs. just getting by.

Great Company to Work for and gain International Client Side Experience

Senior Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Cognizant Technology Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat Paymaster and supports employees

ConsSelf development curriculum/inhouse training needs improvement.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromotion Cycle needs more visibility

Worked for Cognizant Technology Solutions? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cognizant Technology Solutions reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Cognizant Technology Solutions CEO Frank D'Souza. All 4,417 reviews are posted anonymously by Cognizant Technology Solutions employees.