Daugherty Business Solutions

Updated Apr 06, 2014

Daugherty Business Solutions President & CEO Ron Daugherty

Ron Daugherty

21 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great work life balance, benefits better than national firm and quality of people

Senior Manager (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at Daugherty Business Solutions full-time for more than a year

ProsAfter working for top 3 consulting firms for over a decade, I decided to make a move to a local model boutique consulting firm "Daugherty", 3 reasons why I true love my career at Daugherty:
- When they say " Work Life Balance, they truly mean it with great benefits-their medical is the best in industry
- Great clients including list of fortune 500
- Above all they are picking up cream from top consulting firms, so you are surrounded and talented people who value family life, work life and hate big 4 politics

ConsWhen you work with any company of its size you are bound to face the following challenges/opportunities to improve:
- Not all Policies and Procedures are matured
- PTO not too great but frankly speaking even though I had great PTO package in a top consulting firm, I could never take advantage of it anyways.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good job and don't give up on the core values of this company as we grow

Excellent Company

Principal (Current Employee)

ProsLots of opportunities for career growth in the Atlanta Office

ConsSometimes a long commute to get to office

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue doing what your doing

The best there is.

Associate Consultant (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at Daugherty Business Solutions full-time for less than a year

ProsEnjoy a stead work/life balance while gaining a ton of experience, picking up state of the art skills, expanding your communication skills.

Also, the free food & beverages, great peers, social events, and after hours learning opportunities are a plus.

ConsClient work comes and goes, so you will have to be patient in-between projects. Don't worry though bench-work will keep you busy. ;)

Advice to Senior ManagementNegotiating more vacation days would be a HUGE factor to change during the hiring process.

*This one perk could spike your retention and prevent talented candidates from accepting other offers. Think about it, 1 or 2 weeks of additional vacation in return for talented candidates that could potentially revolutionize your future business for years to come.

Great company to work for

Manager (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsExperienced co-workers ,Great benefits and good salary

ConsDaugherty have great people but do not have the right projects to place them.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed more sales to get right projects to fit peoples profiles,

A refreshing change of pace and practice after leaving big four consulting.

Senior Consultant (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsWork life balance is a reality at Daugherty with in town clients and 40 to 50 hour work weeks.

Their is paid overtime. Paid overtime means that leadership is thoughtful about when and when not to keep people late. It helps regulate the perception that working late creates greater value by actually measuring the value with additional dollars.

Daugherty team members are intelligent, approachable and have a business casual attitude that I find refreshing after the big four ego maniacs and fake-it-till-they-make-it performers. Daugherty team members are diverse from a number of levels including intellectually open to explore a variety of topics and perspectives with open minds.

ConsThe vacation package isn't great but it is a trade off given that work weeks do not exceed 40 to 50 hours.
Bonuses exist but are more of a tip than a bonus. Again, when weighing other benefits this isn't as bad as it may seem.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to build distinct Daugherty solutions to differentiate us from any association with staff augmentation.

A great consulting firm to work for

Project/Program Manager (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsOne of the key benefits of working at Daugherty is the local business model (no travel).
This company is very focused on excellent client delivery and has an excellent reputation.
The management team is great to work with and they really want you to succeed. They try very hard to place you in assignments that fit with your career plans.
The firm is small enough that you can make a big contribution to the growth and success of the firm, but big enough to have a good portfolio of clients and a growing range of technical and strategic solutions.
The health benefits plan is the best around.

ConsThe vesting period for the 401k plan should be reduced.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to focus on treating your employees well.
Improve the 401k plan vesting period.

Innovative No-Travel Consulting Opportunities in Atlanta

Business Architect (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsDaugherty is a growing local consulting firm that is focused on making a real difference for clients, while matching their consultants with career growing opportunities. Work-life balance and innovative thinking in the areas of Business Intelligence as well as a defined methodology in business process and analysis make Daugherty an exciting place to work.

ConsDaugherty is a growing brand in the consulting market. It does not yet carry the name recognition of the Big 4 firms, however the motivation of leadership and caliber of talent will help build that over the coming years.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider the consultant's core strengths AND passions when matching them with roles and opportunities. This will only increase team productivity and dynamics, leading to our shared success!

Culture, Aptitude and Growth Opportunity

Management Consultant (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsWhat Daugherty Business Solutions brings to the table is different from most other consulting companies. They are excellence focused - hence the aptitude. They espouse a culture of delivering value - hence making you invaluable to the customer you're consulting for. And they are small enough, and growing rapidly, for you to grow with. They have a welcoming workforce that wants to see you succeed - and they have fun too. Non-existent politics. What more could one ask for.

ConsCaution! You may become a bit of a nerd here. Translation: you will become very good and versatile in your area.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the growth momentum and culture. And keep providing opportunities to your consultants. They're the reason for your success.

Great collaborative environment.

Manager (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsEmphasis on excellence. Company is on a growth path.

ConsRetirement plan needs to be improved.

Excellent consulting company where you are only limited by your skills and motivation

Senior Manager (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at Daugherty Business Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe Daugherty Atlanta office provides an environment in which you are only limited by your own motivation. People who are driven to succeed and to help the branch improve itself are those that quickly climb the ladder. Some of the reviews have mentioned that Daugherty is just a staff aug firm with no projects. Nonsense. There are any number of full lifecycle application development or business process improvement projects. Not to mention many ad hoc management consulting projects like organizational effectiveness assessments, BI or Mobility roadmaps, etc.

Also, promotions are very possible. In the last two years alone, there have been at least five promotions to Principal and one promotion to Director. For a small to mid-size branch, that is just fine.

ConsTwo-week starting vacation policy is pretty laughable. This should be negotiable during hiring. No reason for this limitation at all and it promotes the staff aug perception that some seem to have.

Training during normal hours would show an investment in the consultants.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication to the branch VP is fairly syphoned through the Directors. More frequently, the VP should meet with people at other levels to make sure he is getting the full picture.

Involve consultants a bit more in the project placement process. It shows respect - and to not involve them shows a lack of it.

Worked for Daugherty Business Solutions? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Daugherty Business Solutions reviews and ratings in Atlanta, GA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Daugherty Business Solutions CEO Ron Daugherty . All 21 reviews posted anonymously by Daugherty Business Solutions employees.