Edelman

www.edelman.com
Employer Engaged

great agency if you can hack agency life

Current Intern - Intern in London, England
    Current Intern - Intern in London, England

I have been working at Edelman as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

collaborative environment
    creative
    fun
    great perks
    high budget clients

Cons

long hours
    very fast pace

doing a great jon

Fantastic & fun place to work where real opportunities are given, but hours are long and pay is low.

I have been working at Edelman

Pros

Global agency with incredible list of clients. Great people, all of whom are very competent and driven. It is fun and full of young people. There is a real push for people to learn and take on as much responsibility as they feel fit.

Cons

Resourcing is a constant problem. As with all agencies, the salaries are not high especially if they are put in relation to the number of hours spent in the office.

Pay more attention to people. Winning new business is only one part of a successful company.

it was ok, some stuff left a bad taste in my mouth

Current Employee - Accounts Executive in London, England
    Current Employee - Accounts Executive in London, England

I have been working at Edelman

Pros

they have got a great eye for detail, high standards, offer opportunities to grow,

Cons

as a very junior employee, I was exhausted, long hours are expected. I had just started and yet they do not give staff teething time to settle in, one feels they are already being discussed at the coffee table by peers/ managers. Some of the tasks are very dull and they pounce on juniors with free time to get their tasks done. seemed a bit cuthroat in some instances. Cliquey. There are people there in their early 30s who have been there since their early twenties and probably on over inflated salaries, very nervous that juniors should pull their weight.
    The economic downturn has made them nervous. Shame I left as I learnt a lot of good stuff but in the long run...it was not a good fit in terms of lifestyle or long run feel good organisation with a creative thought process and supportive learning culture at its heart.

be more flexible, and supportive of juniors. Strip top level of so many overpaid managers. actually let staff leave at 5.30. They might actually be more creative. There was an element of big brother is watching which annoyed me. One had to report their every movement to the entire dept and junior staff are often managed by very young staff themselves who are insecure and put undue pressure on their subordinates.

Fantastic place to work, with a clear company vision, great clients, and very capable staff at all levels

Current Employee - Account Manager in London, England
    Current Employee - Account Manager in London, England

I have been working at Edelman

Pros

Fantastic opportunities to work with some great consumer and corporate brands on interesting projects, very capable management at all levels, decent pay, days in lieu offered readily for working long hours or on the weekend, and a clearly articulated company vision bringing the company together.

Cons

Employees often work long hours, not a great pension scheme, quite a top heavy structure - there is a lack of junior support staff, and senior staff often have difficulty in pushing back on clients resulting in unrealistic deadlines and over servicing.

Move to a bit more of a pyramid structure where there is a decent number of junior support staff, and try pushing back on clients. We should be offering strategic counsel and not necessarily doing every single thing they ask us to do.

Great independent PR company, nice family feel without the corporate restraints.

I have been working at Edelman

Pros

Great perks, promotion opportunities, global relocation available.

Cons

Longer hours, but flexibility makes up for it.

Hard work, but worth it

Current Employee - Director in London, England
    Current Employee - Director in London, England

I have been working at Edelman

Pros

Great clients tackling major issues; a culture of innovation; focus on personal professional development; collaborative approach; friendly environment. And the new London offices are fantastic.

Cons

Work life balance is poor, especially for the best people; slightly obsessed with all things digital, but the firm is a market leader in this space so they do have the right to feel proud about that

Nothing specific; senior management is generally in touch with the business and manages the organisation well

Good learning ground for young or professionals. Gets bogged down in politics at higher levels.

Former Employee - Senior Vice President in San Jose, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Vice President in San Jose, CA (US)

I worked at Edelman full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Big company, smart people, resources. International, and that gives people the opportunity to travel, work abroad and try different options.

Cons

Politics & siloed operations really hinder teamwork and client service. Offering is pretty dated by now. Would benefit from fresh senior leadership in key roles.

Rethink the client service experience: client first. Broaden offerings in digital marketing.

Entrepreneurial organization

Current Employee - Senior Account Supervisor in Seattle, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Account Supervisor in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Edelman

Pros

Opportunity to chart your own career path, work with smart people, good company culture.

Cons

Disparities from team to team and office to office.

Smart Environment and good ideas. Great team working

I worked at Edelman

Pros

Very interesting in the organization of the various team, each one dedicated to speicifc clients. Young envirnment and always updated about business, poilitc, sports, fashion, ect

Cons

No balance between work and private life

Best Place to work!

I worked at Edelman

Pros

Wonderful experience, Great culture, and work life balance. I miss working here.

Cons

I can't think of one.