Convergys

2.8
1,553 Reviews

Convergys President & CEO Andrea Ayers
Andrea Ayers

Pros
  • Work from home so no hassle of dealing with traffic jams and getting suit ready for work (in 89 reviews)

• Fairly consistent work environment, good exposure to a unique industry (in 59 reviews)

Cons
  • 6 dollars an hour lower than the prevailing call center wage in this area (in 75 reviews)

• Poor work life Balance, they expect work to be your life with not much time for anything else (in 26 reviews)

More Highlights

Was mis-sold a job, told I was going to be a sales rep then gave me customer care

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Belfast, Northern Ireland
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Belfast, Northern Ireland

I have been working at Convergys full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Easy to become a team manager

Cons

Pay is poor and barely increases with promotion. Bonuses and commission are virtually impossible to earn

Put me back in sales, make bonuses more achievable

Broad spectrum of skills required

I have been working at Convergys

Pros

Flexible working arrangements, work from home or office.

Cons

Red tape means things do not get completed very quickly.

Less red tape

Direct sales advisor

Current Employee - Direct Sales Advisor in Belfast, Northern Ireland
    Current Employee - Direct Sales Advisor in Belfast, Northern Ireland

I have been working at Convergys

Pros

Here you can develop your skills in sales.

Cons

Landscape regularly changeso resulting in you losing your hard earned bonus. Advisors often unappreciated for the work they put in. Company treats advisors like cattle.

Improve the recruitment standards. Treat mangers better and stop moving people about so much. If you treat your staff better the churn would b less yelding better results all around and stop stealing bonus payments and putting dress down into pet cash

Going throu training very thorough and it's made simple by good trainers who make it an enjoyable experience

Current Employee - Customer Service/Sales in Manchester City Centre, England
    Current Employee - Customer Service/Sales in Manchester City Centre, England

I have been working at Convergys full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere,everyone friendly including (believe it or not) the MD.fab possibilities for progression.mew and very clean facilities

Cons

Canteen prices over the top Come to think of it vending machines r too....

Better headphones....can't always hear what's being said by customers....

Technical Support Engineer for NETAPP - EMEA - DACH - region

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Newcastle upon Tyne, England
    Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I have been working at Convergys full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Easy to get job, you need to speak and write the language
    the payment is good.

Cons

education and training, evironment, useless management, call centre metrics in a support environment

Highly innovative and sophisticated Global company for all your customer experience solutions

Former Employee - Vice President Human Resources in London, England
    Former Employee - Vice President Human Resources in London, England

I worked at Convergys full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Truly Global company with a fantastic level of talent and ample growth opportunity, they tap into a market that is worth 300 Billion US$ per year and CVG market share is approximately 1% but one of the biggest consolidated players

Cons

There was a level of individuals driving their "own" agenda and talent assessment did not necessarily lead to promotion. Sometimes it was more important who you knew, than what your had demonstrated

Be more transparent in building your leadership teams and increase the level of objectivity to your decision process

Glad to get a job there, glad to be laid off a few years later

Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Cambridge, East of England, England
    Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Cambridge, East of England, England

I worked at Convergys full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company was rarely at risk of not making payroll this month. The company's historical technical assets provided some kind of useful context for making money, even if quality slowly sagged and sank.

Cons

Convergys was not really interested in being a successful business. A large, bureaucratic monolith, utterly unsuited to the inter-continental nature of collaborating development teams in Asia, Europe and the Americas. The amazing in-fighting apparent at Cincinnati head office eventually spilled over in to massive redundancies for the plebs.

Why not sell the Information Management business to a group of Ukrainian gangsters? Oh, wait...

No wonder they are always hiring!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I have been working at Convergys full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Well, if you count the free coffee machines...

Cons

As someone's review said:
    "They discriminate against you and victimise against you if you go against them and support your fellow colleagues or if your face does not fit in.
    They also fabricate and concoct doctored documents to try and discredit you in every way, they are cretins."

I wholeheartedly agree. my face didn't fit. So they treated me like a leper, trying to find any excuse not to talk to me. I'd be sitting with them in close proximity and they wouldn't even engage the new person on the team-me. I managed to strike up a friendship with another girl who was also being treated the same-she was new too.

It wasn't just on my campaign- A new girl whom I struck a friendship with said the very same things I felt. Basically, unless you act a certain way, you are an outcast.

Even if I was a second late from my break, I was penalised.

I felt dread going into the Newcastle offices every sing;e day I worked there. Can you imagine a shift from 2-10pm the most words you have directed at you are around 5-6? Even though you try to make conversation?
    It was like being back at school.

And you want to know what the worst is...? They lost a very hardworking and dedicated person who would have given their all to the company... Without even getting to know her.

Team leaders are too busy being best mates with their favourite customer service assistants and promoting them to even treat you fairly. Team leaders are out of touch- the majority of them. My team leader was too busy looking for mistakes with people to notice the good that they did do.
    All the cake sales and team bbq' are not going to make up for the fact that the teams don't feel like teams.

Dynamic company

Former Employee - Sales Engineer in Manchester, England
    Former Employee - Sales Engineer in Manchester, England

I worked at Convergys full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Convergys is a dynamic company focused on call centre outsourcing. The scale means that the company has the muscle to do big things.

Cons

Convergys purchased a smaller technology company that it was struggling to integrate effectively.

Technology sales are very different to selling call centre agents time. Sales cycles are a lot longer, so this should be taken into account when setting and tracking targets.

Not great / The HR don't seem to care much about their employees

Current Employee - Direct Sales Advisor in Altrincham, England
    Current Employee - Direct Sales Advisor in Altrincham, England

I have been working at Convergys full-time (less than a year)

Pros

-Commission
    -Staff Canteen
    -Big call centre (More than 500 staff)
    -2 weeks thorough training
    -You will be working for blue chip clients like Vodafone and O2

Cons

- They make you sign a contract where you agree to pay £400 back in training fees if you decide to leave the job or are fired (if you have worked there 3 months or less), and they take £200 off your salary for training fees if you quite or are fired and have been working there less than 6 months, but more than 3 months.

-They try and strip your commission for absolutely everything even silly things like being absent once a month for 3 consecutive months (even if you are genuinely ill).

-They check every single reference and talk to every singlet employer you've put down on your CV.

-So much protocol to follow, even ridiculous things like you have to take your headset home with you everyday and if you leave it in the call centre, they'll charge you £40 quid.

- Be a bit more understanding with people, and don't try and take their commission for stupid little things. It seems like you guys actually don't want to pay out any commission and look for any excuse to keep most of it.