Convergys

2.9 1,068 reviews

Convergys President & CEO Andrea Ayers

Andrea Ayers

1,068 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Work from home so no hassle of dealing with traffic jams and getting suit ready for work"
    in 71 reviews
  • "Clean work environment, pretty sweet break room"
    in 46 reviews
Cons:
  • "6 dollars an hour lower than the prevailing call center wage in this area"
    in 58 reviews
  • "excellent at relocating customer service jobs overseas for cost effectiveness"
    in 32 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Good experience, could be even better

Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Convergys full-time for less than a year

ProsNice place and surroundings
Good atmosphere and events
Good local benefits

ConsBad organisation according to enterprise capacities

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more adventurous and concerned

Pay/Benefits are good, but the polices are still very 'call center' based

Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee)
Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I have been working at Convergys full-time for less than a year

ProsRelaxed working environment, free coffee machine, no scheduled breaks, 1-2-1's done on time and feedback given, managers easy to approach. Will pay you for 30 minutes extra every day if you log in 15 minutes early and stay 15 minutes late

ConsAlthough classed as a contact center, the systems are aimed at monitoring like a call center. Breaks are timed to the second, and being over by a second takes a minutes pay off you. If you are a second late logging in, in the morning you get a point, after 6 you're on a warning. Unless you want to move into people management there is no opportunity for advancement

Great experience, limited promotion prospects

Inside Sales Account Manager (Former Employee)
New Bedfont, England

I worked at Convergys full-time for more than 5 years

ProsDedicated to delivering a great customer experience.
Talented and committed staff and line managers.
Company is strongly committed to meeting regulatory compliance.

ConsBeing an out-sourced service, they suffer the down-sides of any economic challenge first.
Senior management felt very distanced from our roles and didn't seem completely engaged.
Even when a member of senior management visited Cisco UK, they didn't take the time to hear our views or check "our" customer satisfaction.... Mass meetings with 125 colleagues present don't count.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is more to "management" than excel spreadsheets. If you build "teams" to address specific niche's or verticals, meet with those teams to address shared issues and concerns.

Heartless, Biased and a complete joke of a company.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at Convergys full-time for less than a year

ProsThey have no pros they are a joke of a company.

ConsThey discriminate against you and victimise against you if you go against them and support your fellow colleagues or if your face does not fit in.
They also fabricate and concoct doctored documents to try and discredit you in every way, they are cretins.
The management lie and try to cover their own backs when they really can't manage a simple task. they are glory managers who do not know their bum from their elbow.
The HR department are completely lacking in any form of human decency or morals and treat you like garbage.
And will do every thing in there power to completely belittle you in every way.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet some human decency and get a soul and stop being such a complete and utter two faced company who pretend to have their employees best interests at heart when they never do.
And also stop going the way you are going or no one will ever want to be there, as none of the employees are happy there and they think the management is a JOKE!!!!!!

Enlightening but dissapointing

Virtual Partner Account Manager (Current Employee)
Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I have been working at Convergys full-time for more than a year

ProsYou get a chance to meet some great people both at Convergys and from the clients. Good place to build international business connections and learn some specialized skills. (depending on the program you work for)

ConsThey do not value their employees. It is a very one way street, unrealistic demands and next to nothing in return for showing progress and success. One of their core values and motto's state their employees are their greatest resource, but they have a very poor attitude and a mentality to replace rather than build employee loyalty. Appalling sick leave policy that forces people to come into the office while genuinely ill, often spreading the illness around on the team and the floor instead of allowing work from home or sick leave without warning with doctors note.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay true to your employees. Make the rewards measure to your demands and expectations to build the loyalty of your existing employees. Review the sick leave policy to not punish people for being genuinely ill. Allow work from home for contagious employees is one example.

nice atmosphere

Technical Support (Former Employee)

I worked at Convergys

Prosnice people, good atmosphere, friendly supervisors.

Conspoor management. partiality to agents who are on good terms with the manager

Advice to Senior Managementget new managers

Convergys

Senior Manager (Current Employee)
London, England

ProsCulturally diverse
High Work Ethic
Team Working
Variety
Entrepreneurial

ConsLack of good senior leadership
Lack of growth & opportunity
No Work/Life Balance
Poor internal communications
Maverick organisation in terms of capability skillset

Advice to Senior ManagementNo feedback

Not a good place to be....

Convergys @ Cisco (Current Employee)
Feltham, England

I have been working at Convergys

ProsManagement have no understanding of what you do, therefore can't micro manage you

ConsManagement have no understanding of what you do, therefore can't offer any support
No career path or ability to progress with Convergys, or to move over to Cisco
No communication from managment
A real disconnect & feeling of second class citizen between the Convergys contractors, and the 'real' Cisco employees

Advice to Senior Management.

Historically a good&fair place to work. Currently suffering from lack of focus on market requirements

Pre-Sales Support Director (Current Employee)
London, England

I have been working at Convergys

ProsDepending on the role, a wide variety of projects, international business exposure. Pockets of very bright colleagues who are a pleasure to work with.

ConsPoor strategic vision and complacency versus its' competitors means it is signifantly behind the curve in its markets. Requires workaholic work ethic.

Advice to Senior ManagementCurrent climate is overly political, scattered strategic thinking, arrogance about it's position in the market. Need to be more nimble, more focused on keeping up with market requirements than internal politics

Tricky times...

Business Consultant (Current Employee)
Cambridge, East of England, England

I have been working at Convergys

ProsThere are a few hidden 'gems' of employees - if you find them, you'll have a good time and enjoy working with them.
For the most part, are very good at supporting the home/life balance.

ConsPolitics. No communication. No consistent strategy & vision. Way behind the times thinking. Inconsistent promotion/salary increases. Amazing how much some people can be paid to do so little.

Advice to Senior ManagementOpen your eyes to the people working for you: get rid of dead wood and recognise those who work very hard but behind the scenes to support those who consistently fail.

Worked for Convergys? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Convergys reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Convergys CEO Andrea Ayers. All 1,068 reviews are posted anonymously by Convergys employees.