Comcast

Updated Jul 30, 2014

3.1 1,948 reviews

Comcast Chairman and CEO Brian L. Roberts

Brian L. Roberts

Pros
  • Great co-workers and wonderful benefits (free cable and internet) (in 140 reviews)

• Benefits, Free cable/internet/phone (all the channels) - that's an immediate (in 318 reviews)

Cons
  • It is very apparent why Comcast is consistently in the bottom of customer service (in 130 reviews)

• The nature of the business makes it hard for work-life balance to be created (in 39 reviews)

More Highlights
1,948 Employee Reviews

Great company, on the way up.

Strategic Enterprise Account Executive (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsStrong products, opportunity for advancement, awesome benefits.

ConsNot quite yet viewed as a true enterprise level telecommunications provider.

Residential Sales Manager

Sales Manager (Former Employee) Sandy, UT (US)

ProsGreat benefits and comparable pay for like positions in the industry, Medical, Dental etc was very good coverage and my portion was very inexpensive.

ConsThere was constant changes in almost all areas of the job, Pricing, offers and even the products changed a lot, with all the changes it made it very difficult to try and be competitive with other offers from other channels selling the products.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind a better way to track and manage the offers from all channels.

Great place to work in the Midwest, awful in Georgia!

Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsIn the North it was extremely organized, employee development was priority, fare wages, support from upper management and as leaders we were empowered to truly ead to our employees independently.

ConsTransferred to the South and it was awful! No organization, ridiculous wages, little to no support from upper management, HR was almost non existent and inconsistent practices. The focus was always on numbers and very little on the employees and/or customers except the occasional employee appreciation days to pacify employees. I experienced this in two different departments, leaving one in hopes that it was an isolated departmental issue, unfortunately it was not! After fifteen years with the company, I decided to leave Comcast. Had I stayed up North, I'd still be there today but here in Georgia, Comcast is an awful place to work!

Advice to Senior ManagementCorporate should take a look the practices of Georgia and the southern division as a whole. I guarantee the high attrition rate is due to unfair wages, inconsistent leadership practices, little to no HR support and minimal training. The numbers by any means necessary idea will only work for so long before it comes back to bite the division as a whole.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

great company to work for

Nct5 (Former Employee) Galveston, TX (US)

Prosa++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++great benefits great pay good environment great progress plan

Consa++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++no comments no complaints actually great place to work

Great place to work

CAE - IP Support Specialist (Former Employee) Centennial, CO (US)

ProsGreat benefits, decent pay, great working environment

ConsShifts are horrible at first. FMLA/Short Term Leave insurance company isn't very good

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter advancement opportunities

Sales Executive

Direct Sales Representative (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsExcellent benefits, management and products. Promotion and incentives are very realistic with good work ethic. Highly recommend becoming a Comcaster

ConsLarge company so processes can become cumbersome and take time to streamline because there is so much red tape to go through.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work. Culture and incentives are top notch and management goes above and beyond to help reps become successful. End of the fiscal month is always hectic but that is understandable.

Human Resources

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat atmosphere. People were friendly. Wonderful benefits.

ConsSalary not equitable. Company brings in outside people and pays more to them than people in position that have to train that person.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to pay your employees fairly.

Business Services Field Sales Manager

Field Sales Manager (Former Employee)

ProsOne of the last true sales environments. There is little tolerance for the kind of games often played in most enterprise sales roles: performance is measured off of organic growth so sales expectations are placed on net-new business/new logo and there isn't kudos for anything less. You run your deals from start to finish: no riding coat-tails and no losing credit to a lucky rep behind you. Seasoned sales pros learn a thing or two here. Those who claim they come from a "challenging, fast-paced environment" often eat their words.

ConsAlthough the company is headquartered out of Philadelphia, there is divisional and regional (local) senior leadership. This in itself can also be a pro, except the local leadership isn't always able to make company expectations commensurate with the local market (competition and commoditization vary significantly across US between metro areas). This can make for 60hr+ work weeks to get ahead as well as lead to disruptive localized political games continuing for extended periods without visibility by more senior leadership officed outside of market. For those that want to be compensated on existing business, it doesn't happen here.

Enjoyed working here for 10 years. You have potential to grow and learn within this company if you choose to do so.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Livermore, CA (US)

ProsExcellent benefits. Free cable and internet. Health, dental, and vision benefits as well as 401k and employee shares. Great place to work.

ConsSales team did not get annual merit increases because they claimed the commission were paid well. I say if a person is deserving of a raise why not give them what is due?

good company to work for but there were issues

Customer Account Executive (Former Employee) Oakbrook Terrace, IL (US)

Proschallenging and fast past okay salary and benefits

Constoo many layers of management which sometimes send mixed signals

Advice to Senior Managementgive the employees back their senority back this is not a employee friendly company its all about the bottom line to Comcast,.

Worked for Comcast? Contribute to the Community!