Compass Group

Updated 7 August 2014

2.9

Compass Group CEO Richard Cousins
Richard Cousins

Pros
  • Large company with good benefits (in 5 reviews)

• Best work environment and professionally qualified staff in my team makes me very comfortable to work with (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Also, low pay because of being in food service industry (in 5 reviews)

• Not enough full-time jobs in NYC or Long Island (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Extreamly Unprofessional

Current Employee - CSA  in  Cheam, England
    Current Employee - CSA in Cheam, England

Pros

The location is great... Thats thr only plus point....

Cons

The company is very unprofessional!! The managers dont respect the staff. The team leader dosnn't know how to use a till and some staff too! We have got a new manager and she tris to boss everyone and doesn't listen to any suggestions. In a recent occasion she lied to one of the staff! Working conditions are bad. and nobody speaks about a raise for a long time employees. They are all on the same wage for many years!

Plase see whats happening in the stores and listen to the problems of saff and not just the managment. Improve the working conditions and keep those managers who can respect staff.

current employee?

Current Employee - CSA  in  Sunderland, North East England, England
    Current Employee - CSA in Sunderland, North East England, England

Pros

its a job and that's that i cant really think of a good point about working for this company

Cons

very unorganized when it comes to wages currently been in employment 3 months and still no sign of a wage
    also agree with other reviews stating its not what you know in this company

sort out wages people have homes and family's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    sort out management staff as they dont help to sort a problem just tend to be fobbed off over and over

Unprofessional management.compass group not deliveing contract agreements.

Current Employee - Team Leader Catering  in  Ipswich, England
    Current Employee - Team Leader Catering in Ipswich, England

Pros

Ideal if your willing to be walked all over and prepared to turn the odd blind eye, and except favoutisum in the work place.

Cons

Its more about profit than producing quality. Cutting hours not using labour that has been paid thu contracts.They never listen to staff needs and they have little regards for customers and complaints.
    Its about gross proffit thats all.

Train your area/chef managers. Use the labour hours you are paid for rather than squirelling the profit away. Judge and promote thu abilliy rather than favouritism.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

great team, great atmosphere

Former Employee - Barista  in  Liverpool, England
    Former Employee - Barista in Liverpool, England

Pros

You get to work with great people, the money is good, management is great and the atmosphere is great. As a part time opportunity it's great whilst at university!

Cons

not enough opportunity to work near to home (Coventry) no feedback for vacancy that I applied for.

Please follow up jobs applied for as I was waiting weeks, was supposed to have an interview but, was cancelled by the manager at the Ricoh Coventry.

Double standard management by incompetant managers at the top!!!

Former Employee - General Manager  in  London, England
    Former Employee - General Manager in London, England

Pros

Showed me what I am really capable of -learnt alot about HR.

Cons

Bullying, sly, no training or tools given to help you do your job, Senior managers shirk responsibility- no guidelines are given - when it goes wrong then Compass look for a scapegoat-which this time was me. And because I questioned things was gotten rid of.

Get some good people in your company- fresh blood not bosses that have seen nothing else except Compass. Also see what your competition who are stealing your contracts.

I find th inaccuracy of my wages frustating

Current Employee - Sales Assistant  in  Reading, England
    Current Employee - Sales Assistant in Reading, England

Pros

Local to where i live

Cons

Inaccurate wages booked every month

Management doesn't care about staff

Former Employee - CSA  in  London, England
    Former Employee - CSA in London, England

Pros

I don't have a reasons to work for this company

Cons

Working long hours, always lack of staff, no decent salaries, no loyalty events for staff, no moral or career motivations

Please, think more about staff, they want a better life and better work conditions

Customer service

Current Employee - Customer Service  in  Wigan, England
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Wigan, England

Pros

Flexibile shifts. Customers can be nice.

Cons

Non stop work. Senior managers have no respect for employees treat them like fodder. not much career progression. No discount for food instore and no breaks because of staff shortage all the time.

have better trained management.

Worst company I have ever worked for,

Former Employee - Event Coordinator  in  London, England
    Former Employee - Event Coordinator in London, England

Pros

I can not think of a single pro.

Cons

Employee welfare was never taken into consideration, it was a nightmare to ever get through to HR, expected to work unreasonable hours and treated like a general dogs body. Manager was utterly useless and cared more about impressing the client than the fact you had so much work to do you didn't even have time to go to the loo or get a drink. When I raised my concerns they fell on deaf ears. I would NEVER work for this company or recommend them to anyone. My direct line manager was "fired" whilst on holiday, she came back to a phone call asking her not to return to the client site and they had blocked her pass so she could not get in. She had no idea this was happening, it was very underhanded and shocking.

When someone says they can't cope with the work load, don't wait until they are signed off with acute stress and heading for a nervous breakdown before you assess the situation and hire more staff. I was treated as a guinea pig on how to run a new department and management didn't seem to care about me.

Enjoyable job but poor salary.

Former Employee - General Manager  in  Edinburgh, Scotland
    Former Employee - General Manager in Edinburgh, Scotland

Pros

A varied and exciting day to day job offering lots of challanges. lost of freedom to run your sector of the business as you see fit.

Cons

Poor salary for hours and work put in. no additional compensation for over achivment. achiving goals may get a bonus but over achiving has not additoinal rewards.

improve the structured training plans. academy, accelarate and Evolve programs need to be re-thought.

Worked for Compass Group? Contribute to the Community!