Elizabeth Arden

Be The First To
Add Photos

Elizabeth Arden Chairman, President, and CEO E. Scott Beattie

E. Scott Beattie

Learned a lot, fun place to work

Marketing Intern (Former Employee)
London, England

I worked at Elizabeth Arden as an intern for less than a year

ProsOpen work environment, lots of collaboration, rebranding process was helpful and fun to be a part of

ConsSome miscommunication among upper management. My boss for the internship was not helpful and did not take the time to teach me. Instead, she did everything for herself and left me bored.

Advice to Senior ManagementAssign interns specific long term projects instead of smaller tasks.

good core values, stability

Account Executive (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL (US)

I worked at Elizabeth Arden full-time for more than 5 years

Prossalary was very good and benefits were excellent

Consno work life balance, constantly working around the clock

Great Place to Work

Supply Chain (Current Employee)
Stamford, CT (US)

I have been working at Elizabeth Arden full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat work/life balance. I rarely work later than 5, which is amazing these days. To make it even better there are half day Fridays ALWAYS.

Very friendly employees all around.

Manager is very helpful with reviews.

Raises happen every year unless the company is doing terrible.

Stamford office is amazing with a very bright environment

ConsNo sense of company culture (happy hours or department dinners)

Would not recommend

Retail Executive (Current Employee)

I have been working at Elizabeth Arden full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat benefits, you can learn a lot about business here.

ConsNo home work life balance. No respect for personal time. 15 hour days even when 9 months pregnant. Not a good company for people with families. There is not a lot of room for advancement for field employees. Company is growing but at the detriment to their loyal employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect your employees and their personal time.

So much potential, but terrible place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Elizabeth Arden full-time

ProsHours and holiday schedule are perks.

ConsToxic atmosphere. Open office environment. No forward thinking, just reacting to achieving sales goals for current period with no consideration to the effect on future sales.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe in touch more with the employees who make the company tick, and more than a random town hall meeting. Plan for the future and stick to the plan - don't rearrange launches on items to get the bump in sales now.

Friendly/flexible work environment

Project Manager (Current Employee)
New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Elizabeth Arden full-time for more than a year

Pros-pretty flexible if you need to work from home or take a few hours off every once a while if needed
-off at 2pm on Fridays
-friendly coworkers

Cons-products are just alright in my opinion
-workload quite heavy and very little support due to limited resources
-not seeing advancement opportunity

Unorganized, undervalued, unappreciated and under paid!

Hair Stylist (Former Employee)
New York, NY (US)

I worked at Elizabeth Arden full-time for less than a year

ProsThe people I met who have also left.

ConsThis company does not value its employees and is extremely unorganized. They expect you to drop everything and come to a meeting in a moments notice when that meeting doesn't even pertain to you. During my employment there they thought they were doing us a favor by giving us an hourly rate due to construction delays, but what they failed to understand or care about was the pathetic amount they gave us didn't pay for all of the debt we incurred during our time there. Aside from the the commute alone, paying for lunches, etc. the pathetic 8.00 an hour they paid us didn't even cover a Metro Card. They later upped it to 10 and thought they had given us gold. When construction went on for another delay they said they would give us all a bonus. (Of course it was taxed) but you had to stay for another 4 weeks to see it. If you work for them prepare yourself to live on their hourly wage and not a penny more. You have to work on at least 11 clients a week in order to make a commission. Sound easy? It's impossible! All we did was work on employees. They give their corporate people huge discounts and then those people don't even tip you on the full bill. Cheap! Cheap! Cheap! By the way, they don't advertise, so seeing 11 clients a week is next to impossible. We were told, "Here are your business cards, the rest is up to you now." Did I mention the cards were two months late? Oh, and if you asked for a schedule so that you might be able to "plan" your life, they looked at you as though you had asked them for a liver transplant. We were told there was a massive advertising campaign and it never happened. I won't even get started on the artistic team they hired.
We cleaned the salon every day for a week, unpacked boxes, moved boxes and unpacked them again and again. At one point a few of the office employees had a breakfast and she yelled at one of the styling team for taking some orange juice. Real humane!
I kept telling myself it would get better, but sadly, it only got worse. Stay away from this company! I saw people lose their entire savings trying to stay afloat there and all of the promises that were made that went by the wayside. We were always reminded of how "replaceable" we all were.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop expecting your salon staff to do the job you do with the salaries you make and to work the hours that you work. We are not salaried employees!!! Stop using your employees to your advantage. I was hired to be a stylist at your salon, not the maid service, the packing service or the group talk service to talk about your new products and evaluate them. They are called focus groups and they get paid 100.00 a session, not 8.00. Wake up and smell 2014! People want to work with a company that is conscious and treats its people well. As much as you try to advance Elizabeth Arden, you might want to just accept that fact that it will always be the place everyone buys their mother a gift certificate to on Mother's Day. It will never be more than that because the people who run this corporation are still stuck in that mode. Wake up and treat your employees better-then maybe you might see a change in your growth. It's not always about the bottom line-especially when you are using your employees to make your quotas.

Poor business strategy and organization

AR Representative (Former Employee)
Geneva (Switzerland)

I worked at Elizabeth Arden full-time for more than 3 years

ProsHuge employee discounts at staff shop
Holidays

Consincompetent management, poor organization, mobbing

Advice to Senior Managementconsider people managing courses for managers

Engineering Intern

Industrial Engineering Intern (Former Employee)
Roanoke, VA (US)

I worked at Elizabeth Arden as an intern for less than a year

ProsGreat Co-Workers,Invaluable Experience Gained, Very hands on

ConsI sincerely do not have any negatives everyone treated me very well and interning there was one of the best experiences i've ever had.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep having the internship program, i've been told my many potential employers that some of the work I did while interning was very impressive.

Can't seem to find the right way to steer the ship

I have been working at Elizabeth Arden

ProsSome great team members, flexible work hours

ConsCan't seem to get their act together, Senior management out of touch with the employees

Worked for Elizabeth Arden? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Elizabeth Arden reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Elizabeth Arden CEO E. Scott Beattie. All 38 reviews are posted anonymously by Elizabeth Arden employees.