DynCorp International Reviews

Updated 25 August 2014
Updated 25 August 2014

3.4

James Geisler

Pros
  • Good pay even though you are in a war zone (in 25 reviews)

• Hours of operations, Great people to work with, "By the book" maintenance (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management does not know what is going on or how to run the program (in 11 reviews)

• Being away from home, but that's expected when signing up (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

EL SALVADOR CSL NAVAIR/GSE CFTs AUDIT needed Records, tool-control, PMs need QA checks Complete/Maint/safety IAW-NAVAIR.

Current Employee - QA Insp U S Comm/Airframes MRO E S Intl Airport  in  San Salvador (El Salvador)
    Current Employee - QA Insp U S Comm/Airframes MRO E S Intl Airport in San Salvador (El Salvador)

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

DynCorp Intl CFTs NAVAIRGSE Maint/Support CSL-1 EL SALVADOR was good in the early years when the team was fresh in 2001.

Cons

Problem is that the same CFT has been on site for 13yrs and the maintenance, slacking with no expert QA/oversight.

Surprise Secretly Audit the site from Corporates Higher Echelon of experts, to many friends in lower network leak AUDITS to their buddy network.

Love this company.

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company is full of intelligent, helpful, team players.

Cons

The company has made benefit cuts to compete with this poor economy. I hope once the economy turns around the company will remember that the employees gave up benefits in bad time hoping to have them returned with good times.

Remember to coach and mentor your employees, they are an investment.

HR

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Fort Worth, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX (US)

I worked at DynCorp International full-time

Pros

Nice people, compensation is decent, good work-life , no personal growth

Cons

Low employee moral, no raises in several years..at least let employees wear jeans for moral, leadership is old school, benefits USED to be good, not anymore. Office culture is boring compared to new trendier companies.

Work on employee moral with little things that go a long way.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Did not provide a timely response to a hazmat health issue

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at DynCorp International full-time

Pros

It is an international company, perhaps the adventure to other countries, cultures, however the market is changing, expect a reduction in positions overall.

Cons

Lack of response from headquarters, even after I emailed the CEO about the issue. I requested a change of work area from local management, that was denied. It was a health hazard to all workers, including other military groups, and contract company employees. I heard in the aftermath, people have issues talking, are coughing, have headaches. Why do large corporation, supposedly experts in the field lack adequate procedures to prevent future health issues that their employees may experience. Not my idea of a company with great values, and the values they say is there operational foundation.

No training in my field of IT. Corporate headquarters was not timely in IT issues, in adding support to overseas base. The management does not have the skill or the knowledge to adequately create an efficient and effective IT service level. No training in my field of IT. Corporate headquarters was not timely in IT issues, in adding support to overseas base. The IT management, locally and at the headquarters, does not have the skill or the knowledge to adequately create an efficient and effective IT service level.

I advised the management, never heard back. The CEO was replaced, however I doubt it was due to my email. Does management read this.... I doubt it.

Workers make companies money, why allow future suffering from health issues?

PMO offices do not work well with their subordinates.

Current Employee - Mentor  in  Kabul (Afghanistan)
    Current Employee - Mentor in Kabul (Afghanistan)

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time for more than a year

Pros

The pay is OK.
    Because of a Twenty (20) word minumim I need to make up additional pro items. I wish I could make something up.

Cons

A PMO office that feels that the employees in the field work for them and not the other way. PTO is not very good.

Teach your PMO office how business works. Do not let your ego determine who is fired. The ego in the PMO office lost thousands of dollars in profit, erased goodwill with teh customer and any future customer input will prevent a follow on contract.

Not as good as it sounds

Current Employee - Heavy Wheel Mechanic  in  Fort Bliss, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Heavy Wheel Mechanic in Fort Bliss, TX (US)

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time for less than a year

Pros

The pay is still higher than most positions in el paso of the same skill set.

Cons

as far as contractor work goes, the pay is on the low end. Provided benefits will cost you a third of your pay check. Supervision is fifty fifty on getting a competent supervisor or not. Will get laid off soon after hire due to poor hiring schedules.

Figure out who are your best assets, and do not lay them off, especially when they have more time working for you than others recently hired for the same position.

Hire competent leads to do the job. The lead should be able to handle all tasks assigned to them, and not bend the rules for coworkers they are friends with.

Good experience, some communication was lacking

Former Employee - DMT Specialist  in  McLean, VA (US)
    Former Employee - DMT Specialist in McLean, VA (US)

I worked at DynCorp International as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

the location was easily accessable. People were pleasant to work with

Cons

Communication of plans for duration of project were lacking

Very disappointed with the there process at DIFZ, if your a US citizen

Current Employee - Procurement Analyst  in  Kabul (Afghanistan)
    Current Employee - Procurement Analyst in Kabul (Afghanistan)

I have been working at DynCorp International as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

A great opportunity to develop work in different areas of the company

Cons

Management needs more leadership skills and people skills before making judgement calls on a business/personal matters.

Management needs to be more aware of the policy and procedures they put in place for the company and employees not just a certain race or group of people. Management needs to be aware of the political games of there Managers they have on the ground instead of investigating the matter on there own.

A company with no sense of direction

Current Employee - Finance
    Current Employee - Finance

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The lower level of management and their staff are very good hard working people.
    Compensation is good
    Benefits are Ok
    Challenging tasks

Cons

Management has no sense of direction
    Too many changes in organization structure
    Too many VP’s & Sr. Directors
    Poor training for new hires
    Very poor HR department it is all about protecting the company but not the employee
    Too many complaints never addressed
    Poor employee moral
    Favoritism
    No merit increase for the last 3 years
    Constant increasing benefit cost
    Reduced 401K company match
    The business is decreasing and poor business development
    Do not care about employee’s wellbeing or their life outside of work the company is demanding more hours.
    Directors and up are very demanding and very good at blaming others

Need to clean house, take care of your hard working people

Interesting

I worked at DynCorp International full-time for more than a year

Pros

This company is known for quick hire.

Cons

They hire from all over the world. This may cause some problems if you are not accustomed to working with foreigners.

Better screening of who you put in charge.

Worked for DynCorp International? Contribute to the Community!