There are newer employer reviews for ADM

Very poor management, decent pay, brutal hours

Former Employee - Director of Tax in Decatur, IL (US)
Former Employee - Director of Tax in Decatur, IL (US)

I worked at ADM full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Decent pay and benefits, co-workers and staff people generally easy to work with

Cons

Terrible review process, most management is unqualified, expectations unrealistic, 70 -80 hour workweeks. I worked under a manager for 20 years that rarely worked a full week and treated employees terribly, yet he kept his job, you could never talk to him without condescending arrogant replies. When he retired, he was replaced by a person who only knew anything about federal and international tax, and was a horrible manager; you could never trust what he said as he would reverse it a week later; put extreme stress and pressure on the dept. Company wide, morale is very poor. I finally had enough and retired early because of heart problems which I place the blame for directly on ADM, in short, I was being worked to death. There is also a lot of corruption.

Pat Woertz isn't qualified for this company as she came from an oil company which as is common opposes ethanol which ADM is the world's largest producer. Most of the old upper management knew this diverse company backwards and forward and most have quit.

144 Other Employee Reviews for ADM (View Most Recent)

QC Lab is more like a bad horror movie!

Current Employee - QC Lab in Valdosta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - QC Lab in Valdosta, GA (US)

I have been working at ADM full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Lots of great people in this company. Overall a great place to work as long as you're in the right department. If you're considering a position in the QC Lab, you'd be better off pumping septic systems with a drinking straw than tolerating the broomstick riding manager.

Cons

People not qualified being put in supervisory positions. Those people then treat you like trash and lie to cover their own behinds. Obviously fat and lazy is rewarded and if you don't kiss fat and lazy's ass, you're not "ADM Material".

Cut the FAT!!! I mean that figuratively and literally. SHE is the reason you can't keep the lab fully staffed. I think we've been through five employees in the last six months and everyone leaves because she runs them off. We're tired of working so much overtime and missing our families because her mouth is inappropriate and offensive to new hires.

Great learing experience but very political. Diversity and Inclusion is all but non existant. Male dominated.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Decatur, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Decatur, IL (US)

I worked at ADM full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The organization expects you to preform and employees are given a good degree of responsibility early on. Prsents the opportunity to learn and develop skills in the one area you work in. The company is very diversified in product production and is constantly growing and reorganizing to adapt to market changes. Salaries are below the industry average and raises are based on a faulty review system.

Cons

Although the organization is a Fortune 28 company, they have a number of internal struggles. Including promoting leaders who do not possess leadership skills. Often, promotions are based on who is wearing your T-shirt, who you know and who is in the private meeting to speak on your behalf. The company is good at what they do but suffer from being a bit arrogant in their relationships. There is a lack of commitment to diversity and inclusion. Leaders are not committed to true development of the general population of employees. They prefer to hand pick those whom they believe deserve to be developed. Others are left in the cold wondering why they were left off the list.

Management needs to be more inclusive in their development of employees, Learn to share information with employees and stop showing favoritism.

There are newer employer reviews for ADM