Dassault Systemes

Updated 23 November 2014
3.3

Dassault Systemes President and CEO Bernard Charles
Bernard Charles

Pros
  • Work life balance is good as well, but pay is not competitive for the industry (in 10 reviews)

• s bonnes conditions de travail : bureaux flambants neufs, ordinateurs haut de gamme renouvell (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Cela cause une coupure entre la direction et les programmeurs (in 7 reviews)

• aise et son style de gestion s'inspire de l'histoire de la monarchie (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

PLM Application Consultant

Current Employee - PLM Applications Consultant
    Current Employee - PLM Applications Consultant

I have been working at Dassault Systemes full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Work Culture ; Pay ; latest technology

Cons

No Cons - Absolutely fun at DS

Excellent - Keep Going

An eye-opener into how NOT to do things

Former Employee - Knowledge Consultant
    Former Employee - Knowledge Consultant

I worked at Dassault Systemes full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The vision is inspiring, it really is, this company can achieve a great deal and change many things and I really hope specific brands get it together because they have a great deal of experience to utilise

Cons

As such a large organisation it's easy to feel like its impossible to ever make a mark, and DS is exactly that place, little people are little people and you will openly be treated that way. Employees hard work and sacrifices are under-appreciated i.e. working away a lot, poor work-life balance. Micro-management is a big thing within specific brands and it's not only detrimental to business but it's detrimental to the respect your employees have - during the most-part of my time and at the end I can say that I lost every ounce of passion and respect I had for this company and became very disillusioned due to the inefficient processes, lack of growth, lack of personal benefits, I could go on for a while..

Your employee's are your biggest asset, use them to their full potential, challenge them and most of all have some respect for them not only on a professional level but a personal one too.

Great people but overly political environment

Current Employee - Marketing in Waltham, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Marketing in Waltham, MA (US)

I have been working at Dassault Systemes full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The benefits are excellent and the technical people are fun and personable. Depending on the office, the social environment can be really nice (Woodland Hills, CA and Auburn Hills, MI stand out in particular). Also, the CEO is very inspiring - the vision the company is striving for is a strong motivating factor.

Cons

Despite the advantages, the environment is highly political - promotion is on the who-you-know basis rather than on competence or professionalism. Really good people are stuck for years is underpaid, undervalued positions with little possibility of moving up.

Great Place to wrok

Former Employee - Localization in Waltham, MA (US)
    Former Employee - Localization in Waltham, MA (US)

I worked at Dassault Systemes as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

International, friendly and not very changeable tasks as an intern. Surly a good line on your resume. Very nice working place.

Cons

Up level management is not very energetic. Very high standard to be enrolled, not very possible to entry level career.

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Anonymous in Paris (France)
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Paris (France)

I have been working at Dassault Systemes full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great campus
    Nice people to work with
    Company with solid results

Cons

Lack of communication with HR

HR has to get closer to employees

Fascinating company!

I worked at Dassault Systemes

Pros

Interesting work, great people to work with, good benefits.

Cons

Global company means working odd hours to allow for time differences sometimes.

HR has too much power, and the bureaucratic approach in upper management is inefficient.

Good Internship Experience

Former Employee - Technical Support in Auburn Hills, MI (US)
    Former Employee - Technical Support in Auburn Hills, MI (US)

I worked at Dassault Systemes as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

very helpful and awesome IT team

Cons

I didn't see any cons

Lot of exposure lot to learn

I have been working at Dassault Systemes

Pros

Dassault syetemes is a leader in PLM domain.

Cons

No work from home facility

Work from home.

Nice company but not might be the best for technology lovers

Current Employee - Ingénieur Développement Logiciel in Vélizy-Villacoublay (France)

I have been working at Dassault Systemes full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Salaries and profit sharing are very interesting.
    The company is large so there are many teams working on various topics which can be interesting to work on various projects without moving to another company.
    The company has offices all around the world (especially R&D and QA in the USA and India) which is great as well.

Cons

There is too much hierarchy, not much is decided in the development teams.
    The company is usually a late adopter for technologies, code is still written the old-fashioned way which is frustrating for technology lovers.

Please, Believe in LATAM

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I worked at Dassault Systemes full-time

Pros

Excellent products, sell by itself. That makes you feel motivated to expand the market and sales to the new segments. The employees are dedicated and feels like part of the company specially when understand what is DS outside LATAM.

Cons

The Company processes will not protect you from mood swing or evil politics, Latam has been managed by one person that doesn´t know the customers or partners. There is no perspective of career. The decision of any movement, resignation or promotion of the employees, will not be discussed.

DS LATAM management will not value your work but a personal opinion. I dedicated more than 10 hours a day for months and reached all goals without any recognition of top management LATAM.

The fact that the company has not been well scored by BPTW was justified to HQ, by the fact that DS has a French culture and it is hard to apply in LATAM, it is not true. The feeling of the employees is that the bad mood swing of one person is what drives the geography, what makes a complete unstable environment.

Once the LATAM represents around 2% of the global revenue, I suggest making a deep change of the structure and put the LATAM management direct to DS Americas and break this empowerment. The employees will be more motivated and embodied the culture of DS.

I suggest to implement an Ethic Channel in order to let the information flows without filters.

Dassault Systemes Photos