ESPN

ESPN Reviews

Updated Jul 15, 2014

ESPN President John Skipper

John Skipper

Pros
  • clearly the leader in sports media and technology and part of the Disney family(in 11 reviews)

• Great team, Awesome work life balance, Opportunity to learn(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • The scale on Work/Life balance is definitely tilted toward work(in 11 reviews)

• Long hours and traveling was constant(in 17 reviews)

Great people, great atmosphere to work in...Bristol is a pretty boring place to live.

Software Engineer II (Current Employee) Bristol, CT (US)

ProsAt ESPN, there are tons of great and knowledgeable people to meet and work with everyday. The campus is gorgeous and there are multitude of employee perks and benefits. The salary is extremely competitive depending on your level of experience.

ConsIt does seem like everyone wants to be on TV. There is a slight lack of respect for the behind the scenes tech-folks outside of the technology department. Bristol CT is not the most fun place on the planet (sarcasm). Other than that, no much negative to say.

Great work environment. Relaxed yet professional.

Manager Promotions (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsEnergetic and lively work atmosphere. A very youthful mindset is pervasive throughout the company. Must have something to do with being in the sports and entertainment arena.

ConsHonestly, none come to mind. There may have been certain issues with certain people, but that would be a part of any workplace, so I can't really list it as a "con" as it pertains to working at this company.

Great place to work, but too much bureaucracy

ProsLots of opportunities to learn about various aspects of live TV. Exciting work environments.

ConsAwful pay. Too many power hungry managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward people for their hard work like you claim to do.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

UX Design

ProsGreat campus, famous visitors, interesting content

ConsA lot of politics, average culture, trying to be more forward thinking and collaborative

ESPN

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA (US)

ProsGreat experience, amazing opportunities and lots of young working professionals.

ConsBig organization with slow decision makers. Bad leadership.

It's a fun place to work overall but compensation is poor and employees are overworked

Promotions Coordinator (Former Employee) Cleveland, OH (US)

ProsGreat for networking, great employees, work hard-play hard atmosphere, management is willing to listen to input from all employees, management really cares about employees

ConsApproach leads to a reactive culture, philosophy is great on paper but isn't successfully applied, compensation is poor, lack of resources

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend less time thinking about how to do things and more time anticipating possible outcomes

Good and bad like almost any corporation

ProsLaid back, cutting edge, a dream for sports fans.

ConsMessy middle management, constant re-orgs, lack of growth

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate and promote from within

great

Senior Cp TV (Former Employee) Bristol, CT (US)

Prospeople, resources, access, life, location

Conspeople, location, size, food, cafeteria

on field, great experience that I didn't realize would show me the intro into Sport Management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosup-tempo, quick paced, very nice people, name brand, ESPN!

Consjust demanding and right then and there type of thing

Fun company but didn't feel respected

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat facilities gym cafeteria fun environment

Conseveryone wants to be on tv no respect for the back office

Worked for ESPN? Contribute to the Community!