Delphi

Delphi Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014

Delphi President, CEO, COO, and Director Rodney O'Neal

Rodney O'Neal

Pros
  • Work life balance , learning depending upon the project you land up (in 32 reviews)

• Good work environment, no pressure, good for new ideas and experiment, work standards on par with global standards (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • Company was pretty unstable during the chapter 11 (in 12 reviews)

• In the rapidly-changing automotive industry, if you are not working on key products, it is easy to be redundant (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

Once a Powerhouse- Now Spiraling Down

Engineering Development (Former Employee) Kokomo, IN (US)

Pros26 years of employment before I had enough and jumped. Pay and benefits were decent. In it's day was an exciting place to work and grow your knowledge. Place you were proud to say you worked. I worked hard to get hired by Delco, worked hard throughout my career as a dedicated employee. NEVER expected to leave Delphi... Didn't realize how bad I despised what Delphi had become.

ConsHigh level management no longer valued people or experience of their senior engineers. Continual rounds of cuts just to make budget so exec's got their bonuses. People overloaded and worked 7 days a week on projects without pay over 40 hours because project managers agree to development schedules that are not achievable because they don't have a clue what work is involved.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut management back in the hands of people that have a clue of engineering and design cycles. Realize it's the people that ultimately make the money. They deserve to be treated as human- not robots that have no life outside of work.

OK, but automotive is a tough business.

Project Engineer (Former Employee) Warren, OH (US)

ProsGood supervisors and first level managers. There are opportunities for advancement up to a certain level.

ConsLack of advancement opportunities beyond senior engineering positions. Upper management seemed to be rather cold and uncaring.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on career planning for senior engineering staff.

Internship- Software Engineer

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Ciudad Victoria, Tamaulipas (Mexico)

ProsGood team work, professional environment.

ConsNot a really great salary.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore attention to the good employers.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

materials engineer

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosinternational corporation with much people talent, great benefits, good pay, i worked with a nice group of people, great supervisor

Consno challenge, upper management changed often and only cared for short term goals, like "show me the money NOW", no long-term vision

Advice to Senior Managementtry to look at the long term benefits for the company rather that the short-sighted, fast-fill-pockets for yourselves.

Delphi Bangalore

Lead (Former Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsWork life balance , learning depending upon the project you land up

ConsNo long term vision , Its like walking inside a tunnel

Working as Software Engineer for 3 years

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsBatter Pay package compared to the Rivals in Market
    Good work life balance

ConsNot an ideal company to start your Career
    No Learning Oppertunity,Mostly Support activities for Delphi Europe,Asia Pacific and America regions
    No Training oppertunities provided for Career Growth

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to set up good Training Program for setting up a skilled workforce
    Try to bring more productive work
    Provide Oppertunity of growth to deserving candidates

Very Satisfied!

ProsA lot of opportunities whitin the company

ConsTakes a lot to get them!

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Talented People Interesting Products, and engaging problems to solve

Senior Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) Kokomo, IN (US)

ProsGreat group of smart people working in small teams. Everyone is always willing to contribute and listen to advice.

ConsNot diversified enough to ride through the ups and downs in the auto industry. Managers expect an unrealistic amount of overtime at no pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementSacrifice of core competency during down turns effects the ability to execute when things turn around.

Program Manager

Program Manager (Current Employee) Saltillo, Coahuila (Mexico)

ProsGood work / life balance

ConsLow salary and benefits compare to other companies in the city.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

Avoid this company, especially the Kokomo division.

Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) Kokomo, IN (US)

ProsLots of interesting projects to work on.

ConsTreated like a number. When quarterly results aren't good, management cuts expenses by getting together to decide who they can fire next. Older workers and those that are on sick or pregnancy leave are especially targeted. Management hides this by getting the workers to sign legal releases to prevent them from suing before they will give them any severance money.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your older workers humanely. They have invested much of their lives to help out your company, and now that they are near retirement, you are dumping them on the job market at an age when they will have a difficult time finding another job. You expect loyalty from your employees yet you are not being loyal to them.

Worked for Delphi? Contribute to the Community!