Coupons.com

Coupons.com Reviews in Mountain View, CA

Updated Jun 04, 2014

Coupons.com President & CEO Steven R. Boal

Steven R. Boal

Pros
  • Free lunch and food every day is a nice perk (in 18 reviews)

• To combat the free food, there's also free exercise classes (that will kick your butt) (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management was really out of touch with frontline employees (in 5 reviews)

• management concerned more with political insulation than company culture (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights
28 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Incredible!

Client Service Manager (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA (US)

ProsThe Team is amazing to work with!

ConsNot good at training plan for new hires.

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Sad and disappointing experience

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA (US)

ProsLots of perks like other hi-tech companies like free shuttle, free lunch, etc. Generally everyone is very friendly and social.

ConsThere is no career development for many employees. They don't value loyalty. Company does not encourage to hire within. Upper management turns a blind eye to the high turnover rate. People get let go and there are no announcements

Advice to Senior ManagementInspect teams with high turnover, focus on career development, encourage work/life balance, discourage secrecy

Stay away at all costs

Product Manager (Former Employee) Mountain View, CA (US)

ProsVery few pros, although they do have a decent client base.

ConsEnormous turnover, no brand, HR or internal communications. little regard for employees, its all talk. CEO is huge micromanager - employees just expected to react, never question the status quo.

Advice to Senior ManagementWelcome ideas, your employes are not robots. There is more to life than the IPO and money. If you treated employees and customers better you would reduce your attrition in your CPG customers who are flocking to other providers.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great employees and culture, not so great management.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA (US)

ProsThe people you work with are great. Everyone is very friendly and fun. Free lunch every day.

ConsManagement has their favorites and everyone else gets shown no appreciation and worked to the bone. High stress environment. Lots of politics and biases.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat everyone equally.

Not a dynamic, interesting company

Marketing (Former Employee) Mountain View, CA (US)

ProsFree lunch, drinks, and snacks
    Good location for commuters
    Pretty good pay

ConsCoupons has all of the trappings of a "hip" Silicon Valley environment: fridges filled with drinks, snacks galore, and catered (albeit pretty unhealthy) lunches. However, below the surface, it's a drab, lifeless place. Any idea you may get of this being a "fun" company is completely false; it's a sad cubicle farm with quiet, beaten-down employees. Lower management has an iron grip on their employees, often putting up roadblocks without giving any clear communication as to why. Though a lot of managers here are women, it's clear that they favor the men in the office, allowing them to push back more often when ideas aren't universally liked. Any new ideas that you enter the company with are quickly ignored in favor of doing things the way they've always been done. There is also little-to-no contact from HR or upper management if you need to voice concerns about your work environment.

If you're seeking stability, beware: this company's practice of hiring contractors is suspect. If you are entering in a contract role with the intent of converting, think long and hard if you want to be a contractor for a year or more. They started me on a nebulous 3-6 month contract, with the idea that I would be converted in about 2 months. That conversation never happened again; it's just more important that their bottom line looks good rather than if they treat their employees with respect by giving them full-time jobs with benefits.

If you're in your early, mid, or late twenties, don't waste your life here. There are much better places to be.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not let lower management bully employees. Create a system with HR so that complaints can be heard and addressed before they get out of control. Innovate - your company depends on it!

Disappointing experience.

Marketing (Former Employee) Mountain View, CA (US)

ProsMany friendly, nice, competent employees. The company is on the cutting edge for digital coupons. Good website. Market growth has been strong. Good location for commuters.

ConsTop management seems to have little regard for employee future in the company. Top management, and HR, has little regard for inter-departmental issues. High turnover. Also, some department hiring practices are very racially biased.

Advice to Senior ManagementHR and management should take a sincere interest in lower, and mid-level, employee moral and issues. You may learn much from disgruntled employees who just quit out of frustration. No opinion about the CEO - he was inaccessible.

Great Place to Work!

Human Resources (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA (US)

ProsThe hard work pays off and is recognized by management. It's a collaborative environment and they hire the best of the best.

ConsMore vacation time would be great.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou're doing a great job! Keep up the good work!

Like no other. Free food, great benefits, and the best people!

Principal Software Engineer (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA (US)

ProsFree, catered lunches every day. Beer on Fridays. Weekly tech-talks and brown-bag learning sessions.
    Some of the most brilliant minds, most from Yahoo and Intuit. Work from home and vacation policies are excellent. Spot bonuses are given for a job well-done.

ConsAside from the normal growing pains, there really are no complaints. There's room for advancement, and experience in many technologies is available if one is willing to learn.

Good place to work

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA (US)

Pros* Ability to work on interesting and challenging projects.
    * Good work environment.
    * Good work life balance.
    * Free snacks, beverages, fruits, and catered lunch.
    * Free physical activity sessions like yoga, kickboxing, etc.,
    * My boss is very reasonable and understanding and knowledge and provides the right team culture to grow professionally. He is very technical as well.
    * Managements lessons to the employees.

Cons* No gym.
    * Only 2 weeks of paid vacation for the first 2 years.
    * Maybe more salaries and bonuses.

Really Great Company

Marketing (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA (US)

Pros* Great People
    * Great Technology
    * Great Business Opportunity
    * Strong Business Leadership
    * Great Salaries
    * Free Lunches & Snacks

The company overall has really made a strong impression on me. I really enjoy the work and the people and will remain committed to bringing greater excellence to the company in all of my professional contributions.

Cons* Nothing is perfect but coupons is really good all around

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

Worked for Coupons.com? Contribute to the Community!