DISH Reviews

1,787 Reviews

DISH Director, President and CEO Joseph Clayton
Joseph Clayton
1,147 Ratings

Pros
  • Pay is good for these parts, especially if you stick with it for a few years (in 79 reviews)

• Good work life balance: people in our office arrive around 10am and leave by 7pm (in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • Management uses strong arm tactics while telling you about work/life balance (in 46 reviews)

• Upper management don't keep to their word, will Lie thru their teeth in your face (in 109 reviews)

More Highlights

Dish Network As a Whole

Current Employee - Dish Tech l in Tulsa, OK (US)
    Current Employee - Dish Tech l in Tulsa, OK (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good people and good benefits. I have no complaint about anybody that keeps you busy and helps me keep my family fed and housed. Dish treats me fairly and compensates based on what I give back in performance. I couldn't ask for any better. Every company has rules put in place to protect you and them, Dish is no different. Work is for those who want to work.

Cons

I cannot at this time think of anything that would require a negative comment about Dish. They are in line with any corporation or company in business today that is customer driven and based on home installs in regards to policies and rules for safety and quality.

Opportunity

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative Ll in Thornton, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative Ll in Thornton, CO (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Dish hires several times throughout the year. They have a good starting wage. If you are not an attendance issue and have a good attitude you can advance to various depts. They also have tuition reimbursement for most courses. I've been at dish more that a year and can honestly say that for a call center environment it one of the better ones.

Cons

You dont always have a say as to what training you get picked for. The goal is to be upwardly mobile and not everyone has this objective. There are round tables to get info on procedure but rarely do we see changes implemented from the round table suggestions. However, this may be Web because I have not been there long enough.

Sometimes training op's are used as interview tools and perhaps a probationary period might be a more effective way of evaluating.

Great place to work

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There's always something to do.
    Room for advancement.
    Every one works together.
    Even upper management tends to help out from time to time.

Cons

I really don't have any cons. I enjoy what I do. The only thing I can think of if there full time hours for the warehouse team and perks like the techs tend to get

Fast Paced and have to learn on the fly.

I have been working at DISH (more than an year)

Pros

A Company that you can make a name for yourself. It is always changing and never gets boring.

Cons

It is always changing and sometimes sends mixed messages.

I think time should be spent to train the managers to be more effective. Leadership and mentoring of mangers would make this a much stronger company.

Easy Job, Easy Sales, Customer Market Jaded

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Palm Desert, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Palm Desert, CA (US)

I have been working at DISH part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Watch TV, talk to people about Dish, Good Neighbors to talk too. Breaks are your call, most shifts are short. $ 130 commission per sale, Get paid every Wednesday of the month, you get paid hourly or commission whatever is higher. So you always get a decent check

Cons

Not enough Customers when its dead, cold approaching people/sales, lots of people window shopping/not willing to buy, lots of work outside of getting paid, to get the word out.

Advertise, Market, Help get the name out

Enjoy working there

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Spartanburg, SC (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Spartanburg, SC (US)

I have been working at DISH (more than an year)

Pros

They let us use our cell phone as long as we're on our break. Some companies won't even let you bring them into the building. Sometimes when you working 10 to 12 hours a day you need to communicate with family members. Pay is good. In the cafeteria you have vendor that come in daily. Thay also has special events that they feed us. Bathrooms are usually all clean. Just a good place to work.

Cons

Toilets need auto flush. Some people do not know how to flush a toilet Health insurance need improvement. Management needs to smile more and team leaders.

Better health insurance with lower deductible .

Positive Change

Current Employee - Contributor in Englewood, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Contributor in Englewood, CO (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Management here is intent on redeveloping the employee experience and showing the value that each employee brings to the company. This is a fast paced and every changing environment, where people with curiosity, knowledge and experience truley do succeed in positive growth and movement.

Cons

I don't think they are cons, but many do. If you are not willing to work hard and be dedicated to what you are doing, you will not fit in well in this company. We do spend long hours developing and managing IT and Business products so that in the end, the consumer has the greatest experience possible. This is across the board, from customer service, to installation services and the manufacturing portion of the company. All employees are challenged to bring the greatest skills to the table and assist with the growth and development of the company.

Company values are in serious consideration these days and it is nice to see them being openly discussed with teams and other management. Don't lose this focus, we can only become better.

Steady

Current Employee - Advanced Technical Coach in Alvin, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Advanced Technical Coach in Alvin, TX (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The environment is excellent. Laid back and the career path is rapid. As long as you do the job required you can move up quick.

Cons

Leadership sticking to one task. We get one direction one day then the next day its totally different.

Communication is key. As coaches we would like better opportunities to receive bonuses instead of our bonus being based off of 20 other agents

Here comes the layoffs

Current Employee - General Manager in Englewood, CO (US)
    Current Employee - General Manager in Englewood, CO (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Upper management is enthusiastic when it comes to coaching staff meeting on what to write on glassdoor and lobbying for positive responses to the engagement survey currently taking place.

Cons

There is little action behind the stated vision. There is much to do surrounding the LEAD professional development program and the content is excellent. Unfortunately, there is little practice behind that which is preached.

As you prepare to follow instruction from above to cut 10% of your team between now and the end if November, think about the impact your having on not only your employees but their families.

RUN AWAY, DONT LOOK BACK

Current Employee - Sling TV in Denver, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Sling TV in Denver, CO (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I guess it's better to have a job than not? That is about it for Dish.
    Some of the co-workers are abused as much as I am and so sometimes we huddle together in our cubicles and avoid the stupidity of the management.

Cons

OMG!!! Where do begin?
    Benefits: absolute lowest allowed by law
    Salary: You're just a bag of meat, why should you earn more than the next Indian contractor?
    Work Life: Have you ever seen "Nineteen Eighty-Four" ?
    Co-workers: All I can say is: watch your back.
    Job Satisfaction: See salary, you're just bag of meat. You are only a number and you are expendable.

There is no help for current management. I liken this to a train wreck. Best to melt down the scrap and call it a total loss. It is 100% the management's fault for this horrible work enviroment.