DISH Reviews

1,765 Reviews

DISH Director, President and CEO Joseph Clayton
Joseph Clayton
1,133 Ratings

Pros
  • Pay is good for these parts, especially if you stick with it for a few years (in 77 reviews)

• Good work life balance: people in our office arrive around 10am and leave by 7pm (in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • Management uses strong arm tactics while telling you about work/life balance (in 44 reviews)

• Upper management don't keep to their word, will Lie thru their teeth in your face (in 107 reviews)

More Highlights

They tried to improve, Didn't last long

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative II/Retention  in  Harlingen, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative II/Retention in Harlingen, TX (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

It pays ok. Some holidays off

Cons

Overseas agents lying to customers leaving us to clean up the mess. Management plays games and doesn't care about employees. No accountability until someone sues.

Senior management need their thumbs more on the individual centers. They need to listen more to agents and realize what the issues are that are making veteran agents leave for pay cuts just to get out of here. GET RID OF THE OVERSEAS CENTERS.

My experience as a summer intern with DISH.

Former Employee - Program Manager  in  Englewood, CO (US)
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Englewood, CO (US)

I worked at DISH as an intern for less than a year

Pros

DISH has a great company culture in a very exciting industry. I enjoyed the people that I worked with a lot and thought that upper management did a lot to make working at DISH fun and exciting.

Cons

Work-life balance can be a little lopsided at times but most of the time that is dictated by how efficient you are at managing your time and getting your work done during the day.

I hope management continues to improve upon what they are doing with their attempts to increase their employees experience working at DISH (i.e. World Cup celebrations, summer concerts, 14er hikes, etc.).

Old school method

Current Employee - Corporate  in  Englewood, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Corporate in Englewood, CO (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly colleagues, good place to learn.

Cons

You should come to work before 9:00 am if you are late by even a minute, come after lunch and lose your half day pay. They more focus on discipline, instead of productivity.
    Higher post employees don't trust their managers and micro manage everything.
    Don's spend time on internet (office machine) as they track internet usability, but you can spend eight hours browsing on your smart phone or tablet.
    Cafeteria sucks big time. Highly priced and not many options to choose from. Almost same kind of menu every week. If you are soup lover, they server same soup what they served yesterday.

Stop following old school method and look for employee's productivity.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Underpaid and Overworked, taken advantage of. Unappreciated.

Former Employee - Customer Service  in  Hilliard, OH (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Hilliard, OH (US)

I worked at DISH full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Met some really nice people, made long term friendships.

Cons

Mandatory overtime with little notice, even during the holidays. Unrealistic expectations, for little appreciation.

Learn to appreciate and reward your loyal employees, instead of working them to death. And get some professional management.

Bad job

I worked at DISH full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Bad placed to work for

Cons

Stay away from dish network

Stop forcing people to sale. We are technician for satellite not sale department

Dish Network As a Whole

Current Employee - Dish Tech l  in  Tulsa, OK (US)
    Current Employee - Dish Tech l in Tulsa, OK (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good people and good benefits. I have no complaint about anybody that keeps you busy and helps me keep my family fed and housed. Dish treats me fairly and compensates based on what I give back in performance. I couldn't ask for any better. Every company has rules put in place to protect you and them, Dish is no different. Work is for those who want to work.

Cons

I cannot at this time think of anything that would require a negative comment about Dish. They are in line with any corporation or company in business today that is customer driven and based on home installs in regards to policies and rules for safety and quality.

Overall good work enviroment

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Columbus, OH (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Columbus, OH (US)

I worked at DISH part-time for more than a year

Pros

Very flexible with me while I was going through Chemotherapy. Generally coworkers were nice and the company had a decent incentive program

Cons

Some of the customer's were very rude, but you had to learn to deal with it

Have a part time CSR position. I loved it

Excellent Opportunity

Current Employee - Loyalty Representative  in  Bluefield, WV (US)
    Current Employee - Loyalty Representative in Bluefield, WV (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Gives people that wouldn't normally have an opportunity a chance to make good money for their family. All that is needed to apply is a high school diploma. Varies opportunities to earn extra money with incentives, bonus, contest. Very giving, employees can win things like cars, vacations, tvs, etc. also keeps you well feed. Barbecues galore, pizza parties, nachos, ice cream. I can go on and on. They do not micro manage and allows agents to develop their own style on their calls. Oh, free tv., 401k match, stocks. That adds thousands per year to your salary.

Cons

I can't think of any. A lot of people complain of things they should expect and already agreed to.

Refresher courses would be nice. Especially for people that have been working for dish a long time

Decent company and getting better.... just please Joe C - keep your politics to yourself!

Current Employee - IT Engineer  in  Englewood, CO (US)
    Current Employee - IT Engineer in Englewood, CO (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than a year

Pros

Always on the go! I really never get bored, which is a great thing. I love being challenged and challenged I am! DISH is truly trying to improve! The new technology never leaves me bored, always something new! The Work life balance is ok... they do get pretty picking on being at work for 8.5 hours.. then they let up... for me, I work through lunch... try to enforce it, labor laws say other wise :) The compensation is pretty good, can't complain there! My direct management is pretty good, can't say that for everyone else's though.

Cons

The political blame game from the CEO... come on Joe, stop blaming the President for the poor health insurance DISH has... it's not his fault, it's yours and Charlie's! The benefits are pretty poor, 50% 401K matching? Really, from a multi-billion dollar company?

awesome experience

Former Employee - International Customer Service Representative  in  Flushing, NY (US)
    Former Employee - International Customer Service Representative in Flushing, NY (US)

I worked at DISH full-time

Pros

It was my second job coming out of college... and I did not know what to expect.
    From the start, the training was excellent the best I have ever received in my professional career. I won the trainers choice award. And I was good at taking calls thanks to the training I received.
    Lots of bonuses
    If you perform well and do good, a lot of good things happen. I got a chance to sit in most of the corporate meetings, got to meet the EVP of the company and did many good things.
    Before applying I read a lot of negative stuff here but here is the thing, dish will help you if you put in hard work and make an effort. The job is tough for everyone but if you work hard then the company does go out of their way to help you a lot. I have had numerous occasion where I was dead wrong and if I was in other companies I would have been let go, but Dish let me work through my mistakes and improve.
    Chance to develop sales and marketing skills. Honestly, before Dish, I was not the sales person or have the business sense that I have today. You do get a lot of things going your way. Keep a positive attitude and you will make it. The negative reviews here are from people who didn't work hard enough. Yes there are some challenges, but what job is not challenging. before job I worked the easiest job in America (tutoring) and got paid 22 dollars per hour but even that was challenging at times so there is no such thing as an easy job. The training staff at Queens is world class and probably the best in the country so if you are in nyc you are in good hands.
    Really fun environment and diverse and some of the coolest and funniest people you will ever meet.

Cons

N/A because I worked hard there I got numerous chances to be put and sit in the corporate meetings where I gave feedback a lot of times and my voice was heard so I feel like my voice has already been listened to,
    Def apply there, and once you go there don't treat this as a job but treat it as a career, work on your stats and you can move up because dish promotes a lot from within and many jobs do open up. I literally know an agent that went from agent to corporate straight because of his prior experience. Will that happen to everyone? Probably not, but the point is, if you go in there with a right mindset then you can do a lot. Also, be willing to accept feedback. it's meant to help you grow from people who have walked the same path.

N/A

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!