Eastman Kodak

Eastman Kodak Reviews

Updated Jul 20, 2014

Eastman Kodak Chief Executive Officer Jeffrey J. Clarke

Jeffrey J. Clarke

Pros
  • Work-Life balance, benefits, salaries, were excellent in the R&D departments(in 27 reviews)

• Excellent managers who had a vested interest in developing good people(in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • Atmosphere was not very good after going in to Chapter 11 in 2012(in 18 reviews)

• Upper management is absolutely blind to any holes in their strategy(in 18 reviews)

Great people, poor strategy

Sales Manager (Former Employee) London, England

ProsGreat people, good salary and benefits. The people work really hard to make things happen despite any red tape. Overall during the years it has been a good company to work for but latterly not so great.

ConsPoor long term strategy. Atmosphere was not very good after going in to Chapter 11 in 2012. Not sure how long the company will survive in to 2014 and beyond.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook to the future and embrace technology

Good workplace, but could not survive

Research Assistant (Former Employee) Cambridge, East of England, England

ProsGood teams, interesting research projects. Good people to work with (including the managers). Great work/life balance.

ConsDifficult to get permanent position. Low-average salary range for contractors. Closed down due to economic recession. Inconsistent policy for awarding scientific contribution.

Excellent working environment

Operations Account Coordinator (Current Employee) London, England

ProsFlexible working hours
    Good training
    Excellent working environment
    Good staff sales

ConsLimited progression oportunities due to current situation of the company

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not bad salary and health insurance but no growth.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Harrow, England

ProsFlexible work arrangements.
    OK salary.
    Quite ok atmosphere at work.

ConsNo growth resulting in no future.
    Bankruptcy protection.

Advice to Senior ManagementTime to end this game.

Great family oriented company

Financial Analyst (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsGreat talent. Laid back culture

ConsCompany culture declined when film declined

Review for Dayton, OH facility

Management (Former Employee) Dayton, OH (US)

ProsExcellent people, communication and vision within Dayton, OH facility. Departments worked well together to achieve site specific goals. Culture was excellent at one point, but has dramatically decreased with the involvement of corporate mandates.

ConsCorporate bureaucracy; performing non-value added activities due to outdated corporate policies; making decisions "across the board" instead of business unit specific. Leadership within the Dayton facility was excellent until corporate brought in management from other business units.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a step back and start eliminating non-value added activities. Do not continue to perform tasks because "that's the way we've always done it."

Excellent Company to work for.

Systems Software Engineer (Former Employee)

ProsResearch and Design peers are top notch.

ConsConstant risk of layoffs and pressure of doing more with less employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet R&D make more business decisions and not marketing.

Great educational and experiential growth in 80s and 90s.

Product Management Director (Former Employee) Rochester, NY (US)

ProsThe company has great and very talented people in a great mid-sized city. The time off policies and benefits are still good.

ConsSome of the recent hires are not as qualified as those who have been around a while. There are some gems, but mostly people are hired because they knew someone from HP.

Advice to Senior ManagementInkjet won't make it. You need to find a business that is profitable. It is too bad you sold all of the profitable businesses to go after inkjet. J&J just sold Clinical Diagnostics for $4 billion, Eastman Chemical is highly profitable, Carestream Health has grown significantly, .... and there are many more.

More than 20 years of transition.

ProsMany great people working here. Time off is good for years of service.

ConsDepending on unit, office culture can be terrible. Training is less than minimal with most training occurring solo on the job.

Advice to Senior ManagementMost issues that are common through out Kodak can be resolved by a strict adherence to our company core values.

Great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat pay and benefits. A lot of great people that work there.

ConsVery poor upper management that made Kodak fall apart.

Advice to Senior ManagementShame on you!

Worked for Eastman Kodak? Contribute to the Community!