Comcast Spotlight

Comcast Spotlight Reviews in San Francisco, CA US

Updated Jun 23, 2014

Comcast Spotlight President Charlie Thurston

Charlie Thurston

Pros
  • Free cable, majority of front line people are good and fun to work with (in 20 reviews)

• Low turnover because of great benefits such as 4 (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management in the Spokane system did not hold them selves to the same high standards as they did everybody else (in 6 reviews)

• Hard job with little to NO support (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights
5 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great starting place in sales

Associate Account Executive (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

ProsGet to sell a great product and work for a very large name

ConsPeople think you can help them with their cable and like to tell you how much they dislike the company

Advice to Senior ManagementFind a way to provide more leads rather than have sales search for their own

Awesome as an intern!

Intern (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

ProsEveryone is very helpful, energetic, and genuinely nice.

ConsDon't know whether there would be a chance to advance here--or if so, from observing it seems to be very slow.

Market Research Analyst

Market Research Analyst (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

ProsEnvironment, People. The job itself is very interesting and attractive.

ConsAs my position, the jobs are pretty monotone and not very exciting after some time.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey might consider giving more responsibility to the interns.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The Advertising Account Executive position is "sink or swim". Very good training program.

Advertising Account Executive (Former Employee) Walnut Creek, CA (US)

ProsGreat benefits. Amazing resume builder. Free Comcast services. Ability to create your own schedule.

ConsCommission structure changes a lot. Most new business is already taken up by employees who already have an established relationship with Advertising agencies.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is great! I had a great direct manager and good experiences all around

The HMO of Sales -- you're not a person, you're a number

Local Account Executive (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

ProsGreat benefits (event tickets, contests, discounts, free cable)
    Local office, Fortune 50 company
    Decent training for new reps
    Sales Assistants are great
    Good office comaraderie (not much lead stealing)

ConsUnfair to commissioned sales reps--the more you succeed, the more you are punished with lower commission and higher quota.
    Keeps the hard-working rep's commission when a client pays late. Yep, the company keeps the rep's commission for themselves!
    Complaints about lack of selling time go dismissed. Honestly, so much data entry to enable them to fire you whenever while maintaining account records eats up 70% of the work time.
    HR is not there for employees, it's there for management and it is filled with lack of support and lack of personalization.
    LOTS of micro-managing.

Advice to Senior ManagementHiring young, inexperienced sales reps will only take you so far. At this point, your reputation for undervaluing and underappreciating seasoned reps is preceeding you (as shown by many of the reviews here) and will continue to keep turnover rolling every 2 years and Spotlight's value low to the most talented reps. You will lose from doing this. It may take time, but you will lose market share, subscribers and top talent.

Worked for Comcast Spotlight? Contribute to the Community!