Echo Global Logistics

Echo Global Logistics Reviews

Updated Jul 12, 2014

Echo Global Logistics CEO and Director Doug Waggoner

Doug Waggoner

Pros
  • Echo Dallas has a great work environment for someone who wants to work hard and play hard(in 18 reviews)

• kickball team on thursdays, softball team on tuesdays, beer fridays and happy hours regularly(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Also, the commission structure is nearly impossible to get to in the first year-don't believe what they tell you(in 11 reviews)

• Base Salary sucks and it takes a while to build business(in 5 reviews)

Make Your Career

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsYoung, casual work environment and fast paced industry. Company growth does offer opportunities for recent graduates to try explore new career paths. Hard work does not go unnoticed. Summer softball leagues, beer fridays and corporate funded parties don't hurt

Consif you are starting in a sales role be prepared for challenges, it's a competitive industry that takes some time to get adjusted to.

Advice to Senior Managementfurther encouragement of employees to bubble up ideas. the ears are open but i'm not sure the right avenues for communicating messages from the floor have been established

Little career potential

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsYoung fun environment (softball, flag football, and bowling leagues). Casual dress code. Friendly coworkers and management.

ConsLong hours, changing commission structures, and little opportunity for career growth.

Great entry level position

Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsYoung work environment, casual attire, after work activities

ConsTerrible commission structure, low salary

Advice to Senior ManagementChange commission structure

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Have fun while expanding your skill set

Client Sales Representative (Former Employee) Nashville, TN (US)

Prosyou are in charge of managing the accounts you close

great people with laid back yet competitive office enviroment

transportation not your typical cubical job and gain transferable skill set

Conscustomers and carriers often get angry and mouth off to you but you just have to grin and bear it

Advice to Senior Managementcontinue on the path we've seen recently adding more levels of managment and making teams smaller so reps get more one on one attention

Echo Global Logistics has been phenominal in their training process.

Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

ProsThe cool thing about working at Echo Dallas is that we have tons of outuside events that keep the job fun and interesting.

ConsThe only challenge that I feel that may be a problem is moving up within the company after working here for a while. There are a ton of smart people that work here so the competition is pretty tough.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Young, Energectic, and Diverse

ProsAtmosphere-never once do I feel like I am "at work"
    Knowledge- You have the ability to learn not only about transportation, but other industries as well.
    Opportunity- Any sales rep, regardless of tenure has the ability to close large accounts.

ConsLost in the shuffle- Sales Reps can get lost in the shuffle, do to the large Sales Teams.
    Support Units- Echo is a sales organization, so some departments may only have 4-5 people assigned to them making some tasks difficult to get done.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on creating and rewarding other opportunities within the company. Sales support is a big contributing factor to Reps Success.

Echo Dallas - The Job and Career I've been looking for

Client Sales Representative (Current Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

ProsWhen I walked in the doors I could tell this was not like any place I'd ever worked, and I've been my own boss... CEO and COO of 2 small businesses operated in Dallas.

The work environment, while rigorous, is a very positive learning and coaching environment, as well as being very transparent. I can email the CEO and get a response from him directly in the same day. There's no one too big in the company to reach out to with a concern, idea, suggestion, or insight. That coming from an 8 year old, Billion dollar, Publicly Traded company? "Yeah Right" is what you're thinking, but it's entirely true.

The leadership in the office is involved, but not at the micro-management level (unless you thrive on micro-management). There's freedom of setting your own pace for your day and getting accomplished what needs to be done in a manner that you can handle.

I can't imagine working anywhere else, at this point, unless I won the Lottery and never had a need for it. Even still, I'd be tempted to come in and run a small book of business.

PS: If you're reading negative comments about the company from former employees... take it with a grain of salt. This job is not about the salary. Anyone worth their mettle is not trying to keep their salary here, they're working for commissions. There's no such thing as a pay cut when you're growing a book of business and getting paid for your efforts with that book. Someone talking about pay cuts on their salary is someone that shouldn't have been here in the first place. This is real sales... not retail.

ConsI live furthermore out of Dalals than most, so the commute is a little difficult for me. While it's centrally located in beautiful Uptown Dallas off Woodall Rodgers... it's also located off Woodall Rodgers... which means traffic can be a nightmare. That's about all he negative I can think to report.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing. You've got it right.

Bad pay and no opportunity

Client Sales Representative (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsYoung/ fun culture. Relaxed work environment.

ConsCompensation is terrible compared to other sales jobs. There isn't much internal opportunity here. Good stepping tone to leave and get a better job which most people end up doing. Huge turnover here.

Great place to start you career

National Account Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsMotivated by top reps earning a lot of money. A great opportunity to make a lot of money. Great atmosphere to work in.

ConsKeep doing what your doing with the training program you have in place. It is very helpful and very in depth which helps once you hit the floor. Maybe more cash incentives for weekly spiffs.

Solid opportunity for mobility

Account Executive (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsGrowing company with options for lateral mobility. The office culture is comfortable and extremely young. Management shifts seem to have the company heading upward.

ConsBrokerage office atmosphere, somewhat immature. There is a lot of opportunity to improve the company and it is slowly being done.

Worked for Echo Global Logistics? Contribute to the Community!