Compass Group Reviews

162 reviews filtered by
3.4
Compass Group CEO Richard Cousins
Richard Cousins

Pros
  • Large company with good benefits (in 5 reviews)

• Great people that are passionate (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Also, low pay because of being in food service industry (in 5 reviews)

• Not enough full-time jobs in NYC or Long Island (in 3 reviews)

1. Fun, stressful....but rewarding

Current Employee - Food Service Assistant in Durham, England
    Current Employee - Food Service Assistant in Durham, England

I have been working at Compass Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun, I like working with customers and cooking food for people. Its great, its something ive never done before and without Compass I wouldnt have been given this opportunity. The hours are convenient and I like most of the people I work with.

Cons

The hours im contracted to dont seem to be enough to get by on so im constantly doing overtime to make ends meet, I dont mind this its just not enough really.

2. CSA

I worked at Compass Group

Pros

Starbucks training and customers feedback

Cons

Porly managed staff and manament

Advice to Management

Stick to there code of conduct, and not just when it suits them.

3. Cafe assistant

Current Employee - Cafe Assistant in London, England
    Current Employee - Cafe Assistant in London, England

I have been working at Compass Group full-time

Pros

learn alot of customes service and up sale.
    good system.

Cons

During all people on holiday. we facing short stuff. day goin fast. we sort up all problem. make manager felt we are together to work as a tearm. never counting job work together like a family.

Advice to Management

Ahead for better target and better sale .bring more money to company.

5. It has been good at times but i have enjoyed the experience

Current Employee - Customer Service Assistant in Streatham, England
    Current Employee - Customer Service Assistant in Streatham, England

I have been working at Compass Group part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been able to exercise my skills and ability, to learn more about the job plus how to deal with different types of customers.

Cons

In catering business you are not granted enough hours and the salary is still little compared to the work you do.

Advice to Management

The management should look into staff salaries or wages and the should try to stop giving new starters 00 contracted hours.

6. Flexible

I worked at Compass Group

Pros

Heavily customer focused and great people

Cons

Lack of Opportunities to further career

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

7. Good as a temporary job, excellent for students.

Current Employee - Match Day Staff in Sheffield, England
    Current Employee - Match Day Staff in Sheffield, England

I have been working at Compass Group

Pros

Flexible shifts, once you get a permanent placement you get to know the people you're working with really well, work available at all the compass owned venues so if you move cities for uni etc. you can get transferred, really easy interview (it's pretty much a formality,when I had my interview something like 50 out of 60 people were hired)
    Good for students because, at the football stadiums at least, it's one evening per week plus saturdays and the occasional sunday, so it's easy to fit around uni work.

Cons

minimum wage and there's not that many hours per week, team leaders and managers vary massively in competence and approachability - some are really helpful and great at training new members, but there's been times when other staff members have had to try and teach me everything in a new area whilst trying to do their own jobs because the team leader didn't want to know. There's also a high staff turnover (because of the hours and the pay, people do look at is as a temporary thing and try to get something better as soon as they can) , and there's not much opportunity for promotion.

Also if you work at one of the football stadiums they cater for like I did there's only only regular work within season, so look at it as a temporary position and try and find something else for over the summer.

Advice to Management

-Pay above the minimum wage and the staff turnover might not be as high.
    -make sure all new members of staff get proper training when working in a new area.
    -Make it easier for staff to apply for more senior positions.

8. absolutely fantastic, i'm made some great friend and when you have a laugh in work it makes your day go quicker.x

Current Employee - Customer Service Assistant in Hatfield, East of England, England

I have been working at Compass Group part-time (More than a year)

Pros

working as team helping to get great food cook by 2 fantastic chef and chatting about football, sing song that remember us about growing up and were we were when it first came out.

Cons

making sure training is done on time, and when to take time off.

Advice to Management

i would like more chance of advancement with in the company and being told of job vacancies within the local area.

9. I love my team and always have fun at work!

Current Employee - Catering Team Leader in Reading, England
    Current Employee - Catering Team Leader in Reading, England

I have been working at Compass Group part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been given opportunities in leadership which challenge me every shift and help develop key skills. The team is always supportive and friendly. I feel like the company values are not just pushed to the customers but to all the staff so everyone is appreciated. No two shifts are the same! I have worked in different areas and venues which is really exciting and allows me to meet lots of new people. It is flexible around my student life but I actually enjoy going to work.

Cons

I received on the job training which was adequate for my role, but my usual venue has since introduced shadowing staff and other methods of training. Not working with the same people means that as a team leader I have to train some agency staff who often haven't worked at our venue before. I would like more consistency in my role as sometimes I am required as a team leader and sometimes not- the way management allocates roles does not seem transparent and there are people who are clearly not suited to their roles. This can lead to negativity among returning staff and causes political conflict in management.

10. world class company

I have been working at Compass Group

Pros

compnesation and human values, quality of the service, im luckey to be a one of the member of ESS compass

Cons

good working balance and befits, the good and very sportive all of the staff, top management is soperve

Advice to Management

nothing to say

11. Very Enjoyable, challenging and rewarding environment

Current Contractor - Chef Manager in London, England
    Current Contractor - Chef Manager in London, England

I have been working at Compass Group as a contractor (More than 8 years)

Pros

I am always learning new techniques meeting new people and developing everyday / event...

Cons

not always having the same team and or level of working partner on every event..

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing - make sure we have the same information as you before each and every event

Compass Group Photos

EY Top Chefs
Made by apprentices reception: Restaurant Associates (Photo thanks to Flickr user National Apprenticeship Service, Some Rights Reserved)
The Deputy Prime Minister meets apprentices Restaurant Associates [part of Compass Group] (Photo thanks to Flickr user National Apprenticeship Service, Some Rights Reserved)

+ Add Photo