Domino's

Updated 16 December 2014
3.4

Domino's President, CEO, and Director J. Patrick Doyle
J. Patrick Doyle

Pros
  • Great co-workers, Normally Flexible Hours, Can be a fun atmosphere to work in (in 45 reviews)

• If you need a flexible schedule, this is the job for you (in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • 80 cents is scratching the surface when it comes to wear and tear (in 19 reviews)

• With any fast food minimum wage job you will get the scum of the earth (in 33 reviews)

More Highlights

good easy job

Current Employee - Store Manager in Leeds, England
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Leeds, England

I have been working at Domino's full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

easy to get job in Domino,s

Cons

when you first start work its a lot to take in but get easy afterwords. once you know what to do then its good fun.

Great at first, and the appalling treatment later

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Pontefract, England
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Pontefract, England

I have been working at Domino's as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

When you first start there, you are the manager's favourite employee, you get the most hours and get loads of free food

Cons

After a month or so, when new people have been employed, he doesn't give a crap about you anymore, you get about 3 hours a week, and they give all the food to everyone else and if there is any left they just bin it, without even co side ring giving it to a hungry employee. If you are sick (vomiting) they still ask you to come in, which is illegal, as you are not allowed into the food industry for 48 hours after symptoms have stopped. They treat you like dirt and expect you to plan everything else in your life around them. Terrible employer

This store is already failing and we've had the area manager in several times as well as people from higher up. Its great when they're in but as soon as they go its back to how it was before. This needs fixing

Withheld pay, dangerous conditions and general misery.

Former Employee - Team Member in York, England
    Former Employee - Team Member in York, England

I worked at Domino's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The only things I enjoyed about working in Domino's was occasionally getting free pizza!

Cons

Not once was I paid for all of the hours I worked, they once had me working under a damaged ceiling which was coming down due to the extreme weight of coke bottles placed on top of the weak floor upstairs, almost every time as I was leaving my usual 5-11pm shift I was told I HAD to stay until 1am, 3am and even 5am! On top of all this, it took 7 months after having resigned and handed in my uniform for them to officially release me from employment and send my p45.

Make sure the area and store managers have good communication skills.

Hardwork and very Taxing

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Leatherhead, England
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Leatherhead, England

I have been working at Domino's full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Meet new people everyday, great food, alot of different perks.

Cons

bad pay, they employ youngsters and never seem to have enough staff as they are target driver as oppossed to being customer driven.

Start caring for your staff and be a bit more open minded when looking at complaints as some people do it for free food and the staff take the brunt of it, stop being target driven and make better food and service.

its a good place to work but not much to learn.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

I have been working at Domino's part-time (more than an year)

Pros

i love to work in domino's just bcz its just u have to work inside store.

Cons

not much to learn mean just typical work routine every day

there should be technical training for staff.

Great place to have a part time job

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Detroit, MI (US)
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Detroit, MI (US)

I have been working at Domino's part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very easy job that doesnt require much skill, and the tips are always a great plus.

Cons

No room to move up, unless a manager leaves or quits and managers dont get paid much more

great jobs

Pizza

I have been working at Domino's

Pros

Good job, good pay, fun fast pace

Cons

Massive stress and pressure, high turn over

Great cash, good food, car damage

Former Employee - Dominos Delivery Driver in Mission Viejo, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Dominos Delivery Driver in Mission Viejo, CA (US)

I worked at Domino's part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fun college job or part time gig. Tips and a drivers rate is tacked on for gas in addition to minimum wadge. Cool people to work with and the chores are really easy.

Cons

The managers are usually really young and immature with very little experience in managing a restaurant. Those who have worked at a store for an extended amount of time are usually disgruntled and malcontent with the pay rate. In one of the years I worked as a driver I put 40,000 city miles on a relatively new car.

The owners were nice and the GM was good, but management let most of the staff get away with a lot of things that most would consider uncouth.

I love my job.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Auburn University, AL (US)

I have been working at Domino's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Friendly people, fun environment, good team work, leftover pizza, plenty of hours. Work during the day is pretty laid back since Auburn is a college town. I love meeting all the different people that call and come in. I have also enjoyed getting to know my coworkers and having a good time with them even if it is a hard day.

Cons

You don't usually get off on time, usually busy which can be a good and bad, some management has superiority complexes sometimes, not always the cleanest restaurant but only because it is such a busy store. You work much harder in the evening and night especially during the bar rush. Sometimes on game days you'll be tempted to take your apron off and run like crazy to get away from the team rivalries and inebriated patrons. Take one phone call and one customer at a time. You can't be superman. Do your best and you shouldn't have a problem. You will always have days that just don't seem to click in the store but you go home and hope tomorrow is better. It usually is.

Treat employees with respect. Your employees will return it ten fold. Yelling only breeds contempt and resentment. I respond much better to constructive criticism rather than be screamed at or berated in front of customers. Take me aside and speak privately. If I as an employee can give you the respect you deserve for being the boss, I believe you can respect me for the days off that I come in to help, the hard work I give you, and the good customer service I provide even though a customer is yelling at me for circumstances beyond my control or beyond anyone's control. We all deserve respect as people and for putting forth the effort to do the job correctly and thoroughly.

Fun good times in traveling with group of traditional characters. People like the pizzas we made big time for a while.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Milwaukee, WI (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Milwaukee, WI (US)

I have been working at Domino's

Pros

Travel and good time when i made use of it. Always something to do there.

Cons

I keep liking the world outside but like fun time when I should be working on more than just company.

Don't get too snobby when you all make life grand