There are newer employer reviews for ADM

Very poor management, decent pay, brutal hours

Former Employee - Director of Tax in Decatur, IL (US)
Former Employee - Director of Tax in Decatur, IL (US)

I worked at ADM full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Decent pay and benefits, co-workers and staff people generally easy to work with

Cons

Terrible review process, most management is unqualified, expectations unrealistic, 70 -80 hour workweeks. I worked under a manager for 20 years that rarely worked a full week and treated employees terribly, yet he kept his job, you could never talk to him without condescending arrogant replies. When he retired, he was replaced by a person who only knew anything about federal and international tax, and was a horrible manager; you could never trust what he said as he would reverse it a week later; put extreme stress and pressure on the dept. Company wide, morale is very poor. I finally had enough and retired early because of heart problems which I place the blame for directly on ADM, in short, I was being worked to death. There is also a lot of corruption.

Advice to Management

Pat Woertz isn't qualified for this company as she came from an oil company which as is common opposes ethanol which ADM is the world's largest producer. Most of the old upper management knew this diverse company backwards and forward and most have quit.

reviews filtered by

QC Lab is more like a bad horror movie!

Current Employee - QC Lab in Valdosta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - QC Lab in Valdosta, GA (US)

I have been working at ADM full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Lots of great people in this company. Overall a great place to work as long as you're in the right department. If you're considering a position in the QC Lab, you'd be better off pumping septic systems with a drinking straw than tolerating the broomstick riding manager.

Cons

People not qualified being put in supervisory positions. Those people then treat you like trash and lie to cover their own behinds. Obviously fat and lazy is rewarded and if you don't kiss fat and lazy's ass, you're not "ADM Material".

Advice to Management

Cut the FAT!!! I mean that figuratively and literally. SHE is the reason you can't keep the lab fully staffed. I think we've been through five employees in the last six months and everyone leaves because she runs them off. We're tired of working so much overtime and missing our families because her mouth is inappropriate and offensive to new hires.

Career development gone missing

Former Employee - Finance in Decatur, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Finance in Decatur, IL (US)

I worked at ADM full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very big company with global locations and opportunities

Cons

Management short sighted. Focused on task execution and not as much on longer term career development

Advice to Management

Higher good people managers

There are newer employer reviews for ADM