DISH Reviews

1,813 Reviews

DISH Director, President and CEO Joseph Clayton
Joseph Clayton
1,166 Ratings

Pros
  • Pay is good for these parts, especially if you stick with it for a few years (in 72 reviews)

• Good work life balance: people in our office arrive around 10am and leave by 7pm (in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • As far as the work life balance they change schedules dissolve schedules for all types of reasons (in 40 reviews)

• Unless your friends with upper management, you have no chance of advancement (in 100 reviews)

More Highlights

Has been a great company to work for.

I have been working at DISH

Pros

Great pay....easy job and great bonus monthly. Also..our site manager has been tremendous to our success. I can honestly say if it wasnt for him and his great work ethics..I would not be where I'm at today.

Cons

No conns for me...You can't expect to work for a place with no obstcales... Make you own path to success and be the solution..stop complaining to stand up and say something if you dont like it.

Understand your role and understand how you got there. One thing I would say for them is...would you be a coach and want to work for yourself? If so then keep doing what your doing...if not begin to work on yourself before your work on others.

Overall good work enviroment

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Columbus, OH (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Columbus, OH (US)

I worked at DISH part-time for more than a year

Pros

Very flexible with me while I was going through Chemotherapy. Generally coworkers were nice and the company had a decent incentive program

Cons

Some of the customer's were very rude, but you had to learn to deal with it

Have a part time CSR position. I loved it

Dish Network As a Whole

Current Employee - Dish Tech l  in  Tulsa, OK (US)
    Current Employee - Dish Tech l in Tulsa, OK (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good people and good benefits. I have no complaint about anybody that keeps you busy and helps me keep my family fed and housed. Dish treats me fairly and compensates based on what I give back in performance. I couldn't ask for any better. Every company has rules put in place to protect you and them, Dish is no different. Work is for those who want to work.

Cons

I cannot at this time think of anything that would require a negative comment about Dish. They are in line with any corporation or company in business today that is customer driven and based on home installs in regards to policies and rules for safety and quality.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

My experience as a summer intern with DISH.

Former Employee - Program Manager  in  Englewood, CO (US)
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Englewood, CO (US)

I worked at DISH as an intern for less than a year

Pros

DISH has a great company culture in a very exciting industry. I enjoyed the people that I worked with a lot and thought that upper management did a lot to make working at DISH fun and exciting.

Cons

Work-life balance can be a little lopsided at times but most of the time that is dictated by how efficient you are at managing your time and getting your work done during the day.

I hope management continues to improve upon what they are doing with their attempts to increase their employees experience working at DISH (i.e. World Cup celebrations, summer concerts, 14er hikes, etc.).

awesome experience

Former Employee - International Customer Service Representative  in  Flushing, NY (US)
    Former Employee - International Customer Service Representative in Flushing, NY (US)

I worked at DISH full-time

Pros

It was my second job coming out of college... and I did not know what to expect.
    From the start, the training was excellent the best I have ever received in my professional career. I won the trainers choice award. And I was good at taking calls thanks to the training I received.
    Lots of bonuses
    If you perform well and do good, a lot of good things happen. I got a chance to sit in most of the corporate meetings, got to meet the EVP of the company and did many good things.
    Before applying I read a lot of negative stuff here but here is the thing, dish will help you if you put in hard work and make an effort. The job is tough for everyone but if you work hard then the company does go out of their way to help you a lot. I have had numerous occasion where I was dead wrong and if I was in other companies I would have been let go, but Dish let me work through my mistakes and improve.
    Chance to develop sales and marketing skills. Honestly, before Dish, I was not the sales person or have the business sense that I have today. You do get a lot of things going your way. Keep a positive attitude and you will make it. The negative reviews here are from people who didn't work hard enough. Yes there are some challenges, but what job is not challenging. before job I worked the easiest job in America (tutoring) and got paid 22 dollars per hour but even that was challenging at times so there is no such thing as an easy job. The training staff at Queens is world class and probably the best in the country so if you are in nyc you are in good hands.
    Really fun environment and diverse and some of the coolest and funniest people you will ever meet.

Cons

N/A because I worked hard there I got numerous chances to be put and sit in the corporate meetings where I gave feedback a lot of times and my voice was heard so I feel like my voice has already been listened to,
    Def apply there, and once you go there don't treat this as a job but treat it as a career, work on your stats and you can move up because dish promotes a lot from within and many jobs do open up. I literally know an agent that went from agent to corporate straight because of his prior experience. Will that happen to everyone? Probably not, but the point is, if you go in there with a right mindset then you can do a lot. Also, be willing to accept feedback. it's meant to help you grow from people who have walked the same path.

N/A

I had an amazing team.

Current Employee - Business Analyst
    Current Employee - Business Analyst

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than a year

Pros

I worked at Dish for one year and had an enjoyable experience. My team was okay but my managers and VP were amazing! They were very supportive, the work was challenging and I found most departments to be helpful. The pay was decent but nothing to brag about and the benefits were about what you expect anywhere.

Cons

Many other teams were absolutely miserable and just sticking with the job until something better came along. One huge negative, they do not trust their employees. They used to run a badge report checking your hours. For those that need to be monitored fine but for those of us that work hard don't appreciate the distrust.

Excellent Opportunity

Current Employee - Loyalty Representative  in  Bluefield, WV (US)
    Current Employee - Loyalty Representative in Bluefield, WV (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Gives people that wouldn't normally have an opportunity a chance to make good money for their family. All that is needed to apply is a high school diploma. Varies opportunities to earn extra money with incentives, bonus, contest. Very giving, employees can win things like cars, vacations, tvs, etc. also keeps you well feed. Barbecues galore, pizza parties, nachos, ice cream. I can go on and on. They do not micro manage and allows agents to develop their own style on their calls. Oh, free tv., 401k match, stocks. That adds thousands per year to your salary.

Cons

I can't think of any. A lot of people complain of things they should expect and already agreed to.

Refresher courses would be nice. Especially for people that have been working for dish a long time

Capacity for internal customer service will NEVER be met!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Hilliard, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hilliard, OH (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great pay, feedback constantly solicited for improvement, amazing performance incentives for frontline agents, positive atmosphere!!!

Cons

Employees are given so much that appreciation is replaced with a sense of entitlement a need for more.. MORE...MORE. Impossible to satisfy your internal customer.

Continue the path of soliciting feedback to ensure all concerns are addressed. Continue to recap improvements that you have made.

Lack of growth opportunities.

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst  in  Englewood, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Englewood, CO (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The people I work with are very good and are really good at what they do. I really like working with.

Cons

There are serious lack of growth opportunities. The opportunities that are there are limited to aspecial few.

Provide more growth opportunities to anyone interested.

Sales grind

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative  in  Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I worked at DISH full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good Pay, Steady flow of calls

Cons

Obnoxious customers, call center tracks every idle moment

Do not muzzle an ox while it is treading out the grain

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!