There are newer employer reviews for A.D.A.M.

Strange. Just when you think they are on the right path they derail the train themselves.

I worked at A.D.A.M.

Pros

Decent pay and flexibility with work life balance.

Cons

They have no idea what they are doing as they are stuck in the mud with an antiquated platform.

Advice to Management

Think about a plan of attack or direction you're heading for more than a minute.

reviews filtered by

Lost Opportunites

I worked at A.D.A.M.

Pros

ADAM has a history of producing quality work. The health libraries and education materials were very well done. If the focus had continued on these products, the company would have continued to grow.

Cons

The enrollment software lead to the majority of the technical staff leaving or being shown the door. IT is a shame that a company with great products was unable to continue.

Advice to Management

Too late for advice to management. The company has been stripped and sold after the CEO "pursed other opportunities" after the worst performing year of the company.

2. Worst experience ever.

I worked at A.D.A.M.

Pros

Most of the people that I worked with there were really hard workers and fun to be around. Despite the work environment my peers kept striving to make a change. I'm still friends with most of the people I worked with and I hope those I left behind can find a more productive and nurturing home soon.

Cons

They treated their employees like cattle, expecting us to work nights and weekends to launch poorly designed products whose spec kept changing up until the last second. I was there less than a year and I couldn't get out fast enough. Even in my short time there, management either let or encouraged all of the domain experience to walk out the door. I don't think there is but a handful of people left who have more than a few years working for the company.

Advice to Management

My advice with the board of directors is to not stop the replacement of executive management with Kevin Noland. That cut was too late, and not nearly deep enough.