Domino's

Updated 28 January 2015
3.4

Domino's President, CEO, and Director J. Patrick Doyle
J. Patrick Doyle

Pros
  • Great co-workers, Normally Flexible Hours, Can be a fun atmosphere to work in (in 45 reviews)

• If you need a flexible schedule, this is the job for you (in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • 80 cents is scratching the surface when it comes to wear and tear (in 19 reviews)

• With any fast food minimum wage job you will get the scum of the earth (in 33 reviews)

More Highlights

Great, not as stressful as other fast food restaurants

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Brighton, England
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Brighton, England

I have been working at Domino's part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Cleaning at my store is very relaxed, have to sweep a few times a day and wipe down some surfaces. When there are no orders you can just chill. Get free pizza when there are extras or mistakes( especially on Tuesday)

Cons

When it's busy the staff on the make line can get pretty scary as they're under stress. Under staffed some times. Can make you go home after 2 hours if it's not busy.

Make sure there is enough staff. Improve the training given as most of the staff members have to find there own way of doing things, this is because everyone is too busy to train new people. Think about having a way of showing people what to do in order to get promotions.

Job for students

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Domino's part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The franchise: flexible hours, easy to do

Cons

Unsociable hours, some customers can be hard work, manages can be difficult, no real benefits even if you work new years eve.

Great at first, and the appalling treatment later

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Pontefract, England
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Pontefract, England

I have been working at Domino's as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

When you first start there, you are the manager's favourite employee, you get the most hours and get loads of free food

Cons

After a month or so, when new people have been employed, he doesn't give a crap about you anymore, you get about 3 hours a week, and they give all the food to everyone else and if there is any left they just bin it, without even co side ring giving it to a hungry employee. If you are sick (vomiting) they still ask you to come in, which is illegal, as you are not allowed into the food industry for 48 hours after symptoms have stopped. They treat you like dirt and expect you to plan everything else in your life around them. Terrible employer

This store is already failing and we've had the area manager in several times as well as people from higher up. Its great when they're in but as soon as they go its back to how it was before. This needs fixing

Withheld pay, dangerous conditions and general misery.

Former Employee - Team Member in York, England
    Former Employee - Team Member in York, England

I worked at Domino's part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The only things I enjoyed about working in Domino's was occasionally getting free pizza!

Cons

Not once was I paid for all of the hours I worked, they once had me working under a damaged ceiling which was coming down due to the extreme weight of coke bottles placed on top of the weak floor upstairs, almost every time as I was leaving my usual 5-11pm shift I was told I HAD to stay until 1am, 3am and even 5am! On top of all this, it took 7 months after having resigned and handed in my uniform for them to officially release me from employment and send my p45.

Make sure the area and store managers have good communication skills.

Hardwork and very Taxing

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Leatherhead, England
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Leatherhead, England

I have been working at Domino's full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Meet new people everyday, great food, alot of different perks.

Cons

bad pay, they employ youngsters and never seem to have enough staff as they are target driver as oppossed to being customer driven.

Start caring for your staff and be a bit more open minded when looking at complaints as some people do it for free food and the staff take the brunt of it, stop being target driven and make better food and service.

its a good place to work but not much to learn.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

I have been working at Domino's part-time (more than a year)

Pros

i love to work in domino's just bcz its just u have to work inside store.

Cons

not much to learn mean just typical work routine every day

there should be technical training for staff.

good easy job

Current Employee - Store Manager in Leeds, England
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Leeds, England

I have been working at Domino's full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

easy to get job in Domino,s

Cons

when you first start work its a lot to take in but get easy afterwords. once you know what to do then its good fun.

Company is 100% awesome, local owner franchisees are not.

Current Employee - General Manager in Columbus, OH (US)
    Current Employee - General Manager in Columbus, OH (US)

I have been working at Domino's

Pros

Team atmosphere, superior marketing, superior training and corporate training/tools, industry leader, usually better than competition, not flipping burgers .

Cons

Franchised companies so local owners can be aweful. Many other store managers/supervisors have terrible owners. No benefits. No paid time off or vacation, unrealistic cash bonus plans.

Don't expect franchisees to do their job or care about anything other than profit. Work directly with store managers and supervisors who desperately need positive and useful support.

Huge opportunities

Current Employee - Upper Management in Seattle, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Upper Management in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Domino's full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The pay is very good compared to all types of similar and not so similar fields. Very competitive environment. If you enjoy winning and being challenged every day this is a good match.

Cons

If you don't have a passion for what your chosen field is don't bother

Get serious in sharing and implementing best practices

Awesome staff.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Mandeville, LA (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Mandeville, LA (US)

I worked at Domino's full-time (less than a year)

Pros

- Great experience for customer service; for using phones at work. You get comfortable speaking to strangers and handling a large variety of situations in the workplace.
    - If you've got the right car for it and don't mind tacking some miles on awfully quick, drivers can make a pretty awesome pay in a day. I've made over 100 dollars in a 6 hour shift before.
    - Honestly, the pizza was awesome.
    - Management was passionate about positive reinforcement, which led to the whole staff being eager to work and overall in a great mood.

Cons

- Delivery driving is really, really detrimental to your car. I started as a driver and quickly switched to customer service rep after realizing how many miles I could burn through in a day. Great money as a driver, on the bright side.
    - Rushes can be extremely stressful.

Management was amazing at both locations I worked at. They were super energetic and positive and not in the cringing way that a lot of "fast food" management is. They also were eager to cross-train and encourage anybody who wanted to learn and took a lot of note in people who went the extra mile and made sure to try to reward them.