Egon Zehnder

Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Egon Zehnder CEO Rajeev Vasudeva

Rajeev Vasudeva

Pros
  • Manageable work hours, work-life balance is great (in 3 reviews)

• Some good benefits, which can be found elsewhere also (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Also, they do not have fixed career path like in other organisations, so the promotions don't come easily (in 5 reviews)

• Mind numbingly boring, no room for growth (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Experience depends on office and practice

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat exposure to executive resume assessment, instills attention to detail and strong work ethic. Lots of comradery between research analysts and associates.

ConsLittle appreciation of research, variable experience based on which consultants you work with, no career path for research to move up, research management is incestuous and stagnant

Advice to Senior ManagementStandardize consultant's approach to research organization, make path for researchers to become consultants

good

Research Analyst (Current Employee) Delhi (India)

Prosoverall culture and workplace environment to be precise

Consnothing in general to be precise as its a good place overall

Advice to Senior Managementnothing

The company is not employee friendly

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

ProsGood shift timings and hours, cabs are provided and in case you opt out of cab you get allowance for that.

Constoo much pressure
    senseless issues
    employees are treated as machines

Advice to Senior ManagementShould respect the employees and not always treat them as machines

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Company!

Research Analyst Intern (Former Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

ProsThe culture at Egon Zehnder is fantastic. Consultants and analysts at different offices around the world work together in order to deliver optimal results to clients. The internship experience at the firm is absolutely phenomenal and one of the best professional experiences I have ever had. The firm invests significant time and money to integrate the interns into the firm and provides extensive training which I really appreciated. I also enjoyed the wide range of tasks and projects I was assigned and all the incredibly intelligent people with whom I had the opportunity to interact.

ConsAt times I disagreed with the research approach of several team members on projects, but am unsure as to how specific that is to Egon Zehnder and not simply the consulting field in general.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think creating a greater bridge between the research analyst and consultant positions at the firm in terms of client-site interaction and responsibility would allow for significantly greater talent retention at the research analyst level.

Okay company to work with

ProsGood initial package for IT department.
    Normal work
    Flexible working hours
    Many benefits for IT people in the company when compared to other data processing teams.

ConsPoor increment percentage.
    Okay Infrastructure
    Meal quality is not upto the mark.
    Very less fun activities in the office

Advice to Senior ManagementPeople are okay but lacks insights

Run!! There are better options out there...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

ProsGood brand in the search business
    Easy work
    OK hour

ConsLimited growth (no future)
    Poor management
    Rubbish people from top to bottom from PAs to Cs to Rs

Advice to Senior ManagementAfter all its just headhunting, no need to over-advertise its brand and acting like industry leaders.

Great firm

Partner (Current Employee)

ProsGood values. At the core, they do try hard to care about people. The least transactional of all the big search firms. Global footprint and good exposure to global work. . Smart people. Very service oriented internally and externally,

ConsLots of cliques similar to high school. A popularity contest. Inward focused. Leadership and cultures have wide variance by office and practice group. Varied degrees of transparency. Frugal.

Advice to Senior ManagementBuild greater leadership consistency across offices and practice groups. Shift from popularity to more weight on results. Invest more in strategic growth rather than exclusively organic. More aggressively broaden services beyond acquisition.

Top-heavy company full of negative and harsh employees

Research Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsNice facilities, lots of office supplies available, pays well, travel opportunities

ConsFeedback is great. If done properly, it can help fix issues and motivate employees. At EZI, they give you an overload of feedback, to the point where it feels they are beating you up. They are way too concerned with appearances and little nitpicky things in the office, and less concerned with helping you do good work.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to foster a more positive work environment. It will help your employees be happier. Focus more on the work and helping people utilize their strengths for the company rather than tearing them down for their weaknesses.

Strong learning experience

Senior Researcher (Former Employee)

ProsVery smart people at the firm. The consultants are very collaborative and work hard to educate researchers on the search process

ConsThey work hard and cut support staff too quickly, which means the workload is always high.The global nature of the firm of leads to late night/very early morning calls.

Good place with great work/life balance

ProsWork/Life balance. Seniour managemnet people.

ConsSame job, same rutine processes

Advice to Senior ManagementEngage analysts more to the consulting process

Worked for Egon Zehnder? Contribute to the Community!