Echo Global Logistics Reviews

168 reviews filtered by
2.9
Echo Global Logistics CEO and Director Doug Waggoner
Doug Waggoner

Pros
  • Echo Dallas has a great work environment for someone who wants to work hard and play hard (in 20 reviews)

• kickball team on thursdays, softball team on tuesdays, beer fridays and happy hours regularly (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • Sweeping changes in benefits and commission structure were made without warning (in 13 reviews)

• I wasn't 100% prepared when I hit the floor after training (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Great Environment! Really Enjoy Coming In To Work

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company culture here is one of a kind. I can truely say that I enjoy coming to work every day. The open desk atmosphere makes it easy to get to know your neighbors. My team is always collaborating together and boucning ideas off of eachother, which I love.

Echo is always coming up with new ways to improve and you can really see the excitement throughout the departments.

Cons

Making the dials can get tough at times but my supervisor is always available for support and assistance. It is very clear that hard work pays off and you do see results. Plus, who doesn't love extra money on those paychecks!

Echo Global Logistics Response

Jan 13, 2015Talent Sourcing Specialist

Thank you very much for your great review of Echo. We're really glad that you are enjoying your time here and find the work to be challenging and rewarding.

2. Customer Service

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time

Pros

Great place to work. Some of the best LTL technology available. Excellent people to work with, and offices all around the United States.

Cons

People in trucking aren't always the most professional. Hard to get straight answers sometimes. Staring at computer screens isn't a good all day activity.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is continue to grow the operations and make it easier for customers and employees to navigate the software.

3. Enterprise Ops

Former Employee - Enterprise Account Executive in North Chicago, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Enterprise Account Executive in North Chicago, IL (US)

I worked at Echo Global Logistics

Pros

Echo was the best job I could have had out of college. It helped me grow so much. They really want to work with you and develop you into a young business professional. Great culture, very young and very fun.

Cons

I would say the worst part was when I would hear of the newer training classes starting off with more money than I was making.

5. Entry-Level Inside Sales

Former Employee - Inside Sales in Dallas, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Inside Sales in Dallas, TX (US)

I worked at Echo Global Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits, great work-life balance, most people are fresh out of college, no college degree required, lots of energy, management does nice things for those who work hard

Cons

Poor base salary, commission structure is weak if you even break the draw. Most sales reps are not on commission-and those who do get commission are a statistical anomaly.

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping on!

Inside sales representative

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Dallas, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Dallas, TX (US)

I worked at Echo Global Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Laid back workspace
    Young environment of employees/managers
    Casual attire
    Benefits package is decent, health/dental/401k and stock options

Cons

Extremely high turn over rate
    Call center-heavy cold calls (50-90) per day
    The compensation is on the lower end of the spectrum
    Promises of unlimited earning potential rarely pan out.
    Those who earn commission on top of base salary are statistical outliers.

Advice to Management

Incentives could be better than a couple of beers on a Friday at 4 for hitting the sales goals for the week.
    Include all tiers in large contractual negotiations to better their approach/fully grasp the process

Inside Sales

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time

Pros

Fun work environment, relaxed

Cons

100% cold calling all day every day, management plays favorites

8. A good stepping stone in beginning your career

Former Employee - National Account Manager in Troy, MI (US)
    Former Employee - National Account Manager in Troy, MI (US)

I worked at Echo Global Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Young, technology based culture. Sister company to Groupon. Very goal oriented with the desire to exceed your monthly expectations. Decent training and teams willing to help you succeed. Facilitates your account management, communication, and logistics knowledge to develop the traits in molding your career. Has a very "Work hard, play hard" mentality which allows for positive a company culture.

Cons

Horrible commission structure! Now this might be slightly outdated (I left EGL in 2012) but I started off my career at Echo making $30K Base Salary with 1.5% commission. After you achieve $5K paid in your base will go up to $35K and after $15K paid in two months in a row, your commission will go up to 20%. The harder you work, the greater the outcome in. However, it doesn't really offer huge growth opportunities given you would have to do HUGE numbers in order to make a decent salary. Benefits are expensive and they offer no commuter benefits. All-in-all, it's a great stepping stone but not something which allows a promising career path.

Advice to Management

To those that you consider high achievers, ensure that you allow them to achieve personal and financial growth so there is not as much turnover. I enjoyed the culture and my team, however, I wasn't satisfied with the return (Salary) of my work. Also, former employees were able to earn commission off closed accounts, even after they left the organization. However, when I left the organization, I was shocked to learn that I was not eligible for residual commission off my closed accounts.

Echo Global Logistics Response

Apr 15, 2015Talent Sourcing Specialist

Thanks so much for taking the time to review your Echo experience-glad to hear how much you appreciated the culture you helped create in Troy! Our commission structure has updated a lot since ... More

9. Client Sales Rep

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics

Pros

Great culture, solid training and all the tools to help you sell.

Cons

Cut throat industry and can frustrate clients quickly with not much control.

10. Operations and Sales Intern

Former Intern - Operations and Sales in Dallas, TX (US)
    Former Intern - Operations and Sales in Dallas, TX (US)

I worked at Echo Global Logistics as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

- Lots of recent college grads
    - Fun environment
    - Plenty of happy hours and incentives
    - Great Location
    - Employees help each other learn and succeed

Cons

The starting compensation could be much more competitive. If the base salary was higher, it would provide Echo with better employees from the start and it would still remain beneficial to their current commission structure.

Advice to Management

Management was easy to speak with and very accommodating. Management gave realistic goals and advice. Management made sure employees were happy and did their best to resolve issues before they spiraled out of control.

11. Neutral

I worked at Echo Global Logistics

Pros

Money, free food, some cool people, close to good restaurants but they don't like if you take your lunch, not much else to say, middle management is ok

Cons

Nepotism, ten hour days with much downtime, nosey co-workers, favoritism, they drink on Fridays in the office, golfing outside of work gets you places, they take many interviews and too many months to hire

Advice to Management

They should say what they mean instead of politely sending you to screw off.

Echo Global Logistics Photos