Dealertrack Technologies

Dealertrack Technologies Reviews

Updated Jul 15, 2014

Dealertrack Technologies Chairman, President, and CEO Mark F. O'Neil

Mark F. O'Neil

Pros
  • Management is understanding of work/life balance (in 4 reviews)

• Remote opportunities, growing company, good benefits (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management is micro managerial and often de motivational (in 5 reviews)

• Not sure upper management has really been in the rank and file (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

DealerTrack bought Arkona and destroyed a viable DMS option in the Automotive DMS Industry.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Salt Lake City, UT (US)

Pros*Arkona was a great place to work and had a fantastic product and surging sales.
    *My last day working for these morons.

ConsThe DMS General Manager manged by "spreadsheet", had no industry experience, brought in a number of people from a "failed" competitor (Reynolds and Reynolds), killed all creativity and synergy, cut all salaries 5% promising to restore it later. It was never restored in my time there. They systematically dismantled the team that had created the success, product and track record and turned this creative and game changing DMS into an also ran. Huge brain drain after acquisition in 2007 at the DMS in SLC

Advice to Senior ManagementToo late. You already ran off and fired all of the talent. I think you may succeed in running a great product into the ground. Sad end to what was once a "game Changer" in the Automotive DMS world.

Great company to work for.

Technology (Current Employee) Groton, CT (US)

ProsActively seeks employee feedback and acts on suggestions. This is the only company I have worked for that not only commits the resources to poll the employees, but actually does act on suggestions. We have a unique "Jam" session yearly where we have three days to interactively propose topics and join others' discussions. Some recent policies aimed at employee satisfaction have come from these sessions.

ConsGoal setting process is too regimented. Would appreciate having my goals be less reflective on company success, but more tuned to my personal progress which will only help strengthen the organization as a whole.

Advice to Senior ManagementFewer meetings that last over thirty minutes.

Technology Company Run By Accountants

Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

ProsQuarterly Bonuses
    Pay on time
    Decent office setup

ConsCIO has no tech background
    Technology decisions made by non-technology people
    Overbearing HR Department has killed all morale
    Does not innovate, just buy companies and run everything else in maintenance mode

Advice to Senior ManagementLet middle managers do their job, they don't need corporate office second guessing everything

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Company with excellent track record and impressive exponential growth since inception in 2001

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Lake Success, NY (US)

ProsTremendous growth and therefore career opportunities and advancement.
    It will become a "one stop shop", very powerful company in the auto retailing industry within the next few years.

ConsGrowth have been mainly by acquisition and there are issues fully integrating different business models and products. Challenges integrating different cultures as well.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake advantage of synergies in the acquisition of new companies and devote time and resources for integrating both business and people into One Dealertrack

Great Company if you Enjoy being treated like 3rd class Citizen

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI have no current pros, but I'd say the base product line (SalesMaker, eCon, Aftermarket, Compliance) were great products that showed a lot of hope and promise.

ConsHR is overbearing and takes favoritism to a new level. The company is more concerned about living from aquisition to aquisition. DT has an employee base that's intelligent, motivated and software geniuses, but instead of imporving the product offerings that are selling, they'd rather just aquire and destroy. Middle Mangement is a Joke. When you have 1 person controlling an entire country, how can you expect to give the company employee ROI? Management in general is a joke. The attitudes of upper management are a disgrace.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn your own products. Train your employees. Treat new hires with respect and dignity. Fire the HR team and rehire a REAL HR team who knows how to keep a business running smoothly, instead of being swayed by favoritism.

Pay is Good, Leadership is Poor

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Sacramento, CA (US)

ProsPay is at or above market average
    Business is growing at a reasonable rate
    Market leader in service offerings

ConsPoor collaboration within business units and across company
    Technology is out-dated
    Innovation is given lip service, but actually discouraged
    Most employees are not appreciated. The favorites can do no wrong.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a balanced view of the behaviors your senior management team (VP/GM and above) is exhibiting and how they demotivate team members. This could be fantastic place to work and great company, but not until you have leaders who inspire and motivate.

Don't work for this company.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsThe pay rate is a good starting salary. The ideas and concepts they have are good.

ConsManagement sucks right from the start. There is no training at all for any of the positions. You go in and they have you watch someone for a day or two then throw you into the job without knowing any of what is going on. Bonus and raises that they try to "gear you up for" are horrible. They play favorites with their employees. The good employees take the fall for the bad ones. They overwork the ones that do know what they are doing. The supervisors won't even take calls if you ask for one they make their level ones or senior techs take them. Their senior support have been on the job less than three months and they are supposed to be the experts. Their Senior Management has no clue what is happening in other departments. It is just a HUGE mess. They have gone down hill the last two years, there is so much wrong about the way they treat their employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementPull your head out of the sand and see what you are doing to your employees.

anonymous

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Lake Success, NY (US)

ProsCompany business is going. Opportunities will be high.

People are really nice.

ConsCost of living is high in New York. Salary in company compared to responsibilities are not good in my case.

Work hours/ Life balance is poor... limited option for work from home.

It didn't turn out good, lack of trust on the management.

Client Support Agent (Former Employee)

ProsFine people to work with. great benefit.

Cons-
    - favourtism of team member rather then looking at indivitual talent.
    - too much BS, so far I never had work with a company with soo much BS.
    - manager not willing to give training for a team member while instead eliminate his/her position and hiring another person for replacement.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease keep your promise.
    - manager is too demanding, too micro managing
    - lack of trust
    - take credits of people too much.

Good place to work!

Product Manager (Current Employee) Lake Success, NY (US)

ProsInnovative. The company is working on lot of exciting projects. With the re-branding and One DealerTrack initiative the company understands it needs to overcome some obstacles, which is a good thing.

ConsSome departments and people at the company resist change and become bottlenecks. A bit of inside politics between some business units go on.

Worked for Dealertrack Technologies? Contribute to the Community!