Deloitte

3.5 6,229 reviews

Deloitte CEO Joe Echevarria

Joe Echevarria

(1,264 ratings)

Pros
  • There are options for partial telecommuting which contributes to work/life balance(in 425 reviews)

• Great place to start your career as a recent graduate who is looking for experience(in 146 reviews)

Cons
  • As per me not a long term career option for people who give imp to work life balance(in 1093 reviews)

• Literally no work life balance(Or No life only work) as a Center associate(in 221 reviews)

6,229 Employee Reviews

Engaging, challenging, rewarding

Technology Analyst (Former Employee) London, England

ProsGreat career opportunities, impressive team ethic and people always willing to help the new guy! Stimulating work with high expectations to extend you. Lots of opportunities to network and glean information from more experienced members of the firm. They have a keen interest in investing in the individual and are always willing to give you more training.

ConsExpect to pick things up immediately, dumb questions are not looked upon well! They will take as much as you give, so be careful to maintain a good work-life balance.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat internship!

Great team!

Senior Tax Manager (Former Employee) London, England

ProsTechnically excellent team, lots of training, great team spirit

ConsLong hours, low pay, lots of admin work

Great colleagues and variety of work

Senior Manager (Current Employee) London, England

ProsIntelligent and enriching environment for those who want to leverage the talent and resources Deloitte provides

ConsTypical partnership culture can lead to creation of silos of capability and duplication and a sense of competition amongst competencies. Can be a plus sometimes but also frustrating.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork is already underway but need to better harness the talent across competencies to serve the client. Having said that, I think Deloitte does a better job at this then other firms of this scale.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Overall experience

Assistant Manager (Former Employee) London, England

ProsDefined carrier path is clear, quality peers

ConsWork life balance. If you get stuck under a wrong manager game is over.

My experience at Deloitte has been a learning curve

Assistant Manager (Current Employee) London, England

ProsI have grown so much personally and professionally. There arre so many opportunities to learn.
    Career progression in the company is generally quite fast. The culture is also very supporting and mistakes appear to be forgiven easily

ConsWork-life balance is not too good. I have worked many a past midnight finish. You often feel like you have been thrown at a deep end.
    Pay is not amazing.

My experience has been average at Deloitte

Audit Senior Associate (Second Year) (Current Employee) London, England

ProsShare space with Experience people

ConsDeloitte talks about growth in the company however people are sometimes overlooked at the time of promotion which pushes their morale to a low in spite of all the hard work put in the run up to the Promotion period.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink objectively and the efforts each person has put in contributing to the firm at the time of promotion in order to reduce the attrition rate.

Very long hours with big clients

Consultant (Former Employee) London, England

Pros- Good range of exciting recognisable clients
    - Senior management approachable and remember a good job.
    - Good values and brand - ethical stance with clients and work feels just right
    - Potential for travel anywhere in the world IF you meet the right people at the right time
    - Flexible - allowed to work from pretty much anywhere when not working with a client

Cons- Long, long hours of slideshow creation in offices, hotel rooms, trains or at home
    - Extra internal work is tedious (but absolutely required for promotion)
    - High competition for project roles internally can lead to a very competitive, hostile workplace.
    - Salary average
    - Difficult to shift between business units if you feel you are in the wrong area
    - Expected to log on at evenings/weekends if on a project - work life balance a major issue

Advice to Senior ManagementLess focus on utilisation and more on actually resourcing effectively and not based on just 'who you know'.

financial review grad

Prosgood training, work life balance

Conslack of opp for career progression

Great company to work for, great experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros-great intelligent people
    -exposure to various tasks
    -great career perspectives
    -great management

Cons-work life balance is not ideal
    -pressure re tight deadlines

Great people & development

Talent (Current Employee) London, England

ProsExcellent development opportunities. Work internationally.

Conssalaries not the highest, but overall package is good

Advice to Senior ManagementStrengthen commitment to global consistency and alignment,

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!