Comcast

2,440 Reviews

Comcast Chairman and CEO Brian L. Roberts
Brian L. Roberts
1,243 Ratings

Pros
  • The ONLY pro to working at Comcast is the super cheap cable and Internet (in 172 reviews)

• You get free cable service and free internet service with reduced rates on equipment (in 356 reviews)

Cons
  • It is very apparent why Comcast is consistently in the bottom of customer service (in 153 reviews)

• The nature of the business makes it hard for work-life balance to be created (in 46 reviews)

More Highlights

Comcast is a good company with great pay in sales, great benefits, and complimentary cable, internet, and home- phone.

Former Employee - Inbound Sales Representative & Direct Sales in Houston, TX (US)

I worked at Comcast full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent pay for sales reps, complimentary cable, internet, & home-phone, excellent health benefits & 401k plan.

Cons

Long work hours, a lot of negative supervisors, & employees (not everyone is negative) high stress work environment. Took away work at hm program which helps so many families. Out sourced a lot of jobs oversees which customer's are very uncomfortable talking to reps in a different country whom they cannot understand.

Management should all be on the same page across the board. Employees are people, many whom are dedicated hard workers, and not just numbers to help achieve business goals. Stop out sourcing jobs oversee's it is bad for business as customers hate talking to under-trained reps in a different country which whom can do who knows what with customers personal info & needless to say most cannot speak nor understand English. Customers complain about this often once they do reach a rep in their local area.

Concast

Current Employee - Xfinity Specialist in Margate, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Xfinity Specialist in Margate, FL (US)

I have been working at Comcast

Pros

Free cable, int, phone and security

Cons

Customer service sucks and always a problem with the bill

Fix the phone connections when ppl call their calls always drop before they can even get to an agent.

Hypocrisy

Current Employee - Direct Sales Representative in Fresno, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Direct Sales Representative in Fresno, CA (US)

I have been working at Comcast

Pros

Good place to start as a young sales representative benefits are good,vacations they pay for gas

Cons

Management tells you to do whatever it takes to get the sale when it hits the fan you are all by yourself jealous envious coworkers that do the same dirt as you yet they point the finger.

Remember what goes around comes around

Appreciation

I worked at Comcast (more than 8 years)

Pros

Working for Comcast, I was given my training opportunities to learn about the company and how to improve on servicing the public. Comcast always provided many ways to train from class to online which allow me to grow.

Cons

I look at the possibilities, I found lessons to learn. Working for a corporation is not about a part of a picture but the bigger picture, that is the lesson I learned.

Always ensure all employees understand the company's ideals, concepts and bottom line.

Was good! knew diffrent countries and their cultures, knowlegde of new products.

Former Employee - Director of Sales Latin America Division in Lima, Lima Region (Peru)

I worked at Comcast full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Intrenational presence, Latino Community, Best Quality Products, Best Solutions than competition, Knowledge, Team work, Qualified Personel, Travel

Cons

Prices more expensives in comparison with the competition in the Latino Market, it's because their material quality are expensive too.

Listen more for fresh Ideas to grow the business, have to know that each country have diffrent economy. laws, taxes and import procedures.

Positive experience for the most part. Able to learn new things.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

I worked at Comcast full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits. Freedom to complete tasks on your own. help when needed.

Cons

Stressful. Too many e-mils that mean nothing. Shift changes.

Quit changing the schedule so often. Find something that works and stick with it.

Comcast Outise sales Rep..Comcast is a great place to work

Current Employee - Dsr in Knoxville, TN (US)
    Current Employee - Dsr in Knoxville, TN (US)

I have been working at Comcast full-time (less than a year)

Pros

kind of like being your own boss, even though you do have managers and responsiblities.....its very laid back

Cons

being outside year round, hard to meet quotas

I think quota should vary throughout slow times, if quotas must stay the same then I think partial credit should be given on a "closed" sale(called in), whether or not a deposit is paid should not be the sales staff responsibility.

I would not have left had I has a fair shake. I came in and just after training they fired like 8 people (all supervisors) and we were left to just figure it out.....bad turf + high quota + no one to help out a newly hired rep.... = might as well quit before high quoa and new rep don't mix.

I am sad...I would have stayed at comcast forever

Great Company to Work for Overall

Former Employee - Human Resources Representative in Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Human Resources Representative in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I worked at Comcast full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Engaged employees, good benefits, always hiring. Great marketing, good products. Employee resource groups.

Cons

Customer Service from CAEs still needs to improve. Know of some leaders who are poor people managers. Constant complaints from customers about service.

Providing exceptional Customer Service needs to be #1 company-wide goal, year after year. Company profits will beat expectations when every CAE provides nothing less than the best Customer Service in the industry. Consider better consistent screening process for better CAEs.

Sales Consultant

I have been working at Comcast

Pros

excellent company to work and great benefits

Cons

no to much flexible schedules