Delphi

Delphi Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014

Delphi President, CEO, COO, and Director Rodney O'Neal

Rodney O'Neal

Pros
  • Work life balance , learning depending upon the project you land up (in 32 reviews)

• Good work environment, no pressure, good for new ideas and experiment, work standards on par with global standards (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • Company was pretty unstable during the chapter 11 (in 12 reviews)

• In the rapidly-changing automotive industry, if you are not working on key products, it is easy to be redundant (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

Good company to work for, and good opportunities to learn.

Development Team Leader (Current Employee) London, England

ProsGood technical work, good opportunities. excellent test/analysis facilities.

Conslittle experience brought in from outside, lots of graduates make up the work force and technical experience limited to in house training. little in the way of employees benefits, and could do with spending more on social/welfare areas to keep the workforce happy.

Advice to Senior Managementsplash out a little to keep employees feeling valued.

Delphi need to invest in its peoples, and to act instead of reacting...

Project Manager (Current Employee) Gillingham, England

ProsInformal working environment, quite relaxed. Good work/life balance.

ConsLack of HR support. Mobility within the group limited (HR managed locally)
    Everything feel like the individual employee come second (or third, or even more) in order of priority
    Feel like the company is managed week by week, no long term vision/investment.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of your people, or you are going to loose them...

Year in Industry Student

Year In Industry Student (Former Employee) Stonehouse, England

ProsGreat to have paid work for a year.
    Ten other students made it easy to organise house sharing.
    I learned to programme.
    I learned a lot about general internal combustion engine knowledge from the other employees there.
    Good to have industrial experience so early on in my career.

ConsPart of my job involved running a test rig which was very boring.

Advice to Senior ManagementA little more variety in the YINI scheme would have been appreciated.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A company with a lot of opportunity for you to make a real impact if you choose to.

ProsHigh number of graduates so very good work environment. Lots of opportunity for experience across different engineering functions.

ConsSome old school management style.

Advice to Senior ManagementShakeup the old school management style. Give employees more empowerment and flexibility to their working hours. This can only contribute to increased satisfaction with work.

Decent work experience

Student Engineer (Former Employee) Gillingham, England

ProsA wide variety of things to do. Excellent CV booster. They realise you're still a student so let you learn while working.

ConsLots of Excel. Sometimes there can be a lot of downtime where you have nothing to do. Not everything you do will be applicable to your degree.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow students slightly more responsibility. Get a new ticket system. Disallow attachements over a megabyte onto the worldwide mailing list.

A good place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Stonehouse, England

ProsInternational company with good products and customers

ConsSometimes international communications can be a bit hit and miss

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to bring the separate divisions a bit closer together

I was an intern for 1 month and my experience was great.

Intern (Former Employee) Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

ProsPeople working there are very nice and cooperative.

ConsPlace was too noisy, well its an factory after all.

coop program at delphi

Quality Engineer (Current Employee) Kokomo, IN (US)

ProsThe people at Delphi are wonderful to work with, and there are always some very exciting innovations taking place.

ConsLacking in management. The work is slow in comparison to tech companies.

Over all impression

Middle Management (Current Employee)

ProsGood technology company, quality is important, has good people

ConsIs becoming overly financially focused and not as much focused on developing people. Because of this it is getting harder to satisfy customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe less every man for himself and more team execution focused

Decent but not great!!!

Advanced Software Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsGood work life balance, decent pay, standard hike!!!

ConsModerate technology, Monopoly managers, average benefits!!

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed a diverse change in leadership team..

Worked for Delphi? Contribute to the Community!