EDF Trading

Be The First To
Add Photos

EDF Trading Chief Executive John Rittenhouse

John Rittenhouse

Good experience working for a leading trading firm

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) London, England

ProsPeople, experience, interesting transactions, international firm

ConsProcesses are a bit cumbersome.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore focus on training.

Good but no where near brilliant

ProsSalary is OK and so are bonuses. Good atmosphere.

ConsNo chance of progression. Hours can be very long when providing support.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive us a chance to progress

Analyst Developer - London

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) London, England

ProsPleasant space to work in.
    Friendly people.
    Management recognizes hard work through bonus.
    Challanging, growing company which currently lets you explore new technology as long as you meet your deadlines.
    Good benefits.
    Salary is little less than market rates.

ConsFlat structure not many opportunities to advance.
    Pompus people in strategic areas (but that's the case everywhere).

Advice to Senior ManagementGive more opportunity for advancement, hire more people.
    Pay a little better.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Bonus of Good, lack of opportunities - to gain exposure in other areas of commodity trading which I do not know,

Business Analyst (Current Employee) London, England

ProsGood Pension
    Bonus
    Good Benefits
    Exposure towards Building ETRM systems in house
    More responsibility - Business Analysis + Project Management

ConsNo encouragement to get PRINCE 2 qualification or any other qualification for that matter
    Lack or no training
    No opportunities to get projects in the areas I do not know or have less experience

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease put career growth plans in place for employees - identify growth plans and help employees to achieve the plan
    More investment in employees

There is no royal road to success

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) London, England

ProsFriendly and helpful colleagues and pleasant, well-equipped office. Good salary and conditions. Training program well established, and excellent sponsorship opportunities for employees. The core business of EDFT is very interesting.

ConsBuck-passing culture, Inability to manage progress against strategic company goals. Senior management are not respected within the company. Interminable meetings! High staff turnover, low morale.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop searching for magic solutions that will solve all your problems at once. Need to start promoting effective teams and teamwork. You must see that there is a reason nothing progresses, despite a strong desire for change. You should be looking for incremental change, a culture of delivery from unified teams, and a resulting boost in company morale.

A great company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsA great place to start and grow. Good starting salaries and performance based bonuses. Many young professionals keep it competitive; many whom are hungry to move up. Good training programs and opportunities to jump to other areas if you can show initiative. Very flexible in terms of family/work life. If the company is successful, everyone enjoys the spoils.

ConsUK/NA/Paris office differ in culture and direction. Sometimes it seems as though the EDF machine stalls with lack of clear objectives. There are some that have been there since the Lehman era that have hit a wall and really don't bring anything new to the company. Retention for top talent is not great. Bonuses for trading isn't just performance or book based but how the company does overall. Some good performing traders get shafted while others who get by reap in the benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's hard to steer the North American ship with UK and Paris at the helm but try to become more independent. Great business model.

Still going through growing pains .

IT Support (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsGreat culture and environment
    Good benefits
    Constant Challenges to keep you sharp.
    Access to new technology.

ConsManagement still learning how to manage
    Constant turnover n company officials.
    Minimal to no bonuses
    Hard to get a raise even to meet inflation.
    They have not figured out their identity yet. Shifting business strategies .

Great Job but no direction for the company.

Analyst (Former Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsIt is a great work atmosphere. Culture and Values are very good. Compensation and Bonus structure is very nice. Good amount of perks. Back Office is well structured but its too top heavy.

ConsCompany has no sense of direction, Back Office is ok, but Front Office downsizes alot and then hires alot, retention rate is terrible. Senior Mgmt gives out mixed signals on growth. They do not take risks at all.

Advice to Senior ManagementFigure out how to structure EDF's relationship with EDF Trading in London, and figure out the relationship between EDF Trading in London with EDF Trading North America.

EDF Trading North America

Power Trader (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsA great place to learn, grow, and propel your career.

ConsThe office location in Houston is not ideal for those who live inside the loop.

My intern experience

ProsCoworkers were willing to help

ConsThere wasn't an organized internship program

Worked for EDF Trading? Contribute to the Community!