Cooper Tire & Rubber

Be The First To
Add Photos

Cooper Tire & Rubber Chairman, President, and CEO Roy V. Armes

Roy V. Armes

When Cooper Tire took over from Avon Tire I had a bad time working for Cooper Tire& rubber.

Production Worker (Former Employee) Melksham, England

ProsNo good reason to work for Cooper Tires had a bad time when I was working at CooperTires.

ConsNot trating peple with years of exsperice very well and not licening to employes hue have years of exsperice.

Advice to Senior ManagementHad no advice from upper management.

Not a Bad Job

ProsFlexible work hours
    Good balance between work and family

ConsOverall attitude of the workforce due to the lockout and potential buyout from Apollo

Great place for an engineer

Mold Design Engineer (Former Employee) Findlay, OH (US)

ProsGreat work environment, especially good management and fellow workers. Even when you're new you are encouraged to contribute and your ideas are taken seriously. Good compensation.

ConsCubical work space, but that's engineering. I only left because I had relocated to Findlay to start the job and my wife and kids got homesick.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo complaints here, though I was not there long enough to know much about upper management.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Make the best of what you got

Accounting & Finance Intern (Current Employee) Findlay, OH (US)

Pros-Plenty of opportunities to meet knowledgeable people and learn new skills
    -Company uses SAP and other relevant software

Cons-More often than not, you need to find the best tasks on your own
    -Lazy corporate culture

Advice to Senior ManagementDrastic changes are needed to the control environment. Continue to recruit young workers.

Unstable, Behind the times, good 'ol boy network liars

Supervisor (Former Employee) Findlay, OH (US)

ProsFlexible schedule, good luck finding anything besides this positive to say about the company.

ConsCompany leadership is 100% "Good ol Boy" club. Diversity and Inclusion is non-existent. If you are a monority of any kind do not put yourself through the hassle and unequal treatment environment and culture there. Work systems and methodologies are at least 20 years behind the time. They say SAP but the system is garbage as the company did not invest in Reporting the SAP system is bare bones and majority of work is still through manual spreadsheets. No work life balance. Rules for some and guidelines for others mentality. Very much an age and race based corporation that has no intention of changing and making their work environment more diverse. Amazed to see this culture still exist in 2014. The leadership at the Findlay plant have no people skills, and only hire their friends. They pay for some people's education, and do not let them move up or utilize their skills. You can NOT be a critical thinker if you want to succeed here, be a dependent learner, do as little as possible, screw up as much as you can and you're guaranteed to get a promotion.

Do not trust the management and the outlook.

Manager Supply Chain (Current Employee) Findlay, OH (US)

ProsGood and sturdy tires with good value.

ConsExploits employees and does not pay well. Lot of broken process and an old boys club mentality. Cannot trust the management at all.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of your employees and create trust.

Decent place to work

Engineer I (Current Employee) Findlay, OH (US)

ProsGood work/life balance. Several good years of business have led to nice bonuses and additional profit sharing. Great people to work with.

ConsCooper and some employees are really stuck in their ways, which makes it difficult to progress.

pure hell

Tire Builder (Current Employee) Tupelo, MS (US)

Prospay the bills, work close to home, 25 years allows me to have enough time off to work another job

Consplace is filthy, back stabbing co workers, quality assurance is a joke

Advice to Senior Managementstay out of Mississippi

Great people....not so great pay or benefits

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Findlay, OH (US)

ProsGreat people. Quality products.Interesting work environment

ConsDo not reflect appreciation of hardwork from employees with comparable compensation.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your people better.

Great People, Company policies are changing.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe company is made up of great people in lower level roles

ConsCompany policies are being revised to provide shareholder value, but not good for employees

Advice to Senior ManagementPut people first

Worked for Cooper Tire & Rubber? Contribute to the Community!