There are newer employer reviews for 1-800 CONTACTS

Great place to work

Current Employee - Senior Telecommunications Engineer in Draper, UT (US)
Current Employee - Senior Telecommunications Engineer in Draper, UT (US)

I have been working at 1-800 CONTACTS full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Salary's are competitive. They offer a lot of perks like discount meals in the cafeteria, free soda, film festivals, and onsite gym with personal trainers. The environment is good to work in. Innovation is important.

Cons

I don't really have much to complain about. We have one bad apple, but it doesn't spoil the bunch for most.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the bad apple.

reviews filtered by

It is a good company to work for

I have been working at 1-800 CONTACTS full-time

Pros

The benefits are good but the wages are not very high. This is a great job for students but it's hard for me to see it as a place to grow.

Cons

Your either in or out of the stereotype they want, If you are outside it is harder to grow. I've seen a lot of talented hardworking people disregarded just because they were not a certain way.

Just another call center

Former Employee - Rx Specialist in Draper, UT (US)
    Former Employee - Rx Specialist in Draper, UT (US)

I worked at 1-800 CONTACTS full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The lunch room, gym, schedule flexibility, and summer party are great perks of the company. They work hard to make sure their employees are taken care of in that respect. As a general call center or Rx agent, it allows you to maintain a good balance between home life and work.

Cons

This is just another call center that is a good option for people who want schedule flexibility, either for going to school, single parents, or a part-time job. Long-term careers are not really much of an option, and the pay is poor in comparison to other call centers. They'll try to tell you that other companies won't treat you as well, but don't believe it. There are better jobs out there.

Advice to Management

Take time to listen to your employees and improve morale. Try for more open and honest communication with the employees and look at your employees as an asset, not a liability.

There are newer employer reviews for 1-800 CONTACTS