Ecolab Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset
3.3
Ecolab Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Doug Baker Jr.
Doug Baker Jr.

Pros
  • Work life balance-strong leader in the industry (in 18 reviews)

• take company vehicle home every night (in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • The work/life balance is not there (in 39 reviews)

• if you do come on board you will be on call 24/7 even on your weekends off and forget about trying to get a holyday off (in 30 reviews)

1. Pest Control Technician

Current Employee - Pest Control Technician in London, England
    Current Employee - Pest Control Technician in London, England

I have been working at Ecolab full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Quality training provided, BPCA training, Rifle training, Electric Fly Killer servicing. Take home vehicle, phone. Potential growth. Knowledgeable staff.

Cons

Difficult hurdles chasing management & office to claim exact overtime owed. Lower salary compared to competition. Long days, often forced OOH no rest between shifts. High pressure environment.

Advice to Management

Provide staff with access to view daily overtime recorded to cross reference with payslip. Too many wasted work hours chasing office.

2. good company

Former Employee - Team Member in Leeds, England
    Former Employee - Team Member in Leeds, England

I worked at Ecolab

Pros

friendly team to work with

Cons

repetitive role in the work

3. Performance driven organisation

I have been working at Ecolab full-time

Pros

Real recognition of results and opportunities to grow/develop

Cons

Sometimes big organisations move slowly and the control regimes can frustrate

Advice to Management

none

5. Terrible company to work for

Former Employee - Pest Control Technician in Liverpool, England
    Former Employee - Pest Control Technician in Liverpool, England

I worked at Ecolab full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Left to yourself to work.

Cons

Poor pay, poor communication, new working practices brought in without consulting the workforce, very little respect for the workforce. I was sacked for trying to bring the union in so we would have some sort of representation. This is how they work. They seem to forget that it's the guys on the ground who bring the money in. Terrible company if you have an opinion or don't like being trodden on. Avoid, if you have any sense.

Advice to Management

Listen to your workforce instead of constantly riding roughshod over them. You wonder why so many are leaving the sinking ship that was a good company. Shame on you.

6. Position in the finance department

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in London, England
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in London, England

I worked at Ecolab

Pros

Friendly people makes the life in ecolab very enjoyable. We have lunch together everyday.

Cons

The place could have been a little more fast paced to be more competitive amongst its rivals. It was during its merger with Nalco so everything else was a bit unorganised.

Advice to Management

bringing more young people will make the place more vibrant. But in general the management focuses a lot on talent development

7. Great Place if you Want to Drive Change

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

I have been working at Ecolab full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A lot of change happening drivien by strong growth pattern and M&A. This gives people the opportunity to take on challenges and drive beyond what more stable companies would offer. Opportunity for personal development, but you have to drive it very proactively. The climate is very friendly and informal, you can count on people to help / work collaboratively.

Cons

So much change and growth has led to complexity that the Company is trying to address by putting teams together, improving processes and tools and egnaging employees more broadly.

Advice to Management

Continue to make Ecolab simpler while keeping the fantastic customer focus and the warm & friendly culture

8. An organisation going through significant change in Europe creating opportunities for challenging assignments

I have been working at Ecolab full-time

Pros

Right now its dynamic with lots of organisational change aimed at improving the performance of the European business, so if your looking for a role centered on leading the business to a better place from a "how we get things done around here" point of view then this is where you want to be.

Cons

As with all change environments there is pain along the journey and the activities behind the scenes can make the life of those at the coal face operating the business and delivering to customers frustrating at times. The experience from the perspective of being an employee can be patchy, but then if you're doing work you like this can compensate

Advice to Management

There needs to be more communication face to face with employees from all levels of leadership about the journey the business is on and why it makes sense. Employees need the opportunity to ask questions and hear answers. They need to be convinced that their immediate management feel included and listened to as plans and change agendas are rolled out

In the uk low pay for the pest control techs

Current Employee - Service Specialist in Cardiff, Wales
    Current Employee - Service Specialist in Cardiff, Wales

I have been working at Ecolab full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

For pest technicians it is low pay , poor morale , two different companies here , the US version and the much poorer UK version

Cons

Unlike the us benefits are for the management only , if you are at the bottom then you certainly know it. No room for progession , Poor upper management , no support in the field

Advice to Management

Come and live on our wages and conditions , stop trying to run this company from your laptop and get out in the field and see what us UK techs have to cope with

Doesnt matter we will just get another one in...the words of a division manager..

Former Employee - Territory Manager in London, England
    Former Employee - Territory Manager in London, England

I worked at Ecolab full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very easy job, not much stress

Cons

Very little uk, employee value, this is a company that prides itself on loyalty to the company, but there is NO financial reward. If your looking for a progressive UK company, this ones is currently not it. Major middle/upper management issues. Poor business models, clients leaving as quick as possible. Ashame, with the right focus could be a good company to work for...

Advice to Management

The people doing the TM role, are the frontline, they are the ones who go out and see the customers on a day-to-day basis. If you cant talk to them with an honest and rewarding future, then tell them, dont keep them in the dark. Nobody likes to try and create a career where the goalposts are never set/near.

11. Finance manager work

I have been working at Ecolab full-time

Pros

A good company with decent benefits. Very good growth potential in its business. People are generally nice to work with.

Cons

Very out dated IT system. Extremely difficult to get the data. But the company is aware of it and is in process of updating it IT infrastructure system.

Advice to Management

Give its employee more recognition when they did a good job. Provide more systematic training to new employees.

RSS Feed </> Embed