ConAgra Foods

ConAgra Foods Reviews

Updated Apr 22, 2014

ConAgra Foods President, CEO, and Director Gary M. Rodkin

Gary M. Rodkin

Pros:
  • "Pretty good work life balance, generous vacation time and summer hours"
    in 22 reviews
  • "Good pay, good benefits, company values and trusts their employees"
    in 13 reviews
Cons:
  • "The work life balance largely depends upon your manager"
    in 7 reviews
  • "Upper Management need to create co-authorship with employee"
    in 8 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Fantastic Internship!

Continuous Improvement Intern (Former Employee)
Archbold, OH (US)

I worked at ConAgra Foods as an intern for less than a year

ProsGreat relocation package. Managment is very supportive and cares deeply about your development. Huge efforts made to keep interns engaged and active. They will offer job offers to almost all interns in the program.

ConsObviously if you are in manufacturing, plan to work in very rural communities. I didnt see this as a bad thing, but some might be driven crazy living in a farming town. Your experince will also very greatly based on which location you are at.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep investing in the internship program as you have been doing. Conagra was voted as having a top 100 internship program for a reason and I think it really shows to those who experinced it.

The best company I've had the pleasure working for!

Supply Chain Intern (Former Employee)

I worked at ConAgra Foods as an intern for less than a year

ProsEveryone wants to see you succeed in you career and is willing to help you achieve your goals.

ConsAs an intern their isn't very many cons about working here. Great pay, Great relocation package plus two paid trips to Omaha, NE. I have nothing to complain about.

Sr. System Administrator

Senior Systems and Network Administrator (Current Employee)

I have been working at ConAgra Foods full-time for more than 8 years

ProsPay is better than other local companies.

ConsToo much work for the staffing size. IT is very concerned about saving money but the business does not.

Lack of future professional opportunities for qualified experienced educated employees

I have been working at ConAgra Foods full-time for more than 3 years

Prosgood benefits , overtime opportunity, good direct management, good casual but professional office atmosphere. good coworkers who care about their jobs.

Consno room for advancement, no promotion opportunies within company, poor HR , poor high level management. unqualified managers who have been grandfathered into positions who hire other unqualified employees.

Advice to Senior Managementexperienced and educated employees should be better compensated if you want them to stick around. otherwise continue to hire unqualified individuals.

Great people, horrible management

Junior Accountant (Current Employee)
Oakville, ON (Canada)

I have been working at ConAgra Foods full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe overall environment at the company is great. Has a small company feel. Young and energetic people to work around and get to know.

ConsVery slow process approval time, tight deadlines, which are hard to meet when upper-management delays meetings/approvals due to golf vacations.

No promotion/skill development. I held the job of junior staff accountant for
4 years, with a tiny bump in my salary annually and the same work. Saw co-workers get frustrated after years of no salary improvements or promotions and leave.

Layoffs can happen at anytime, and production faults will be blamed on other departments to justify cuts. Be warned, if you are offered a position on a contract to perm basis, they WILL not give you a permanent job.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart appreciating employee work, and give them a percentage of the perks you enjoy. Fed up!

Scary future

I have been working at ConAgra Foods

ProsGreat people in all functions

ConsCAG has made a lot of bad bets
Does not appreciate employees whatsoever

Some good, more bad

Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee)
Hastings, MN (US)

I have been working at ConAgra Foods full-time for more than 8 years

ProsYou get to work a lot of overtime, which is a good thing since they don't pay all that great. You get free pizza every now and then.

ConsVery poorly managed. No prioritization. They will fight with the Union over pennies, but waste thousands because of a refusal to admit they made a bad choice. They devalue and marginalize the workforce on the floor, by not seeking input on issues. Very poor on the job training.

Advice to Senior ManagementTruly start listening to your people, and act on what they say. Be honest, and knock it off with all the corporate jargon (push the needle, change the game, etc. etc.)

Great experience with lots of development opportunities!

I have been working at ConAgra Foods full-time for more than 5 years

ProsWork Life Balance, Development Opportunities, Networking & Volunteer Opportunities, Visible Leadership who wants to hear your opinion and thoughts, promotes creativity

ConsDue to the increased emphasis on growth, the company has done a lot of aquisitions over the past few years, although good, forces a lot of change in everyone's roles.

Fast-paced, offers many challenges

Finance Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at ConAgra Foods full-time for more than 5 years

ProsYou will be given ample responsibility and treated like a professional if you work and act like one. Many learning opportunities are the result of the company's many projects and constant changes. If you enjoy a fast pace and are not afraid of challenges, it could be a good opportunity for you.

ConsWell, it is based in Omaha... Hard to focus on core responsibilities as you are always working on special projects.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company tries to bite off too much at once. Improvement projects, acquisitions, etc. Sometimes I think that it should just focus on running the business. Acquisition of Ralcorp is proving to be a very rough ride.

Great Company

Hourly Employee (Current Employee)
Grand Rapids, MI (US)

I have been working at ConAgra Foods full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat co-workers, great people througout the many plant locations.

ConsPlant wasn't given a fair chance.

Advice to Senior ManagementTell you employees the truth as you know it.

Worked for ConAgra Foods? Contribute to the Community!

ConAgra Foods Videos

ConAgra Foods – Why Work for Us?

At ConAgra Foods, we believe in the power of great food. Food you turn to every day, food you count on as part of your life. We make food that does more than satisfy your hunger — it actually gives you less to worry… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ConAgra Foods reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for ConAgra Foods CEO Gary M. Rodkin. All 195 reviews are posted anonymously by ConAgra Foods employees.