DPI Midwest

Updated Apr 14, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

John Jordan

Stay away from this employer at Hodgkins,IL. location!!!!

Dedicated Driver (Former Employee)
Hodgkins, IL (US)

I worked at DPI Midwest full-time

ProsCDL A class drivers have opportunity to make decent pay and receive okay benefits. You also have good co-drivers at this location with good work ethic and sense of team work at times of need. The equipment is really nice and fairly new.

ConsThere are absolutely NO company ethics nor values here. They will work your mind and body to the edge. They will have taken all family life / personal balance away from you and will not accommodate. You'll get the notion your set up to fail soon after being hired. Drug and alcohol abuse is evident.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have created a horrible work environment from your inexperience in transportation. You should focus on restoring company values. Focusing on the employees and their family/personal life balance should be important. Fact #1 : Happy employees create a healthy and productive work place.

The Dedicated Logistics side.

Dedicated Driver (Current Employee)
Hodgkins, IL (US)

I have been working at DPI Midwest full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGood job. Good dedicated group of co workers with possibilities of a long term future in dedicated logistics, retail or food industry delivery.

ConsUnstable account future. Mismanagement. To many chiefs and not enough Indians"

Advice to Senior ManagementDo your job correctly and follow through. Respect your front line (drivers) Without them you lose your account.

DPI Midwest

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Arlington Heights, Cook, IL (US)

I worked at DPI Midwest full-time for more than a year

ProsGood co-workers, nice offices, big warehouse

ConsThis division is now closed down

Advice to Senior ManagementDecide what business you want to be in...either food service or speciakty food abd do that well

Great people, unstable environment

Arlington Heights, Cook, IL (US)

I have been working at DPI Midwest full-time

ProsGreat people to work with, lots of opportunities to learn about the market place. Local management is friendly and easy to work both for and with.

ConsWorkers got moved around too much, so wrong people ended up in important positions. Company is going out of business due to poor upper-management decisions.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink long-term, before other branches close too.

Worked for DPI Midwest? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at DPI Midwest reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for DPI Midwest CEO John Jordan. All reviews posted anonymously by DPI Midwest employees.