Dun & Bradstreet Reviews

276 reviews filtered by
3.3
Dun & Bradstreet President & CEO Robert Carrigan
Robert Carrigan

Pros
  • The culture is positive and the company values employees work life balance (in 24 reviews)

• D&B had one of best work life balances which I have experienced in my career :) (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • Because D&B is a huge company, implementing ideas or change can be difficult (in 26 reviews)

• Senior management too focused on reaching their numbers (in 15 reviews)

1. Fantastically friendly company with every intention of building you skills to move up the ladder.

Former Employee - QA Tester in High Wycombe, England
    Former Employee - QA Tester in High Wycombe, England

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Trained to do everything needed or wanted to know. Team building days out. Nobody is better than anyone else no matter what your job is. All jobs advertised internally before going to agencies. Pension and private healthcare

Cons

Improving skills to hit monthly targets and gain promotion.

Advice to Management

You couldn't have taken better care of me. My redundancy was upsetting but that's a part of life.

They were the days

Former Employee - Middle Market Sales Leader
    Former Employee - Middle Market Sales Leader

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Expense culture in early 2000 was amazing, anything got a sign off and I mean anything
    UK SD never missed a target and he was inspirational then he left and guess what they missed targets and still do today

Cons

Blureprint for growth, stopped all the fun and we all left. Now they have yes men there and they have no sparkle and v

Advice to Management

Get some balls tell the US to stay away from Europe and invest in technology and product
    They are being left behind and becoming a commodity with both brand and product

3. A mature business unable to rejuvenate itself

Current Employee - Finance in London, England
    Current Employee - Finance in London, England

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Has a solid brand name in some regions

Cons

Not investing long term in people due to re-engineering
    Too slow to keep up with competitors in all markets
    Too much hubris within leadership

Advice to Management

Investors need to think long term as they are losing tacit knowledge among key talent
    Not enough staff year on year to cope with increased workload
    Assess pricing strategy

5. Good place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marlow, England
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marlow, England

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet

Pros

Good communication from management. The organisation is large enough for professional advancement and receptive to new ideas from staff. Generally, I was happy with my wage packet and benefits.

Cons

Too much corporate jargon. And the top down approach to building a corporate culture based on pride for the workplace is less motivational and somewhat more stifling. This is admittedly not a huge problem, but is fairly pervasive.

Advice to Management

D&B is a good place to work, there's no need for all the corporate jargon and enforced team building exercises. People will be happier if they can just get on with their work.

6. Interesting experience - be prepared for constant change

Current Employee - Account Manager in Marlow, England
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Marlow, England

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet

Pros

As long as you know the right people you get far.

Cons

Very short term focus, although think this is slowly changing

Advice to Management

Look beyond the obvious sales mentality, motivate the teams, learn about the other functions in the business

7. Business Development Representative

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet

Pros

great culture and with the new board, they are modernizing the brand

Cons

the different departments seem to not work together very well, I was in the sales dept and the product team seemed reluctant to help

Advice to Management

Keep the forward looking approach.

8. Dun & Bradstreet has a long history but is forward thinking and is a great place to work

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The company is 173 years old but has a very modern approach to doing business. The company works hard every day to adhere to the times. It is made up of wonderful team members and team leaders who work together and help one another. Everyone really works together toward the same goals. It continues to expand and offer new solutions to customers.

Cons

There are still a few team leaders who are a bit "unapproachable" in their way of dealing with other team members. It would be great for them to work with the company's new approach.

Advice to Management

Continue to foster a more open atmosphere with team members, making everyone feel like a true contributor. In addition, continue with great programs such as giving back to the community and to non-profits.

9. data inspired, relentlessly curious, inherently generous - a company living up to core values

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

In my 4 years at Dun and Bradstreet, the company has transformed. An experience that started for me as pushing boulders uphill at an old company has transformed into a modern culture that challenges my own perception of what is possible. Opportunities for internal promotion, and investment that has brought new perspective from the outside. Embraces modern technology. A culture that enables collaboration as opposed to political competition. An opportunity to work at a company that influences business relationships, and even the global economy. It's difficult to find this, and I am grateful that I accepted the challenge.

Cons

This depends on your perspective. Change can be a challenge, and while my first couple of years felts like we were taking steps backwards, we are now taking leaps forward.
    -Ambiguity in the trenches at times
    -Large scale change
    -You must be wiling to accept the challenge
    -Depending on your leader, you must be willing to stand up and make your way
    -Approach to comp is good, but not excellent
    -Some parts of the org have new leaders still making their own way
    -Other parts of the org have old leaders striving to hang on

Advice to Management

To the executives and even the board. Stay the course. What started in 2014 is absolutely transforming the company. I have experienced change and new leadership at other highly respected companies (Fortune 500). NEVER, have I seen so much dedication and excitement from the organization. I am eager to see the HBR articles and books written about this time.

10. Excited for the recent re-branding, however, data assets need to evolve with the times.

Current Employee - Relationship Manager
    Current Employee - Relationship Manager

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The work/life balance is great and the new CEO and executives are driving many positive changes to the company. The brand is the crown jewel of the company and the re-branding will help increase awareness and understanding of what the company does. The company has finally built a long term strategy around partnerships which is refreshing to see. The company is making headway In terms of strategic direction of the "products" in focusing more on predictive analytics.

Cons

The challenges include receiving targets and commission plans well into the first quarter every year so it is extremely difficult to understand goals/objectives out of the gate on a new year. The health benefits keep getting worse each year (although that is a common theme across all companies) and the salaries are not always consistent across the company. The salaries don't always reflect the contributions of the individual or position within the company and need to be addressed. The data assets need to improve and management needs to stop thinking that the core assets are always the best in class.

Advice to Management

Love the changes in culture as well as strategic focus of the company. However, don't forget that the core data sources need to be updated and improved as well. Upper management preaches "outside-in" and the data organization really needs to take this to heart.

11. Very Solid Company

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet

Pros

New senior management a great plus.

Cons

Like any larger company sometimes all voices are not heard.

Advice to Management

Listen to the troops