Dun & Bradstreet Reviews

Updated 6 April 2015
275 reviews filtered by

1. Senior Sales Executive with 27 years experieince

Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great Brand, Great Value, great company

Cons

Glass ceiling, opportunities minimal at certain levels

Uptight company to work for

Former Employee - Relationship Manager
    Former Employee - Relationship Manager

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good pay, decent opportunity for growth/career advancement

Cons

Very political to navigate and management is constantly changing.

Focus & execution challenged

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Short Hills, NJ (US)
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Short Hills, NJ (US)

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people. Worklife balance exists in most parts of the org. CEO is very personable and approachable. Company is in good financial status. Getting more modern with policies (e.g. dress code).

Cons

Product innovation is talked about, but lacking in execution. Don't expect funding/resources to help achieve your objectives. Seems like there are so many groups that want to do their own thing which really translates to a lack of focus across the company (the CEO is trying to correct this). Despite a new HR Leader, HR/Recruiting is embarrassing and could use a severe overhaul. My experience as a prospect/new hire was poor. I also recommended a friend for a job...her experience during the interview process was less than desirable. Office locations are spread out - probably too much for a company of this size & many employees work remote. Beware if you like to have actual human interaction.

Advice to Management

Take a good hard look at the recruiting/new hire process and find ways to improve it.

Time wasters

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company pays excellent package and that's it

Cons

Don't know where to start but here you go

1. Complete organisational chaos in Dublin office. They pretend to show that they are in full control but reality is completely opposite
    2. Many people doing the same job causing confusion and frustration
    3. Your roles and responsibilities are not clearly defined so during your performance review your manager can write whatever
    4. Sometimes you are hired for a role but then you are not allowed to do that role, you end up doing something rubbish. This is because of the politics within the group (mainly management). Just waste of your time and to some extend ruining your career
    5. You will not be included in the key meetings or discussions where you must be participating, keeping you completely blind of the facts. There are deliberately many side discussions to avoid certain people to participate

Advice to Management

On papers you may be completing the hills but reality is far from it. Culture needs to change drastically.

6. D&B - Great Company

Former Employee - Senior Divisional Operations Manager in New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Divisional Operations Manager in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great culture, training, and fast-paced promotions.

Cons

Pay was average - could be higher.

Advice to Management

Increase salaries for employees who are promoted often and are willing to relocate for the company.

Couldn't leave fast enough

Former Employee - Human Resources in Short Hills, NJ (US)
    Former Employee - Human Resources in Short Hills, NJ (US)

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet full-time

Pros

I had a decent commute. Cafeteria was well-priced. Good location, near Mall at Short Hills. Bathrooms were always clean.

Cons

Job wasn't as described at interview. I quickly discovered that managers will steal employees' ideas and present it to senior leaders as their own - happened to me a few times. HR thinks they're truly global strategists because salaries are on par with larger companies. Long-tenured mgrs isn't a positive thing here, b/c they have no new ideas and its like inbreeding. Glad I'm outta there!

Advice to Management

Clean house of long-tenured employees, especially in HR. Develop long-term growth plans for each department before spontaneously going on hiring sprees, only to fire months later.

Business Analyst

Former Employee - Business Analyst
    Former Employee - Business Analyst

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet

Pros

-Flexible Schedule
    -Lots of paid time off

Cons

-pay isn't competitive
    -every aspect of work moves slowly and everyone seems just fine with that, except for the customers.
    -High attrition rates

Advice to Management

Take a risk on doing something special for your customer base or risk toppling a company that's been around for centuries.

Not all that's cracked up to be

Former Employee - Project Manager in New Providence, NJ (US)
    Former Employee - Project Manager in New Providence, NJ (US)

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

D&B has many divisions, it is possible to move from one to another. Co. has a good dreputation. Most people look favorably to your having worked there.

Cons

Management weaknesses. Top level executives, and even middle managers spend more time and effort pursuing their own agendas than the company agenda. There is a lot of political infighting. Your future depends on the future of your management team to a large extent.

Advice to Management

Upper management needs to set the example. So far, what one gets from upper management is "I have my golden parachute, do you?" The company could use salary and other incentives for non-management salaried employees, who carry the burden of "performance" but do not share the profits like upper management does.

Its like working for a 200 year old company.

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet full-time

Pros

The company has a high tenure of employees which is the best indication that the company takes care of the employees.
    Great work life balance and good pay for the job.

Cons

The company has an extremely niche focus which can be a long term career liability.
    Internal mobility is limited.
    The company has a new leadership as of late last year, but limited changes have happened under the new management.

Advice to Management

Promote a culture of meritocracy.

Good company...smart people

Current Employee - Senior Sales in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Sales in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

D&B has many long term employees who are very smart and good to work with. The culture is positive and the company values employees work life balance. Compensation and benefits are good.

Cons

D&B is very bureaucratic. If you can't tolerate a highly process and compliance driven culture it's not the company for you. As a sales rep it can be particularly challenging because the perception is that the company is not customer focused. Additionally D&B needs to accelerate the focus on developing products customers can consume today in the area of advanced analytics. New business development is a challenge.

Advice to Management

D&B has a new C-level leadership team in almost every position. I think they will streamline internal processes because if they don't the company will be unable to grow. It is a "transformational" time at D&B. Much like other companies either we innovate, die (or get bought :).