Aéropostale
www.aeropostale.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Way overworked! Not given tools to succeed.

Store Manager (Former Employee)
Saint Louis, MO (US)

I worked at Aéropostale full-time for more than a year

ProsSomewhat decent pay for retail.
earn one personal day a month.

ConsNever given enough hours,to properly run store.
Direction from home office is never consistent
Don't have an effective training program.
ridiculously long hours you are required to work during holiday
Low price point men's a constant battle with cheap customers.

I was hired by Aero thinking there would be a lot of opportunity, boy was I wrong. The company offers littles opportunity for advancement unless you just want to move to a higher volume store. Store managers are given little freedom to actually run the store. the DM spends all of their time micro-managing instead of working to help train the managers.
They recently made changes to management head counts so many stores are required to run with only 2 full time managers. I was hired and left in a store with a newly hired AM as well and left to fend for myself without help from the DM on how to run the store. And if you are down a manager you will get no help from others stores, the SM is expected to work all of their hours as well as the management hours of the manager you are short(even if it is just bc your manager is on vacation)
The company is constantly running and changing promotions that are confusing to the customer( once we even changed promotion half way through the day).
Also the black out dates for not being able to take vacation are worse than any other retail place I have worked, bc in addition to what is listed in the handbook the dm and rm will just make up days that you can't take vacation (ie last day of the month, last saturday of the month, spring break, mothers/fathers day weekend, Easter weekend)
If you are thinking of leaving your current retail job for aero(especially in the St. Louis/Kansas City/Springfield area) I would try to do as much research as possible and try to talk to people who work or used to work there. it won't be hard to find many who used to work there.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide enough hours for stores to run effectively and successfully.

Great Company !!! But very low pay

Assistant Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Aéropostale full-time

Pros: Great health benefits Great employees Great vacation time Great personal days Great employee… Cons: Very low pay Sometimes the bonus plans for each month… Advice to Senior Management: Nothing !! The Management is great but should give yearly… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

I was a Keyholder at Aeropstale and I think it's a great company to work for!

Keyholder (Current Employee)
Indianapolis, IN (US)

I have been working at Aéropostale part-time for less than a year

Pros: - Great discount; 30% off of everything, and you recieve %50 off anything in the store once a month. -The company cares about you and wants… Cons: -There are alot of promos,marketing changes, and markdowns and the company doesn't give you enough payroll hours to complete the tasks… Advice to Senior Management: I think management would be alot happier if there were more payroll hours to complete markdowns, marketing changes, and promos. When the expectation is… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Aéropostale.

Worked for Aéropostale? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Aéropostale reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Aéropostale CEO Thomas P. Johnson. All reviews posted anonymously by Aéropostale employees.