D&B

D&B Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

D&B President & CEO Robert Carrigan

Robert Carrigan

Pros
  • Smart and collaborative people trying to do the right thing, decent work life balance(in 23 reviews)

• D&B had one of best work life balances which I have experienced in my career :)(in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Because D&B is a huge company, implementing ideas or change can be difficult(in 24 reviews)

• Senior management too focused on reaching their numbers(in 15 reviews)

Fantastically friendly company with every intention of building you skills to move up the ladder.

QA Tester (Former Employee) High Wycombe, England

ProsTrained to do everything needed or wanted to know. Team building days out. Nobody is better than anyone else no matter what your job is. All jobs advertised internally before going to agencies. Pension and private healthcare

ConsImproving skills to hit monthly targets and gain promotion.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou couldn't have taken better care of me. My redundancy was upsetting but that's a part of life.

A mature business unable to rejuvenate itself

Finance (Current Employee) London, England

ProsHas a solid brand name in some regions

ConsNot investing long term in people due to re-engineering
    Too slow to keep up with competitors in all markets
    Too much hubris within leadership

Advice to Senior ManagementInvestors need to think long term as they are losing tacit knowledge among key talent
    Not enough staff year on year to cope with increased workload
    Assess pricing strategy

Good place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Marlow, England

ProsGood communication from management. The organisation is large enough for professional advancement and receptive to new ideas from staff. Generally, I was happy with my wage packet and benefits.

ConsToo much corporate jargon. And the top down approach to building a corporate culture based on pride for the workplace is less motivational and somewhat more stifling. This is admittedly not a huge problem, but is fairly pervasive.

Advice to Senior ManagementD&B is a good place to work, there's no need for all the corporate jargon and enforced team building exercises. People will be happier if they can just get on with their work.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interesting experience - be prepared for constant change

Account Manager (Current Employee) Marlow, England

ProsAs long as you know the right people you get far.

ConsVery short term focus, although think this is slowly changing

Advice to Senior ManagementLook beyond the obvious sales mentality, motivate the teams, learn about the other functions in the business

Good starting area to learn and grow, then move on

Account Manager (Former Employee) Rotterdam (Netherlands)

ProsExcellent place to start out a career and develop your skillset. Work life balance is good, secondary benefits are also good. In sales, car allowance is excellent. Very tight knight and friendly colleagues.

ConsCompany not investing in creating differentiation of product: still sitting on high margin business and not accelerating past competition or truly innovating. Fear of change. Local office run by a clique who back themselves up towards senior international management. Not too many places to grow to. HR is very good though. Zero marketing investment.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest: in product, in marketing, in career progression. Weed out the politics.

Excellent company, great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFriendly colleagues, interesting work, motivating atmosphere, good benefits. New CEO is energizing and exciting. Has been a great company for years and seems to be improving. I learned a lot here and found it a very positive experience overall.

ConsLike any corporate place, has its Dilbert moments but overall it's a good place to work and treats employees well. It is undergoing change and that can always create a "wait and see" vibe but all signs seem good.

Good Learning Experience, Stale Future Strategy

Intern (Former Employee) Short Hills, NJ (US)

ProsFriendly employees, very much so 9-5 with some exceptions, interesting work. Pretty good comps.

ConsNo young staff = no innovation in thought or processes. They are trying to improve the brand which will take time, but their products and offerings need to be refreshed, not just the logo alone.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in the future - need better talent, need to be on the cutting edge of data analytics.

Great company with great benefits & good culture

Risk Management Specialist (Current Employee) Overland Park, KS (US)

ProsGreat leadership team and continuing to improve. World class innovation and industry leading information and insight. The best in the business.

ConsNo local office in many locations. While there are lots of benefits to being a home worker, thee are drawbacks as well. Travel can get tiresome after months of the routine.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep innovating. Do not become complacent or accept the status quo.

Great company to work for. To them you are not just a "number'. You are respected and valued.

Credit Advisor (Former Employee) Greensboro, NC (US)

ProsGreat pay, positive environment, great benefits.

ConsA little stressful at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere's really nothing that they can improve upon.

Great people. No loyalty to long time employees

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat people to work with. Good benefits. Friendly working atmosphere. Excellent vacation and time off.

Consno room for advancement. Too many cuts over the years.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo managers who take over a new group due to realignment, listen to the advice the group is telling you and also learn more about how that group works.

Worked for D&B? Contribute to the Community!