DISH

2.5 1,654 reviews

DISH Director, President and CEO Joseph Clayton

Joseph Clayton

(1,058 ratings)

Pros
  • Pay is good for these parts, especially if you stick with it for a few years(in 71 reviews)

• Good work life balance: people in our office arrive around 10am and leave by 7pm(in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • As far as the work life balance they change schedules dissolve schedules for all types of reasons(in 40 reviews)

• Unless your friends with upper management, you have no chance of advancement(in 100 reviews)

1,654 Employee Reviews

Installation position

Dish Network Installer (Current Employee) Englewood, CO (US)

ProsSchedule is 4 on in a week, 3 off.

ConsNot showing appreciation to the guys out of the warehouses, only the corporate employees.

BAd work life balance

Direct Sales (Current Employee) Pine Brook, NJ (US)

ProsGood money. Long hours but if you do not close you do not eat. Nice bonus opportunities.

ConsLong hours. Horrible management. make less money going into management. Managers were just sales people that could not make it.

Advice to Senior Managementgive up

sales

Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ (US)

ProsThe company provides free Dish tv service to all employees and commission is pretty decent as a sales company, but...

Consin order to make the decent commissions, you will have to work at least 50 hours a week which they call voluntary but not true at all. The company has been rated as " worst company in US" two years in a row.

Advice to Senior ManagementUnfortunately, the managements have no cotrol over anything.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Operations Analyst

Operations Analyst III (Current Employee) Littleton, CO (US)

ProsSteady paycheck, management listens to feedback as soon as you establish credibility

ConsNo opportunity for advancement in a company ripe with opportunity.

Advice to Senior ManagementAfter a couple of awards and a few "hundred" dollars saved, you would think this company would promote top performers. You talk a good game and have good internal training courses, but you refuse to give a promotion with a raise. Or is it just a raise and no promotion. Other companies do both. Maybe this company should do that to. Now that the old EVP of HR is out and there is some great talent in that position, this would be a great time to bury the past and forge towards the future.

If you need to pay the bills in between looking for something better...

Inside Sales Associate (Former Employee)

Prosdiscounted tv service,decent pay/good commission,great employees

Consterrible hours,you can't have a life/go to school while working here,you basically have to sign your life away in order to have a decent paycheck,bad management

Fire Drill Working Environment

Pros1. Opportunities to work on lots of different projects.
    2. Lots of fantastic people.
    3. A growing number of leaders are actively working toward positive cultural changes.

Cons1. Can feel like one fire drill after another.
    2. Seemingly unwilling to address certain systemic employment brand issues: Pay, benefits, lack of flexibility in work arrangements/schedules.

Advice to Senior Management1. Stop running your people into the ground.
    2. Take a look at what the market is paying and adjust your pay accordingly.

Senior Manager

Senior Program Manager (Current Employee) Englewood, CO (US)

ProsI've been with DISH nearly 12 years, and am watching it change and develop. We are not the same DISH. We are committed to our employees, and the changes in leadership because of the LEAD program is wonderful to see. DISH is the place to work in Denver. I've had incredible opportunities and continue to grow my skills and career at DISH. I'm proud to work for DISH.

ConsBenefits could be better, and an appreciation that people can get work done anywhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe still need to help all upper leadership get on board with treating employees as fully formed adults, and keeping in mind newer employees and generational differences. Gen Y and X are very different from baby boomers. How do we empower them and help increase engagement by all.

Great company

Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee) Hilliard, OH (US)

ProsThere's a great community here at Dish. The company truly cares about their employees, from the top agent down to the new hires. Great pay, good hours, excellent incentives.

ConsThe job itself can be rough for some people. If you're on the phone you're going to have to talk with some not so nice people. Some people just aren't able to handle it. No reason to blame the company however, just accept that you're maybe not cut out for call center work and move on when able.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on doing what you're doing. I love working for Dish.

Interesting place to work

Senior IT Manager (Current Employee) Englewood, CO (US)

ProsNew challenges daily, fast pace, career advancement

ConsBenefits need some help and pdo is lacking

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease keep trying to improve the changes are helping

Fast paced opportunities in a solid company

Senior IT Manager (Current Employee)

ProsI've been an employee for over 13 years and I have seen lots of growth. The company, opportunities, pay, and the future possibilities with wireless have all grown in a compelling way. I'm excited about the future vision for our company. I have always had good management that cared about me as a person. Dish is a solid company that I know looks out for my best interests in the long term.

ConsFast paced and challenging. If you are afraid of new challenges you may struggle. Company policy prohibits working from home.

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!