Ecolab

Ecolab Reviews

Updated 26 February 2015
Updated 26 February 2015
3.2

Ecolab Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Doug Baker Jr.
Doug Baker Jr.

Pros
  • Relaxed work environment, flexibility in work/life balance (in 18 reviews)

• Only real plus is having a company vehicle to take home with gas & insurance taken care of (in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance gets lip-service - make no mistake there is expectation for 60 (in 39 reviews)

• NO time off as you are literally on call 24/7 and that is what you usually work (in 30 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Place if you Want to Drive Change

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

I have been working at Ecolab full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

A lot of change happening drivien by strong growth pattern and M&A. This gives people the opportunity to take on challenges and drive beyond what more stable companies would offer. Opportunity for personal development, but you have to drive it very proactively.
    The climate is very friendly and informal, you can count on people to help / work collaboratively.

Cons

So much change and growth has led to complexity that the Company is trying to address by putting teams together, improving processes and tools and egnaging employees more broadly.

Continue to make Ecolab simpler while keeping the fantastic customer focus and the warm & friendly culture

An organisation going through significant change in Europe creating opportunities for challenging assignments

I have been working at Ecolab full-time

Pros

Right now its dynamic with lots of organisational change aimed at improving the performance of the European business, so if your looking for a role centered on leading the business to a better place from a "how we get things done around here" point of view then this is where you want to be.

Cons

As with all change environments there is pain along the journey and the activities behind the scenes can make the life of those at the coal face operating the business and delivering to customers frustrating at times. The experience from the perspective of being an employee can be patchy, but then if you're doing work you like this can compensate

There needs to be more communication face to face with employees from all levels of leadership about the journey the business is on and why it makes sense. Employees need the opportunity to ask questions and hear answers. They need to be convinced that their immediate management feel included and listened to as plans and change agendas are rolled out

In the uk low pay for the pest control techs

Current Employee - Service Specialist in Cardiff, Wales
    Current Employee - Service Specialist in Cardiff, Wales

I have been working at Ecolab full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

For pest technicians it is low pay , poor morale , two different companies here , the US version and the much poorer UK version

Cons

Unlike the us benefits are for the management only , if you are at the bottom then you certainly know it.
    No room for progession , Poor upper management , no support in the field

Come and live on our wages and conditions , stop trying to run this company from your laptop and get out in the field and see what us UK techs have to cope with

Doesnt matter we will just get another one in...the words of a division manager..

Former Employee - Territory Manager in London, England
    Former Employee - Territory Manager in London, England

I worked at Ecolab full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Very easy job, not much stress

Cons

Very little uk, employee value, this is a company that prides itself on loyalty to the company, but there is NO financial reward. If your looking for a progressive UK company, this ones is currently not it. Major middle/upper management issues. Poor business models, clients leaving as quick as possible. Ashame, with the right focus could be a good company to work for...

The people doing the TM role, are the frontline, they are the ones who go out and see the customers on a day-to-day basis. If you cant talk to them with an honest and rewarding future, then tell them, dont keep them in the dark. Nobody likes to try and create a career where the goalposts are never set/near.

Employee focused company

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at Ecolab

Pros

Very proactive company with genuine concern for employees. Excellent CEO. Good pay ,ok benefits, empowering environment. Upper management is very professional and seems to be at the top of their game.

Cons

It's a large outfit, so there's going to be some bureaucracy. That seems to slow things down a little bit but that's to be expected.

Excellent Company

I have been working at Ecolab

Pros

Best part of working here is, you are not stuck behind a desk. Also you can work with people and machinery.

Cons

There is no issues if you are a normal hard worker.

At college job fairs, tell the students that the job is 50% sales and 50% fixing machinery.

Employees mean nothing.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO (US)

I have been working at Ecolab full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Decent pay, benefits, and ability to work independently.

Cons

Work life balance is terrible. Now they are trying to control your life as much as possible. If I wanted to find a part time job I have to ask my supervisor for permission to do this on my own time.

You all know you need to

ELC

I have been working at Ecolab

Pros

flex work hour especially for people with young children

Cons

may need to work overtime when there is urgent need

Acct Exec

Former Employee - Acct Executive in Chicago, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Acct Executive in Chicago, IL (US)

I worked at Ecolab full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good people to work with

Cons

Sales budgets were hard to attain

Never stop selling

Current Employee - Territory Manager
    Current Employee - Territory Manager

I have been working at Ecolab

Pros

If your job, embrace change, know how to balance work and life, sell helpful solutions to customers you will love this company.

Cons

In the field alone, they don't reimburse gas $$ 100%, your advancement is up to you. You will get passed up by others but you must keep working hard.

More grace. If we loose a corporate customer why do we loose?