D&B Reviews

Updated 22 October 2014
3.1

D&B President & CEO Robert Carrigan
Robert Carrigan

Pros
  • Smart and collaborative people trying to do the right thing, decent work life balance (in 23 reviews)

• D&B had one of best work life balances which I have experienced in my career :) (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Because D&B is a huge company, implementing ideas or change can be difficult (in 25 reviews)

• Senior management too focused on reaching their numbers (in 15 reviews)

More Highlights

Fantastically friendly company with every intention of building you skills to move up the ladder.

Former Employee - QA Tester in High Wycombe, England
    Former Employee - QA Tester in High Wycombe, England

I worked at D&B full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Trained to do everything needed or wanted to know. Team building days out. Nobody is better than anyone else no matter what your job is. All jobs advertised internally before going to agencies. Pension and private healthcare

Cons

Improving skills to hit monthly targets and gain promotion.

You couldn't have taken better care of me. My redundancy was upsetting but that's a part of life.

They were the days

Former Employee - Middle Market Sales Leader
    Former Employee - Middle Market Sales Leader

I worked at D&B full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Expense culture in early 2000 was amazing, anything got a sign off and I mean anything
    UK SD never missed a target and he was inspirational then he left and guess what they missed targets and still do today

Cons

Blureprint for growth, stopped all the fun and we all left. Now they have yes men there and they have no sparkle and v

Get some balls tell the US to stay away from Europe and invest in technology and product
    They are being left behind and becoming a commodity with both brand and product

A mature business unable to rejuvenate itself

Current Employee - Finance in London, England
    Current Employee - Finance in London, England

I have been working at D&B full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Has a solid brand name in some regions

Cons

Not investing long term in people due to re-engineering
    Too slow to keep up with competitors in all markets
    Too much hubris within leadership

Investors need to think long term as they are losing tacit knowledge among key talent
    Not enough staff year on year to cope with increased workload
    Assess pricing strategy

Good place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marlow, England
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marlow, England

I worked at D&B

Pros

Good communication from management. The organisation is large enough for professional advancement and receptive to new ideas from staff. Generally, I was happy with my wage packet and benefits.

Cons

Too much corporate jargon. And the top down approach to building a corporate culture based on pride for the workplace is less motivational and somewhat more stifling. This is admittedly not a huge problem, but is fairly pervasive.

D&B is a good place to work, there's no need for all the corporate jargon and enforced team building exercises. People will be happier if they can just get on with their work.

Interesting experience - be prepared for constant change

Current Employee - Account Manager in Marlow, England
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Marlow, England

I have been working at D&B

Pros

As long as you know the right people you get far.

Cons

Very short term focus, although think this is slowly changing

Look beyond the obvious sales mentality, motivate the teams, learn about the other functions in the business

Good place towork

I have been working at D&B full-time

Pros

Good place to work and good people

Cons

Bad hours and travel frequently

none

Best leaders, management and team collaboration in my 25 years

I worked at D&B (more than an year)

Pros

Consistently working towards building a better company for its customers, employees and really cares about the world

Cons

Direction changes so quickly that technology could not keep up - the industry wants 100% viability - which data is impossible

Engage all internal resources, youd be surprised by the talent - Women are important too

Good place to work.

Former Employee - Executive Administrative Assistant
    Former Employee - Executive Administrative Assistant

I worked at D&B full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good communication from management.
    High quality staff.

Cons

Small office in Israel which results in limited amount of job opportunities.
    Salary in some areas below industry standard.

Best place I have worked so far

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ (US)

I have been working at D&B full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

We have a new and growing management. The company is small in the big picture, but with growing technology and a fresh, new strategy, D&B is definitely going places. Excellent salaries, good benefits, and reward for work well-done. The new CEO Bob Carrigan is really determined to make this one of the best places to work, and I can clearly see the changes taking effect. Everything from simple aesthetic changes to where our vision, strategy, and product lines are progressing, this company is really beginning to move with the times, modernize, grow, globalize, and become everything one would want in a company. It is definitely an exciting time to be here!

Cons

More work-life balance would be nice. More work-from-home opportunity would be helpful.

You are doing a wonderful job staying connected to your employees, keeping us informed of everything you are doing, and taking advice from each and every one of us. Keep it up, and I hope to see more wonderful things to come!

This is the place for you if you like process over product and a 'CYA' culture...

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Newark, NJ (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Newark, NJ (US)

I have been working at D&B full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

- a great legacy in b2b risk management; over 170-year history
    - recognizable brand worldwide
    - most likely still the best, most complete data set for both risk and marketing applications
    - brilliant people in Analytics dept (Paul Ballew and team are very bright and well-respected)

Cons

- unbelievably difficult to do the most simple tasks internally; ask a D&B rep for counts of businesses in a specific geo or industry...unless he/she has his/her own license to Hoovers, it will take a few days for the count request to be fulfilled by outsourced, offshore partner
    - don't ask for the back-office team to help unless you have internal forms signed and ready (who are we afraid of?)
    - keep trying to justify the same service for more money; clients sometimes feel like they are trapped and often push back

Innovate and be flexible (NEED TO ADDRESS INTERNAL PROCESSES!); Clients - especially larger firms - are not impressed by the off-the-shelf products and are looking for ways to build D&B information into existing processes (To be fair, this is one of Bob Carrigan's points of emphasis, "...delivery content where and when they need it..."); bring people together to work on projects rather than to pat each others ego, i.e., great subject matter expertise, experience, and ideas that often take a back seat to academic discussions or presentations...to much talk and not enough roll-up-your-sleeves.

D&B Photos