Dollar Tree

Dollar Tree Reviews in Orlando, FL US

Dollar Tree President, CEO, and Director Bob Sasser

Bob Sasser

3 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

A lot of work for little pay

Operations Manager (Former Employee)
Orlando, FL (US)

I worked at Dollar Tree full-time for more than a year

ProsPlenty to do to keep you busy throughout the day.

ConsIt's a lot of work. Even though you are an operations manager, you are spending most of your time stocking shelves and unloading freight from trucks. Most of the time you are understaffed and it is just you and 1 other employee in the store.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange your price points and focus more on training and customer service.

Careless

Freight Processor (Former Employee)
Orlando, FL (US)

I worked at Dollar Tree part-time for less than a year

ProsThe pros of working at Dollar Tree are that of working at any other retail store; you're the first to know what is going on the shelves for consumers.

ConsThe downsides of working at the specific store I worked at was the lack of communication between managers, poor environmental ethics, and the lack of commitment to the productivity and appeal of the store.

Advice to Senior ManagementIndividual stores should be investigated with a keen eye. The success of a store is based on its appearance and how well the manager can manage the day to day routine.

They treat their managers horribly, put in a ton of hours for little salary, and bonuses are imperviable.

Store Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Dollar Tree

ProsYou don't have to wear a dress shirt and tie, just a green polo. No price checks, because everything is a dollar or less.

ConsImpossible to keep a staple items in stock. You work a ton of hours for very little salary compensation. I put in over 100 hours two weeks in a row, because of an assistant manager being out sick. Not even my district manager could get other stores to help out with a manager to fill in. So that meant many days working 6:30am-10:30pm. And the "bonus" guidelines are set up so that they are nearly impossible to achieve.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou get what you pay for with employees. When you can only start associates out at minimum wage (even with experience), do you really expect outstanding productivity

Worked for Dollar Tree? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dollar Tree reviews and ratings in Orlando, FL – including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Dollar Tree CEO Bob Sasser. All reviews are posted anonymously by Dollar Tree employees.