DIRECTV

DIRECTV Reviews

Updated Jul 26, 2014

DIRECTV Chairman, President, and CEO Michael D. (Mike) White

Michael D. (Mike) White

Pros
  • This company also provides great benefits with a good vacation and time off plan(in 32 reviews)

• Good benefits and a strong commitment to doing things the right way(in 31 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours and have to work hard for a work/life balance(in 12 reviews)

• Starting salary and long hours seem to account for the buik of the high turnover rate for new hires(in 17 reviews)

Great Place to work.

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Huntington, WV (US)

ProsManageable hours, tons of room for improvement, and lots of coaching to help improve sales.

ConsJust overcoming objections and meeting goals. Nothing else really.

Advice to Senior ManagementDoing a great job! Keep up the good work!

Fast-paced, high performing organization. Buckle up for a hectic ride. Delivery focused. Must compete for people's time.

Director (Current Employee) El Segundo, CA (US)

ProsThere is no slack and low-performers are weeded out fairly quickly. That means that most everyone you work with is focused on getting the job done and they are good people to work with.

ConsThe pace can be difficult to maintain. Corners get cut in favor of quantity of delivery over quality of delivery, though high-quality is expected.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe programs that are thought to benefit employees by providing time to learn and grow really just add more overhead on already overloaded resources. Either get comfortable with dialing back delivery expectations or minimize time requirements for non job-related activities.

Nice people and benefits

Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) Huntington, WV (US)

ProsDirectv provides nice benefits package and was constantly offering prizes and incentives in addition to everything else. People are really nice to work with and lots of scheduling options. Much better employer in terms of pay and benefits than most in our area.

ConsVery fast paced and goals were always changing and at times nearly impossible to meet. Depending on your team lead they may work with you or fire you. There was no consistency and most team leads approached goals with regards to how it effected them not as how they could help you improve.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Discrimination!

Designer (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsSome great co-workers, I wish could have stayed longer to help out my fellow team as well as my manager. I didn't want to leave my work load at the time unfinished.

ConsSomeone in the Senior Staff at the DMG group is outright discriminatory, and I wish I could have been able to resolve that persons issues face to face directly and personally.

Advice to Senior ManagementJudging people by their work and reviews by immediate co-workers would be the best measure of an employee.

Started out great.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)

ProsIt was nice to get monthly bonuses and good benefits. Leadership is well trained and available to answer questions.

ConsThe job changes at such a fast rate that I never felt like I totally knew my job. I'm not typically resistant to change but I was in six different call types in 7 years and at one point had 4 different supervisors within 3 months.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider that change for the sake of change or to make your mark is not condusive to a good working environment. Also, multitasking is not a good thing. You ask that the Customer Service reps know everything about everything. That is not possible when you change things on a daily basis.

I had a new experience

QA Engineer (Former Employee) El Segundo, CA (US)

ProsIN THIS POSITION I learned a lot.

Consthis place is too competitive.

not really professional managers at sw eng !!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosthe env is really good as it has diversity and not stressful at all .

ConsThe worst thing is the not really skillful and knowledgeable managers in there, they act as they know a lot, but they just pretending, specially the one that I know. she says she is a ucla graduate but I doubt it !!! Also the pay is not good for what you do.

Advice to Senior Managementtry to think out side the box and give enough opportunity to your employees .

It has been progressively getting worse in the past few years.

Principal Engineer (Current Employee) El Segundo, CA (US)

ProsBest part is free DIRECTV.

ConsPay is low and very poor in project planning.

Engineering department is not well structured.

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) El Segundo, CA (US)

ProsWorks hours are flexible. Payed time off is average. Yearly bonus is helpful.

ConsEmployees do not feel empowered. Management is more concerned with making their managers happy instead of being advocates for their team members.

Advice to Senior ManagementEngineering management team needs to be more technically knowledgeable and empower their reports instead of worrying about what their managers demand.

Stressful, with little benefit

Technical Support- DIRECTV (Former Employee) Tulsa, OK (US)

ProsFor the most part, the pay was pretty good, as were the health benefits. I also enjoyed the ability to work overtime, and take home a pretty hefty sum of money. The team aspect was good, the team leaders I had felt a need to really connect with their members, and listen to their input into everything.

ConsThe companies values were awful. You had to upsell everything, and they seemed to value getting someone off of the phone in a limited time frame, more than they valued fixing the issue. Which resulted in the customer calling back, which then resulted in you getting in trouble for having far too many call backs. The issues that customers had were for the most part easily fixed on a single phone call, but even if the customer called back because of an unrelated issue, you would still get dinged.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the call back policy, give more time off, allow for the employee to feel that they are actually making a difference to your customers.

Worked for DIRECTV? Contribute to the Community!