Eaton

Eaton Reviews

Updated Apr 21, 2014

Eaton CEO & Chairman Sandy Cutler

Sandy Cutler

Pros:
  • "Reasonable benefits, work life balance depending on team, reasonable compensation"
    in 35 reviews
  • "Good educational program and lots of opportunities to move up the company with some sacrifices"
    in 10 reviews
Cons:
  • "Lots of Over-time is an expectation of employment, so work life balance is not supported"
    in 13 reviews
  • "If employees are working such long hours they at least need time away with their families"
    in 10 reviews

Nowt
Nothing
Zero
N/A
There are no Pros. I have to use 20 words but i'm just going to finish by saying. THERE ARE NO REASONS TO WORK FOR EATON

ConsEverything.

Managers are spineless and are only out for themselves

Pay is not what it says on this site, it is about 10k lower

Corporate structure is favored against progression through the company

Unrealistic expectations and complete lack of understanding of the job from management

Managers who have it in their title but don't actually manage anything

People placed in positions because they have higher friends as opposed to actually able to do the job

Crap atmosphere within the office

Sales driven engineering, as opposed to engineering driven sales

Specials are more common than actual products

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit

Make life easier for people who actually work by doing your job

Make it at least possible to progress and not have to lick the sweetcorn from your crack to do so

Overall an ok company but not in the UK

Project Manager (Current Employee)
Glasgow, Scotland

I have been working at Eaton full-time for more than a year

Prosgood work life balance, company has a good reputation as a place of work especially in the USA

ConsSenior management strategy is not aligned from one location to the other. A lot of time is spent on the politics between different division and level of management. Jobs are not really getting done. Attrition rates are very high with UK. I have worked for the company for 18 months and nothing really got done in all this time. Very slow to react and generally feels like going in circles.

Advice to Senior ManagementDiversification is what keeps company afloat however there has to be a unified strategy across different division. More attention should be paid to removing internal power straggle and competition between different locations and divisions.

Accountant

Accountant (Former Employee)
Cleveland, OH (US)

I worked at Eaton part-time for less than a year

ProsValuable training. People will have to deal with multi-tasks, which makes people grow very fast. Work-life balance is encouraging and excited for employees.

ConsFocus on policies and rules, which is a little too strict to some extent. Competitive and intense working condition.

Good Company

Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Eaton full-time for more than 5 years

ProsCareer, development, performance evaluation, culture

Conspolite, some process, sometime is very slow to react

Advice to Senior Managementtake care more about your team.

Great Company

I have been working at Eaton

ProsGood benifits, employeesare really engaged in success.

ConsManagers are not always the strongest leaders, many young managers that just do not have the experience yet.

Eaton is a dynamic place to work- great people, opportunities for growth and development, and values everyone supports.

Talent Acquisition (Current Employee)

I have been working at Eaton full-time for more than a year

ProsEaton has a values-based culture and builds its reputation on doing business right. Our people are our greatest asset and it shows. You have to be at work at least 40-50 hours a week and it makes such a difference in your quality of life when you truly enjoy being around your coworkers. I have made some lifelong friendships and professional connections while being at Eaton, and those are invaluable for me. Everyone is really happy and enjoys what they do. We hire really great people!

ConsCompensation and benefits are slightly above market value, but you might be able to get a higher-paying job somewhere else. I think the benefits, work-life balance, values, opportunities for growth, and corporate culture is what keeps people here. Eaton has a traditional culture. It isn't a start-up tech company and doesn't have all the bells and whistles that might come with a trendy new company.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to continue to maintain internal equity and reward accomplishments more frequently.

Lots of opportunity for development

I have been working at Eaton full-time for more than 5 years

ProsProcess driven, global company with a successful record of financial performance and strong growth through acquisitions. Many opportunities for career advancement, with mature talent management processes and good relocation policy. You will likely work with many very smart, driven, capable professionals, who will further contribute to your learning and development. Outstanding CEO.

ConsMany processes and requirements from large corporate structure can be burdensome for the businesses and plants, and sometimes you encounter people who execute processes for the sake of the process without considering the cost/benefit equation.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep working on creating more diversity and inclusion in the workforce and management team.

Great Team work experience and strong HR system

Asia Talent Acquisition Manager (Former Employee)
Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I worked at Eaton full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat place for HR people with a lots real practice

ConsWork-life balance issue, need to work more on it

Company with good entry-level opportunities

Cleveland, OH (US)

I have been working at Eaton full-time for less than a year

ProsEaton offers development programs in multiple functions like engineering, HR, finance, IT, and others, and these are rotational programs that provide a good start to a career. There is a heavy emphasis on professional development and getting to know the company and the leadership. My experience has been very positive so far.

ConsEaton is in the engineering and manufacturing industry, and as such isn't exactly an innovative or fast-moving company.

Large, safe, conservative, fortune 500 company that pays the bills.

Senior Control Systems Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Eaton full-time for more than 5 years

ProsI worked as an electrical engineer. Average to good compensation. Employee concerns are taken seriously. Serious effort is made to keep employees happy.

ConsYour typical bureaucratic problems with large companies. HR, supply chain, IT, purchasing, environmental & health, all make it really difficult to get actual work done.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a serious and realistic look at your safety policy. Is it actually improving the company?

Worked for Eaton? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Eaton reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Eaton CEO Sandy Cutler. All 387 reviews are posted anonymously by Eaton employees.