Danaher Reviews

Updated 23 August 2014
Updated 23 August 2014

2.6

Danaher President, CEO, and Director Larry Culp Jr.
Larry Culp Jr.

Pros
  • Very process driven the Danaher Business System really works (in 9 reviews)

• Good compensation, good benefits, some good people (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Danaher can be a tough place to work in terms of work life balance and stress (in 13 reviews)

• There is absolutely no work-life balance (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Good 'short term' learning experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Cambridge, East of England, England
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England

I worked at Danaher

Pros

This is the most extreme management culture you are likely to encounter. Learn fast, take the money while it lasts and get out.

Cons

Upper management are selected as ' insecure over achievers, moved away from their families and pitched against employees. Don't believe you are dealing with balanced people, they have no interest in/respect for employees and are tied to Danaher via massive stock options.
    If you reject the culture imposed on you, you will be paid to leave ie. you boss will sacrifice you - there is a separate corporate budget for redundancies that doesn't effect your companies bottom line!

I hope it is worth all the misery that is caused, or is it just that if you didn't do it, someone else would.

Executive

Current Employee - Executive
    Current Employee - Executive

I have been working at Danaher full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Large company, many people know the stock

Cons

in every meeting you have to give 15 minutes for whom you are speaking with to indulge you on what a great find THEY are. They hire less then competent people in Executive titles that waste more money and time the one has to give

sell off the companies that lose money ad concentrate on the those that generate revenue

Have worked at Danaher for 2 years

I have been working at Danaher full-time for more than a year

Pros

Danaher pays well and seems to have a lot of upward opportunity for high performing employees.
    True company wide culture around DBS and really accepts and implements lean processes - there are a variety of training opportunities within the company and the corporate level employees are brilliant.

Cons

Danaher is very demanding and can be a high stress environment. Sometimes the decisions that are made are more focused on the short term bottom line versus the long term success and sometimes at the expensive of the customer.

Stay in touch with your operating company level leadership and what they are doing. I think the corporate VPs should meet with middle managers at the operating company to get a better view of what is really going on and how customers are impacted.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

If you can "corrective action" your way thru anything; this is the place for you.

Former Employee - Production Manager
    Former Employee - Production Manager

I worked at Danaher full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is a company that is known nationwide for being aggressive, a plus on your resume.

Cons

No work life balance at all.

People don't live to work; they work to make a living.

Without a doubt worst place I ever worked

Former Employee - Staffing Manager  in  West Chester, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Staffing Manager in West Chester, PA (US)

I worked at Danaher full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I worked remotely so I didn't have to deal with a lot of the office politics face to face. Nor did I have to see my so called boss every day which was also a plus.

Cons

Where do I start - horrible management and I was so fortunate to have the worst boss ever. Upper management does not care about anything other than their own bonuses. I had to pay for my own development and was provided with no tools to help me do my job - finally went and paid for myself. Had HR colleagues stab me in the back because they were only looking out for their own survival.
    I would constantly bring up the subject of turnover in HR meetings only to be told to shut up - literally.

Quit - do other employees a favor. Stop calling people idiots and morons to their face and then wonder why turnover is awful!!

No vision. No strategy. No hope.

I worked at Danaher full-time

Pros

Met some really good people while working there. I was able to develop strong leadership and motivational skills to counteract the negative environment and poor morale.

Cons

People are let go every year, which leads to a workplace where employees are constantly looking over their shoulder. Morale is very low. People have meetings for the sake of having meetings, which is a result of poor strategic planning and direction.

Take time to develop a strategy for how you would like to the company to move forward. Knee jerk reactions to even the slightest bit of negative news will not take the company to higher levels of success. Pick a plan and see it through.

Working as contract employee for 2+ years

I have been working at Danaher as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

The corporate Danaher does not seem to mess around with the division level companies and obstruct their operational strategy/tactics (good thing) but provides reasonable structure and financial backing when needed.

Cons

Unwilling to be flexible when it comes to things like vacation. Some methodologies in place (e.g. expenses) that seem very antiquated and cumbersome.

Keep allowing division-level independence with respect to operational tactics and allow more flexibility for unique division culture.

Challenging - Training under fire

Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Chicago, IL (US)

I worked at Danaher full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

They leave you room to grow up in pay and responsibility when you start a job at Danaher. If you work for an acquired Danaher company be prepared to work hard and cut out wasted tasks (process improvement)

Cons

Most of their systems don't talk to one another and yet detail reports are requested on demand.

High paying chiefs are paid well, but sometimes it feels like there are not enough Indians.

Progressive Growth

Current Employee - Business Development Manager  in  Sunnyvale, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

I have been working at Danaher full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Growth potential has been steady.
    DBS is key and processes are in place for efficiency.
    Office culture is friendly.

Cons

Compensation does not seem to be aligned with market and experience. Yearly performance appraisal is around 3%. There is no concept of profit sharing/Bonus based on the success of the company.
    Policy for Vacation is use it or lose every year.
    Employee stock purchase is not an option.

Nice colleagues and balanced life.

Former Employee - Tax Intern  in  Cleveland, OH (US)
    Former Employee - Tax Intern in Cleveland, OH (US)

I worked at Danaher as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Workload is very reasonable and the environement is appealing.

Cons

The corporate culture is not quite attractive.

More communication among employees.

Worked for Danaher? Contribute to the Community!