ConAgra Foods

ConAgra Foods Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014

ConAgra Foods President, CEO, and Director Gary M. Rodkin

Gary M. Rodkin

Pros
  • Work-life balance and summer hours are the most positive point (in 28 reviews)

• Lots of different experiences with different teams, good pay, good chance of getting a job (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • The work life balance largely depends upon your manager (in 8 reviews)

• Upper Management need to create co-authorship with employee (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

Great place to work with a bright future.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMy salary was always competitive and there were plenty of opportunities learn and grow within the area.

ConsI experienced good managers and not-so-good managers, the latter of which were clueless and damaging to team morale and productivity. Health insurance is comparatively expensive, and coverage minimal. Annual wellness hoops were a pain. Advancement opportunities were few and far between.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake better choices when choosing your management team. Don't cut off your nose to spite your face.

Awesome first job!

Retail Sales Representative (Current Employee)

ProsGreat work-life balance, awesome management. Incredible benefits.

ConsThe overall company culture could be better.

Good internship project.

ProsFun work environment. Had summer hours.

ConsVery compartmentalized. Hard to shift business units.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A good company to work for

ProsOffers good benefits and relocation packages.

ConsLong hours and a lot of weekends if working in a plant.

Accounts Recievable

ProsLarge company, lots of opportunity

ConsEasy to get lost in the company

processor review

Processor (Current Employee)

Prosgreat place to work, good income, great boss and coworkers. increase pay fast during first year, duties are not hard or complicated

Consoften have lay off periods in which you may or may not be called back to work, sometimes work late or 6 days a week if production is up or you could only work a few days a week when production is down.

Advice to Senior Managementopen up plant duties to secure more contracts for the company,

Not What I Expected

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Saint Louis, MO (US)

ProsThe people in St. Louis are very knowledgeable about the Private Brands environment. I enjoyed working with almost everyone and learned a lot from the VP over the product line that I supported and his team.

ConsThe culture of the company (Ralcorp Holdings) prior to ConAgra's purchase was a built around silos. I expected changes after the ConAgra purchase but the silos still existed. Health insurance benefits favor the young and healthy worker. High premiums and deductibles. Sr. Management does not capitalize on the knowledge base that was in St. Louis when the company was purchased.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the people who understand Private Brands and heed their advice. Stop trying to manage Private Brands the way you do national brands -- they are not the same!

Great people, poor leadership

Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) Toledo, OH (US)

ProsPay was very good and comparable for similar postions in the area. Also the people have been great to work with.

ConsLack of leadership and honesty has led to a significant talent loss. I have been through two downturns at this current facility and decpite being the low cost producer, we've seen our volume be moved elsewhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe honest with your employees.

Difficult environment w/ Low Morale

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO (US)

ProsFree food products, good pay, excellent 401k match, generous vacation/flex/occasional days, summer hours on Fridays Memorial Day - Labor Day

ConsLong hours, low employee morale, disjointed long term direction, endless meetings, mediocre medical for company of its size, continual reorganizations

ConAgra could be a great company to work for.

Director (Former Employee)

ProsThe best things I liked about CAG was the overall culture, the commitment to diversity, and work life balance. The benefits were good.

ConsCompany cuts cost as a way to grow net revenue instead of trying to grow the topline. Marketing spending is cut all the time. Morale is low due to the continuous penny pinching initiatives such as taking away company provided cell phones.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on growing topline sales instead cutting costs every year.

Worked for ConAgra Foods? Contribute to the Community!