Domino's Reviews

Updated 23 October 2014
3.4

Domino's President, CEO, and Director J. Patrick Doyle
J. Patrick Doyle

Pros
  • Great co-workers, Normally Flexible Hours, Can be a fun atmosphere to work in (in 43 reviews)

• At the store I worked at the people there where easy to work with and helpfully (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • The wear and tear on a person's vehicle can offset the benefits (in 19 reviews)

• Despicable corporate greed while you pay minimum wage to your employees and BELOW (in 31 reviews)

More Highlights

good easy job

Current Employee - Store Manager in Leeds, England
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Leeds, England

I have been working at Domino's full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

easy to get job in Domino,s

Cons

when you first start work its a lot to take in but get easy afterwords. once you know what to do then its good fun.

Great at first, and the appalling treatment later

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Pontefract, England
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Pontefract, England

I have been working at Domino's as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

When you first start there, you are the manager's favourite employee, you get the most hours and get loads of free food

Cons

After a month or so, when new people have been employed, he doesn't give a crap about you anymore, you get about 3 hours a week, and they give all the food to everyone else and if there is any left they just bin it, without even co side ring giving it to a hungry employee. If you are sick (vomiting) they still ask you to come in, which is illegal, as you are not allowed into the food industry for 48 hours after symptoms have stopped. They treat you like dirt and expect you to plan everything else in your life around them. Terrible employer

This store is already failing and we've had the area manager in several times as well as people from higher up. Its great when they're in but as soon as they go its back to how it was before. This needs fixing

Withheld pay, dangerous conditions and general misery.

Former Employee - Team Member in York, England
    Former Employee - Team Member in York, England

I worked at Domino's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The only things I enjoyed about working in Domino's was occasionally getting free pizza!

Cons

Not once was I paid for all of the hours I worked, they once had me working under a damaged ceiling which was coming down due to the extreme weight of coke bottles placed on top of the weak floor upstairs, almost every time as I was leaving my usual 5-11pm shift I was told I HAD to stay until 1am, 3am and even 5am! On top of all this, it took 7 months after having resigned and handed in my uniform for them to officially release me from employment and send my p45.

Make sure the area and store managers have good communication skills.

Hardwork and very Taxing

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Leatherhead, England
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Leatherhead, England

I have been working at Domino's full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Meet new people everyday, great food, alot of different perks.

Cons

bad pay, they employ youngsters and never seem to have enough staff as they are target driver as oppossed to being customer driven.

Start caring for your staff and be a bit more open minded when looking at complaints as some people do it for free food and the staff take the brunt of it, stop being target driven and make better food and service.

its a good place to work but not much to learn.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

I have been working at Domino's part-time (more than an year)

Pros

i love to work in domino's just bcz its just u have to work inside store.

Cons

not much to learn mean just typical work routine every day

there should be technical training for staff.

Great part time job with huge potential

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Woodbury, MN (US)
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Woodbury, MN (US)

I worked at Domino's full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You get what you put into it. I worked 30-40 hours a week and my efforts were certainly recognized. Within three months of working there, I was promoted to Assistant Manager. The GM told me that if I kept up the same pace, in a few years I would have my own store. It was an exciting opportunity and idea, but I was 18 and moving away for college soon. This is a great opportunity for a first job or for a career. As a result of this, I had a wide range of co-workers. For a short time, I was the only girl at our store, but I worked with a range of personalities that were ages 16 through 65. Really, a great group of guys.
    I loved only seeing the customer for 30 seconds, when they finally received their order. High volume works well for me, others maybe not so much. I gained a huge variety of skills from this line of work including getting from A to B and back VERY quickly.

Cons

As with most food service, the tips are hit or miss. I was thankfully located a the Woodbury, Minnesota store which is a growing, rich suburb of the Twin Cities, making my income pretty steady. There are plenty of horror stories in the news about delivery drivers being robbed, their cars being stolen, broken into, etc. Usually, this is in the big cities that are known for high crime rates, (Chicago, New York, L.A.) so choose your neighborhood wisely.
    Working here beat the crap out of my car. I quickly learned how to change my own oil as well as other basic car maintenance for good and bad weather. By the time I moved away, my honda was covered in dents, dings, scratches and had plenty of close calls. The compensation for miles is not good at all, especially with how high gas can spike sometimes.

Companies like Domino's need to take a stand to raise minimum wage and tipped wage. In some states/areas, tipped wages are drastically lower than minimum wage. In Minnesota, there is no difference between tipped and minimum wage, which is the only reason I initially took the job. Think about how many great opportunities are being missed, because people can't live on $2.00 an hour.

Good pay with tips, late hours

Current Employee - Delivery Expert
    Current Employee - Delivery Expert

I have been working at Domino's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Fellow staff tend to be friendly and the customers are generally very appreciative. Generally flexible hours. Minimum wage plus tips makes about $17/hour.

Cons

Beating the clock to deliver on time can lead to dangerous driving or higher stress at work. You will almost always get off around 2am on weekends, which is fine, but can lead to a diminished social life.

The management do a great job of handling stress from higher ups, but some small improvements to store cleanliness etc. would make audits much less stressful.

delivery driver

Former Employee - Driver in Canton, GA (US)
    Former Employee - Driver in Canton, GA (US)

I worked at Domino's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The people I worked with were amazing, the hours were pretty decent.

Cons

The tips could be really crappy sometimes.

Delivered pizzas to an array of college students in a killer college town.

Current Employee - Dominos Delivery Driver in Isla Vista, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Dominos Delivery Driver in Isla Vista, CA (US)

I have been working at Domino's part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Receiving cash tips after each shift is a major bonus of being a delivery driver. In busy store ares such as college towns, big cities and any urban area, really, drivers working part-time earn a solid covering basic necessities. I funded roughly 50-60% of my college out of pocket all thanks to Domino's Isla Vista.!

Cons

Numerous pizza places today cater to the ever-increasing nocturnal population. Shift work is honestly terrible. One day you work until eight or nine in the evening, and all seems well. Next, you're working a double shift until four a.m. the weekend before midterms or finals and scrape a C on your exam. That isn't the terrible part though. Upper management, aka the Franchisees, are generally disrespectful, self-centered and arrogant. To them, we are merely pawns in a giant chess match that ends with not taking the king, but taking in as much money as possible. Isla Vista was a goldmine for Domino's owners. Highly sought after. Our managers ranged from 19-35 years old. Managers earned between $9.00-$14.00 an hour, an hourly wage I earned on a bad night...

Recognize the individuals behind the scenes. The employees putting in 45-50 hours a week for little pay; the managers who are capable of cranking out 20 pizzas a minute simply to keep the "OER" at a high level. It is outrageous that money trumps a person's value as a human being. Take care of of those below, and reap the rewards above. It isn't necessarily about money, either. It is giving employees a drive to excel, a reason for coming to work, a sense of calm knowing they will have the money for next month's bills. Trust me, pay your employees moderately well, provide incentive, treat them with respect and as your equals, and the rest comes together naturally.

Fun place, super long hours.

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Burtonsville, MD (US)
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Burtonsville, MD (US)

I worked at Domino's full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great environment at times. Have fun. Flexible schedule.

Cons

Ridiculously long hours with no breaks.

Give me more money.