Edelman

Edelman Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014

Edelman President and CEO Richard W. Edelman

Richard W. Edelman

Pros
  • Lots of resources available to employees and good work-life balance culture (in 51 reviews)

• Many smart people to work with on a diverse portfolio of projects (in 52 reviews)

Cons
  • Extremely high work pressure means that work life balance is adversely impacted (in 110 reviews)

• Long hours; org structure difficult to understand/navigate (in 90 reviews)

More Highlights

Good opportunities

Account Manager (Current Employee) London, England

ProsThrow you in at the deep and and allow you space to grow

ConsExcessive hours, will screw you on salary given a chance.

Thought leaders.

Human Resources BP (Current Employee) London, England

ProsIndependent
    Family oriented
    Leading the way in PR/Public Engagement

ConsUK has been without a CEO for some time. This is now due to change.

Good global opportunities - but only when you are senior

Accounts Executive (Current Employee) London, England

Pros- Some really great clients
    - Decent holiday benefits (start on 20 days holiday (rising to 25) + 1/2 day around bank holidays + days off between Xmas and New Year + Birthday day
    - Smart and innovative colleagues
    - Good training

Cons- The pay for junior staff is really poor
    - People can be overlooked for promotion as MDs are just so busy and don't get much time to interact with junior staff
    - The hours are long - which would be much more palatable if they pay was better
    - The tasks can be thankless, boring and monotonousness for junior staff

Advice to Senior Management- Pay your junior staff something they can actually survive on

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

great agency if you can hack agency life

Intern (Current Employee) London, England

high budget clients

Conslong hours
    very fast pace

Advice to Senior Managementdoing a great jon

Fantastic & fun place to work where real opportunities are given, but hours are long and pay is low.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) London, England

ProsGlobal agency with incredible list of clients. Great people, all of whom are very competent and driven. It is fun and full of young people. There is a real push for people to learn and take on as much responsibility as they feel fit.

ConsResourcing is a constant problem. As with all agencies, the salaries are not high especially if they are put in relation to the number of hours spent in the office.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more attention to people. Winning new business is only one part of a successful company.

it was ok, some stuff left a bad taste in my mouth

Accounts Executive (Current Employee) London, England

Prosthey have got a great eye for detail, high standards, offer opportunities to grow,

Consas a very junior employee, I was exhausted, long hours are expected. I had just started and yet they do not give staff teething time to settle in, one feels they are already being discussed at the coffee table by peers/ managers. Some of the tasks are very dull and they pounce on juniors with free time to get their tasks done. seemed a bit cuthroat in some instances. Cliquey. There are people there in their early 30s who have been there since their early twenties and probably on over inflated salaries, very nervous that juniors should pull their weight.
    The economic downturn has made them nervous. Shame I left as I learnt a lot of good stuff but in the long run...it was not a good fit in terms of lifestyle or long run feel good organisation with a creative thought process and supportive learning culture at its heart.

Advice to Senior Managementbe more flexible, and supportive of juniors. Strip top level of so many overpaid managers. actually let staff leave at 5.30. They might actually be more creative. There was an element of big brother is watching which annoyed me. One had to report their every movement to the entire dept and junior staff are often managed by very young staff themselves who are insecure and put undue pressure on their subordinates.

Fantastic place to work, with a clear company vision, great clients, and very capable staff at all levels

Account Manager (Current Employee) London, England

ProsFantastic opportunities to work with some great consumer and corporate brands on interesting projects, very capable management at all levels, decent pay, days in lieu offered readily for working long hours or on the weekend, and a clearly articulated company vision bringing the company together.

ConsEmployees often work long hours, not a great pension scheme, quite a top heavy structure - there is a lack of junior support staff, and senior staff often have difficulty in pushing back on clients resulting in unrealistic deadlines and over servicing.

Advice to Senior ManagementMove to a bit more of a pyramid structure where there is a decent number of junior support staff, and try pushing back on clients. We should be offering strategic counsel and not necessarily doing every single thing they ask us to do.

Great independent PR company, nice family feel without the corporate restraints.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) London, England

ProsGreat perks, promotion opportunities, global relocation available.

ConsLonger hours, but flexibility makes up for it.

Hard work, but worth it

Director (Current Employee) London, England

ProsGreat clients tackling major issues; a culture of innovation; focus on personal professional development; collaborative approach; friendly environment. And the new London offices are fantastic.

ConsWork life balance is poor, especially for the best people; slightly obsessed with all things digital, but the firm is a market leader in this space so they do have the right to feel proud about that

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing specific; senior management is generally in touch with the business and manages the organisation well

Edelman

Senior Vice President (Former Employee) Washington, DC (US)

ProsGreat clients. Collegial work environment. Good growth and professional development potential

ConsSenior managers and executives need to be trained better to become more inspiring leaders

Worked for Edelman? Contribute to the Community!