Compass Group

www.compass-group.com

Compass Group Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014
Compass Group – UK – “EY Top Chefs”

Compass Group – UK – “EY Top Chefs”

Compass Group CEO Richard Cousins

Richard Cousins

Pros
  • Large company with good benefits (in 5 reviews)

• Best work environment and professionally qualified staff in my team makes me very comfortable to work with (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Also, low pay because of being in food service industry (in 5 reviews)

• Not enough full-time jobs in NYC or Long Island (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

current employee?

CSA (Current Employee) Sunderland, North East England, England

Prosits a job and that's that i cant really think of a good point about working for this company

Consvery unorganized when it comes to wages currently been in employment 3 months and still no sign of a wage
    also agree with other reviews stating its not what you know in this company

Advice to Senior Managementsort out wages people have homes and family's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    sort out management staff as they dont help to sort a problem just tend to be fobbed off over and over

Unprofessional management.compass group not deliveing contract agreements.

Team Leader Catering (Current Employee) Ipswich, England

ProsIdeal if your willing to be walked all over and prepared to turn the odd blind eye, and except favoutisum in the work place.

ConsIts more about profit than producing quality. Cutting hours not using labour that has been paid thu contracts.They never listen to staff needs and they have little regards for customers and complaints.
    Its about gross proffit thats all.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain your area/chef managers. Use the labour hours you are paid for rather than squirelling the profit away. Judge and promote thu abilliy rather than favouritism.

great team, great atmosphere

Barista (Former Employee) Liverpool, England

ProsYou get to work with great people, the money is good, management is great and the atmosphere is great. As a part time opportunity it's great whilst at university!

Consnot enough opportunity to work near to home (Coventry) no feedback for vacancy that I applied for.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease follow up jobs applied for as I was waiting weeks, was supposed to have an interview but, was cancelled by the manager at the Ricoh Coventry.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Double standard management by incompetant managers at the top!!!

General Manager (Former Employee) London, England

ProsShowed me what I am really capable of -learnt alot about HR.

ConsBullying, sly, no training or tools given to help you do your job, Senior managers shirk responsibility- no guidelines are given - when it goes wrong then Compass look for a scapegoat-which this time was me. And because I questioned things was gotten rid of.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet some good people in your company- fresh blood not bosses that have seen nothing else except Compass. Also see what your competition who are stealing your contracts.

I find th inaccuracy of my wages frustating

Sales Assistant (Current Employee) Reading, England

ProsLocal to where i live

ConsInaccurate wages booked every month

Management doesn't care about staff

CSA (Former Employee) London, England

ProsI don't have a reasons to work for this company

ConsWorking long hours, always lack of staff, no decent salaries, no loyalty events for staff, no moral or career motivations

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease, think more about staff, they want a better life and better work conditions

Customer service

Customer Service (Current Employee) Wigan, England

ProsFlexibile shifts. Customers can be nice.

ConsNon stop work. Senior managers have no respect for employees treat them like fodder. not much career progression. No discount for food instore and no breaks because of staff shortage all the time.

Advice to Senior Managementhave better trained management.

Worst company I have ever worked for,

Event Coordinator (Former Employee) London, England

ProsI can not think of a single pro.

ConsEmployee welfare was never taken into consideration, it was a nightmare to ever get through to HR, expected to work unreasonable hours and treated like a general dogs body. Manager was utterly useless and cared more about impressing the client than the fact you had so much work to do you didn't even have time to go to the loo or get a drink. When I raised my concerns they fell on deaf ears. I would NEVER work for this company or recommend them to anyone. My direct line manager was "fired" whilst on holiday, she came back to a phone call asking her not to return to the client site and they had blocked her pass so she could not get in. She had no idea this was happening, it was very underhanded and shocking.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen someone says they can't cope with the work load, don't wait until they are signed off with acute stress and heading for a nervous breakdown before you assess the situation and hire more staff. I was treated as a guinea pig on how to run a new department and management didn't seem to care about me.

Enjoyable job but poor salary.

General Manager (Former Employee) Edinburgh, Scotland

ProsA varied and exciting day to day job offering lots of challanges. lost of freedom to run your sector of the business as you see fit.

ConsPoor salary for hours and work put in. no additional compensation for over achivment. achiving goals may get a bonus but over achiving has not additoinal rewards.

Advice to Senior Managementimprove the structured training plans. academy, accelarate and Evolve programs need to be re-thought.

Poor training, bitter culture, sly management and awful pay

CSA (Current Employee) Aylesbury, England

ProsLocation ( Although the company can't be responsible for that, the client owns the premises not the contractor)

ConsPoor work-life balance, workplace is full of gossipers and grasses, staff are expected to work over-time for lieu (like a day off will pay the bills). Management treat staff as a cost and not a human being. A lot of the employees are very thick, lacking in common sense, logic and reason. Double standards, If you get on well with the manager you pretty much get what you want, 2 people can do the same offense on separate occasions but only one will get disciplined. Managers threaten retribution but fail and even refuse to provide or show the company documentation to warrant this. Management find it amusing to talk to staff rudely and even try to justify this because they are management!

Advice to Senior ManagementStand back and let HR clear up the mess YOUR management team have created!

Worked for Compass Group? Contribute to the Community!