Dell

3.3 3,519 reviews

Dell Chairman and CEO Michael S. Dell

Michael S. Dell

(2,177 ratings)

Pros
  • work life balance; flexible work hours; empowered individual contributors (in 468 reviews)

• They give you a very nice laptop and dock so you can work from home when needed (in 158 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance can become a challenge; frequent reorganizations affect work quality (in 146 reviews)

• The senior management reporting to Michael is very uneven with a couple of real bozos (in 75 reviews)

More Highlights
3,519 Employee Reviews

People People {eople

IT Consultant (Current Employee) Glasgow, Scotland

ProsGreat cross functional People, Global scope and challanges, Dell is well suited to the employee who is willing to put in the work and live with the fact that colaoration is a part of the job in any Global Enterprise.

ConsConstant directional Changes
    Management mis-alignment

Advice to Senior ManagementLook after your performers,

Dell Response

Jun 30, 2014Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Great to hear your feedback, we also believe our people are our greatest strength! Thanks for sharing!

Dell; close but no cigar

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) London, England

ProsSome good people and friendly and pay is pretty good.

ConsInsipid management, all about sales despite all the talk and career progression is pretty limited.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo any of the middle management actually make a difference or have any real control or influence over what happens? Er...nope. Still I must congratulate you all on excel skills with spreadsheets.

Always fun

Account Director (Current Employee) London, England

ProsSales culture, good view on expenses

ConsStill behaves like a box shifter

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company to work for

Sales Engineer (Current Employee) Bracknell, England

ProsGreat salary. Great work-life balance. Very supportive management. No micro management. Great talented team to work with

ConsNot many. Too many people reporting on the same sales stats. Sales targets are unrealistic so achieving them is near enough impossible. Also, your number is made up of 100s of accounts. Trying to understand if your achievement is correct and verifying the results is impossible!

I've learnt a lot working for dell, but it's a very unstable environment.

Business Consultant (Former Employee) Bracknell, England

ProsThe salary is good, the benefits are standard for a full time / perm job and it's flexible.

ConsJob security; it's a very fast changing company and your job can be relocated or eliminated any time.

Advice to Senior Managementto focus more on long term investment and job security; a lot of people feel very uncomfortable and leave Dell because their job is not safe

Lots of changes going private - wishing the company and employees success for the future

Project Manager (Former Employee)

ProsThe people at Dell tend to be very good - its an incredibly hard environment so people who can't cut it don't last long.

ConsVery short term attitudes due to the market over recent years lots of sudden direction changes - can be very political

Advice to Senior ManagementHold firm on direction of the changes, your team will achieve whats needed as long as they believe it won't be cancelled half way through (gain)

Forward thinking organisation

Account Executive (Former Employee) London, England

ProsCulture, inspiring top tier leadership. Can do attitude

ConsLots of acquisitions are broadening the portfolio to quickly

Great Company to work for.

Finance Analyst (Former Employee) Bracknell, England

ProsChallenging environment, great career opportunities, strong corporate social responsibility.

ConsInternal systems should be more integrated.

Advice to Senior ManagementDelegate more work.

Dell UK

ProsGreat people, great place to work

ConsGet rid of the box shifter mentality

Great place to work, lots of opportunity

ProsConstantly expanding to increase the services and products it supplies to customers, making it a diverse workplace constantly evolving. Lots of opportunity to change and move about. I have worked for many companies and just went back is it is actually up there as a good company to work for.

ConsHeavy home working percentage so offices can feel a bit lifeless sometimes. You have to push to be noticed and to move about. Constant change and restructuring means you can feel unsettled

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to keep internal structures and changes less visible to customers who want consistency in their account teams

Worked for Dell? Contribute to the Community!