A Place for Mom

www.aplaceformom.com
  www.aplaceformom.com
There are newer employer reviews for A Place for Mom

I love it and it one of the most rewarding jobs I have ever had.

Current Employee - Elder Care Advisor in Washington, DC (US)
Current Employee - Elder Care Advisor in Washington, DC (US)

I have been working at A Place for Mom

Pros

You can make your schedule flexible, but you need to work over 40 hours to make this job work for you. Expect to put in 60-70 hours your first year. The families love your help; it is very reqarding.

Cons

I don't think a lot of new advisors coming on board quite get the resources that are available to families so developing trust is key. You have to be the expert. Many people are hired from a sales background with little to no senior background work so they tend to be money and numbers driven which is not what this field is about. The sales process is extremely slow which is to be expected in this kind of sales.

Manage is great! They listen to what we say and try to take what we say and implement it. I think they do a great job.

111 Other Employee Reviews for A Place for Mom (View Most Recent)

On your mark, get ready, ... hey not so fast.

Current Employee - Elder Care Advisor
    Current Employee - Elder Care Advisor

I have been working at A Place for Mom

Pros

It can be very satisfying to help a family who has found themselves in a crisis. The company prepares you well to work with the elderly and their families to find care options and solutions. The technology that the company has in place to allow you to work from your home office is pretty awesome.

Cons

That same technology allows the company to listen in on and monitor your calls, see your computer screen, etc... It always feels like someone is watching but since you are at home alone it is kinda like being the only gold fish in the bowl. The position requires a lot of diversification and multi-tasking. This could be a positive for some but many feel it is over whelming. They have a bankable draw. They tell you up front it will be 3-4 months before you make more than the draw which is not enough to begin with, but most advisors take much longer to get beyond the draw balance which accumulates.

Base salary vs. accumulating draw balance. Set appropriate expectations up front. Have the advisors advise, have others for Professional Referral Development and Partner Development in each market.

Good Place To Work If You Like Commission Only Work

Current Employee - Elder Care Advisor in Seattle, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Elder Care Advisor in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at A Place for Mom

Pros

Excellent opportunity to help others. Good income levels after you get past ramp up. Excellent training that is ongoing including technology based training, sales training, and other types of opportunities. Good coaching model both during "early success" and the market phase.

Cons

Ramp up is at least 6 months, so be prepared for this! This job is not for people who are not accustomed to working really, really hard. The average sales cycle in this industry is fairly lengthy, so don't expect quick income!

It would be nice to have a base salary. Even a small one would be more helpful than a recoverable draw. It would also benefit the company to have a better benefits package that is more competitive.

There are newer employer reviews for A Place for Mom